Truth V3 Stretch Boardshort *pics*

redwhite.jpg

bluewhite.jpg

orangewhite.jpg

redyellow.jpg

Cheers.

uhh, ahh, ugh no no no man I dont wanna look like a walking willy wonka in those colors lol. Doesnt look good with different colors split like that imo.

Yeah, maybe with some darker colors or different combos, but these look like Gymboree started making fight shorts.

Thanks for the feedback guys. vjvj - can you email me a photo to [email protected] of the stitching irregularity when you have a chance? I want to send it to the factory so they can address it. THanks.

Sure thing, I'll try to do that this weekend.

vjvj let me know if you sent the photos, I may have missed your email...

Nope, not yet. Got sent out of the country on business, but will be back this weekend and will take the shots then.

Sorry for the delay :(

Okay, let me give a short review of my pants that I received last week. I have to say I'm disappointed.

First off, the fit was nice. I were about a 37, I ordered a 36 and they fit just fine. The pants held tight, they didn't roll up badly when on the mat and they were comfortable. My initial impressions were high, I was impressed.

However, let's get in to the quality of the pants. First the inside. Theres areas with some heavy duty stitching that looks nice, but there's also areas where there's loose hoops of thread that haven't been properly bound.

For the outside, they seem to be holding up worse than cheap basketball shorts I had owned before. The material in one area (top of the right leg, below the band) has started to fray. There's little areas where the material has come up and is fraying. The area has lost its normal slick feel and is very (for a lack of a better word) clothy.

And dear lord, don't let your velcro touch the pants. After leaving a session I tossed the pants in my bag with the rest of my clothes I had worked out in. I went to wash them the next morning and apparently the velcro had come in contact with the pants, and the velcro left a large mark across the pants. Basically it ripped off the top layer of fabric and made it have the same texture as the one above.

I'm really disappointed and kind of sad. I was real excited about these pants. They look awesome, had excellent customer service, but one week and they're already damaged...I don't know. I'll try to get pictures up.

Essentially they're great shorts for rolling and they look awesome. But their durability has already left me rather upset. :icon_cry2

"also areas where there's loose hoops of thread that haven't been properly bound."

Hmmm, would you be able to send me some photos of the loose threads and the other issues (fraying)? I want to send these to my maker. Please email to [email protected].

In regards to the ripping of the fabric by the velcro I'm not sure if there's an answer to that, I havent heard about it before, I think by the woven nature of the fabric (what makes it breathable and clothy as you put it) it is going to stick to velcro more potentially than let's say a tightly knit but not as permeable solid nylon or poly like in other shorts. If it is a repeat problem for people I may need to put out care instructions etc.

Do you have your order number? I will send you another pair. Thanks for posting about the issues with your pair.

I went ahead and emailed you my order # and such and a little more description.

To everyone else, the problem could have been with my one pair of shorts, I'm not sure. I don't want anyone to think that these shorts aren't badass. They feel good, look good, and roll good. I'd recommend them to anyone (minus the durability I guess). My shorts may have just had some issues, so that could be it. I have to say thought Arclight works with customers very well and its refreshing to have someone care that much about the quality of their product and I commend him for that.

Krossinc- i'm in the same boat...i got mine a week ago and i didnt have a stitching issue at all but i did find out that the velcro will mess up the shorts in the wash..i guess you have to keep the flap closed so it doesnt do it anymore but overall the shorts are awesome and i will be ordering more in the near future

Krossinc- i'm in the same boat...i got mine a week ago and i didnt have a stitching issue at all but i did find out that the velcro will mess up the shorts in the wash..i guess you have to keep the flap closed so it doesnt do it anymore but overall the shorts are awesome and i will be ordering more in the near future

Yes, you always have to close the velcro strap on any pair of shorts before you wash them. Even if you have a plasticy type of shorts like Tapout that don't catch on the velcro, the velcro will stick to other clothing you have in the wash and tear them up. So the Truth V3 shouldn't change the fact that you need to close them up anyway.

I went ahead and emailed you my order # and such and a little more description.

To everyone else, the problem could have been with my one pair of shorts, I'm not sure. I don't want anyone to think that these shorts aren't badass. They feel good, look good, and roll good. I'd recommend them to anyone (minus the durability I guess). My shorts may have just had some issues, so that could be it. I have to say thought Arclight works with customers very well and its refreshing to have someone care that much about the quality of their product and I commend him for that.

I have 6 pairs of Truth shorts and havent had a single problem, you just need to remember to close the velcro flap when washing or after use.

Velcro will do it's best to destroy anything, regardless of who makes it.

Hey Paul, I'm emailing you the photos now. Let me know if there is anything else you might need. Thanks!

OMG, I saw some colour experiments of those shorts, and I would love to get these shorts in orange, and even orange and white! As you can tell, I am a huge Sakuraba fan and would like any shorts with orange on them. Plus I am thinking of ordering about five of these shorts in future in a size 30, but there is few of them left in stock. Paul, are oyu going to order some more mate?

I too would really like some orange shorts or the orange as white.

I've got urban camo and OD green coming in sometime this month, and then restock of all the regular colors would hit about 6-8 weeks from now.

I too would really like some orange shorts or the orange as white.

Orange a tad bit brighter than the 'Orange Belt' here at the dog, and with white stitching would be nice.

~Foz

Back