Trying to cut 35 pounds - Day 1 Log

davcho4

White Belt
Reaction score
So i'm 223 pounds really want to get down to 185. Also workout and run about 4-5 days a week.

Day 1 Log:

Breakfast

I say keep doing what your doing, lowering your carb might be an option but brown rice is tasty as fuck and provides energy for your lifting. Maybe when your reach a plateau u can lower the carbs.

thank you sir i'll definitely cut down on carbs when i reach a plateau. i will keep post day 2 logs later tonight!

Alright day 2 has ended. I ate quite a bit today than yesterday :(. Hopefully I can maintain my diet. These urges are slowly kicking in...any suggestions on how to fight em off??

Tuesday Day #2

Breakfast
• Breakfast wrap: 2 scrambled eggs (70 each), 2slices of turkey (60 each) multi grain wrap (100), laughing cow cheese (35), 1 tablespoon of EVOO (120)
o Total = 515
Snack
• ***e Yogurt (120) and Honey (60)
• Plum (30)
o Total = 210
Lunch
• 2 Chicken Break (270each)
• Salad (50) + Corn (80)
• Apple (80)
o Total = 750
Snack
• Handful of Almonds (200)
• Kashi Cereal (300)
o Total = 500
Dinner
• Brown Rice (225)
• Marinated Grilled Shrimp (300)
o Total = 525
Snack
• Cliff Bar Oatmeal (240)
o Total = 240

• Total = 2,740
• Exercise = 45 minutes of swimming

How many calories am I suppose to eat anyways in order to lose weight???

I've personally never counted calories when I tried losing weight (160 now from 210) .. I did watch carbs though but I mainly focused on upping the heck out of my veg/fruits and cutting out the fast food and soda and especially late night binging.

I like your diet plan though. Your first post looks just like my diet except I incorporate green smoothies and fresh fruit/veg juice and don't drink protein shakes.

The urges are hard to deal with. I quit smoking cigarettes (after ~8 years) and started trying to eat correctly at the same time. It's been three months and while I haven't had a smoke, I have had some bad nights of eating.

Being determined to reach your goal should help with the urges. Also, making the food you crave fresh instead of buying the processed stuff. And maybe give yourself a free meal or day each week to have what you want. Little incentive..

GL!

Wednesday 9/28/11
Today is yet another day. Went to school from 8 to 1pm then straight to work at 2:30. No workout for me today so the only exercise I did was walking to school from the train station which is about a mile long. The temptations have stalled a bit and there were no cravings for today. So far looking good again my goal is to drop down to 185! Workout early in the morning tomorrow! WHOOO

Wednesday
Breakfast
• 2 hard boiled eggs (70 each)
• ***e yogurt with honey (120+60)
• large black coffee from DD (15)
o Total = 335
Snack
• Broccoli (35)
• 2 plums (30 each)
o Total = 95
Lunch
• Chicken Wrap (540)
o Total 540
Snack
• Protein Shake (200)
o Total 200
Snack
• Turkey Wrap (350)
o Total 350
Dinner
• Brown Rice (225)
• Chicken breast and chicken broth (300)
o Total 525
Snack
• Almonds (180)
• Honey bunches of oat cereal w/ milk(170)
o Total 350

I've personally never counted calories when I tried losing weight (160 now from 210) .. I did watch carbs though but I mainly focused on upping the heck out of my veg/fruits and cutting out the fast food and soda and especially late night binging.

I like your diet plan though. Your first post looks just like my diet except I incorporate green smoothies and fresh fruit/veg juice and don't drink protein shakes.

The urges are hard to deal with. I quit smoking cigarettes (after ~8 years) and started trying to eat correctly at the same time. It's been three months and while I haven't had a smoke, I have had some bad nights of eating.

Being determined to reach your goal should help with the urges. Also, making the food you crave fresh instead of buying the processed stuff. And maybe give yourself a free meal or day each week to have what you want. Little incentive..

GL!
I feel you man I usually dont keep track of my calories either but since I'm posting on a log mine as well post the calories!

Hey keep up the good work brotha! Although I dont know how hard it is to quit smoking, I'm sure its nothing compared to dieting (or maybe similar depends on your urges haha).

I am trying not to buy processed food but its hard when your on a budget but I do buy organic vegetables and eggs. I would love to buy some organic chicken but again no cash. I'll work with what I have! I also do that free meal one a week and its only the third day :( I am definitely looking forward to the cheat meal.

I feel you man I usually dont keep track of my calories either but since I'm posting on a log mine as well post the calories!

Hey keep up the good work brotha! Although I dont know how hard it is to quit smoking, I'm sure its nothing compared to dieting (or maybe similar depends on your urges haha).

I am trying not to buy processed food but its hard when your on a budget but I do buy organic vegetables and eggs. I would love to buy some organic chicken but again no cash. I'll work with what I have! I also do that free meal one a week and its only the third day :( I am definitely looking forward to the cheat meal.

Thanks man. Yeah, definitely track everything. I feel ya on how expensive eating healthy could be. I try to go for produce that's in season since it's usually cheaper. If you have a big freezer maybe buy bulk from a local butcher. Look around and some may have killer deals.

What are you putting in your chicken/turkey wraps?

Thanks man. Yeah, definitely track everything. I feel ya on how expensive eating healthy could be. I try to go for produce that's in season since it's usually cheaper. If you have a big freezer maybe buy bulk from a local butcher. Look around and some may have killer deals.

What are you putting in your chicken/turkey wraps?

Thats actually a good idea. I will take the local butcher idea into consideration!

I had two wraps yesterday the one in the chicken breast was:
Multi Grain Wrap (100)
swiss chesse (80)
Hummus (60)
Veggie Mix (10-15)

For the turkey:
Multi Grain wrap (100)
Hummus (60)
Veggie Mix (10-15)

Do you have any other recommendations? I wouldn't mind trying something different. I also have alaskan salmon and tuna (both canned) at the crib.

Alright today I felt a bit sluggish in the morning. Was getting my ass kicked during my workout. But other than that same ole same ole...

Would like to mix some thing up. I keep eating brown rice and chicken breast.

If anyone have some healthy meals I can make please feel free to list them out :)

Thursday 9/29/11
Breakfast

This is a good healthy meal I used to have pre-work out.

50g wholegrain brown rice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 onion, 1 yellow pepper. Fry them up then add either tuna, 150g prawns, crabmeat, cod, haddock, with some sugar free chilli sauce to cook the fish n veg with.

Worked a treat. Pre or post workout.

Turkey steaks are also your friend.

I'm low carb so I don't have any rice anymore, I sure do miss that meal

Thats actually a good idea. I will take the local butcher idea into consideration!

I had two wraps yesterday the one in the chicken breast was:
Multi Grain Wrap (100)
swiss chesse (80)
Hummus (60)
Veggie Mix (10-15)

For the turkey:
Multi Grain wrap (100)
Hummus (60)
Veggie Mix (10-15)

Do you have any other recommendations? I wouldn't mind trying something different. I also have alaskan salmon and tuna (both canned) at the crib.

Man those wraps sound good. I'm planning on bringing those into my daily eating. Yeah, some butchers have great deals. One by me offers

5 lbs Choice of Ground Beef or turkey
5 lbs Beef Ribeye Steaks
5 lbs Pork Chops (center cut)
5 lbs Chicken Wings
3 lbs Chicken Breasts(Boneless & Skinless)
2 lbs Bacon

For $75 and you can mix up the meats.

Have you tried staggering carbs? For a month I did 150carb day, 100 carb day, 50 carb day, 50 carb day, and repeated. I lost the most weight that month, but the 50carb days were horrible.

Also, try making stews. Good for leftovers .. Use some lamb/beef mixed with a bunch of veggies, cannellini beans, throw some spinach/chard on the top right before it finishes.

Romaine/spinach and some tuna in a wrap sounds good. I would ditch the PBj's for some almond/sunflower seed butter on toast.

Any progress so far? You can use sweet potatos/beans (legumes) rather than brown rice.

For your breakfast/snack/lunch I would eat more carbs while targeting high protein/less carbs for your dinner and snack afterwards. Having the carbs early should allow you to burn them throughout the day and the protein will work throughout the night.

Man.... I am weakest mentally when it comes to the weekend because thats when I start feasting. Today I tried to eat as healthy as possible but unfortunately I had a little sweet delight, teddy graham crackers, and man were those delicious! I did eat a little bit more than I was suppose to but for the most part it was healthy. I did however have a proud moment today... after workout I was extremely hungry so I checked the freezer to see what there was to eat and I noticed a blue bag...it was popcorn chicken. I took it out put it in the counter and stared at it for a moment. Then BAM it came to me that I should fight it because I will regret the next day.. I am happy to say that I did no eat the popcorn chicken! I probably need to cut down on the carbs. I hope to get stronger mentally as my diet progresses!

If anyone has any suggestions about how to avoid the weekend gorges please let me know! I need some advice.

Friday 9/30/11
Morning

This is a good healthy meal I used to have pre-work out.

50g wholegrain brown rice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 onion, 1 yellow pepper. Fry them up then add either tuna, 150g prawns, crabmeat, cod, haddock, with some sugar free chilli sauce to cook the fish n veg with.

Worked a treat. Pre or post workout.

Turkey steaks are also your friend.

I'm low carb so I don't have any rice anymore, I sure do miss that meal

Damn does that sound fing good! It's funny because I have most of these ingredients that you listed...it must of be because of the health craze but I will definitely give this a try.

You must be craving carbs hahaha. I myself plan on going on one soon. Hope this makes you feel better hahaha

Thanks for the recipe!

Man those wraps sound good. I'm planning on bringing those into my daily eating. Yeah, some butchers have great deals. One by me offers

5 lbs Choice of Ground Beef or turkey
5 lbs Beef Ribeye Steaks
5 lbs Pork Chops (center cut)
5 lbs Chicken Wings
3 lbs Chicken Breasts(Boneless & Skinless)
2 lbs Bacon

For $75 and you can mix up the meats.

Have you tried staggering carbs? For a month I did 150carb day, 100 carb day, 50 carb day, 50 carb day, and repeated. I lost the most weight that month, but the 50carb days were horrible.

Also, try making stews. Good for leftovers .. Use some lamb/beef mixed with a bunch of veggies, cannellini beans, throw some spinach/chard on the top right before it finishes.

Romaine/spinach and some tuna in a wrap sounds good. I would ditch the PBj's for some almond/sunflower seed butter on toast.

Any progress so far? You can use sweet potatos/beans (legumes) rather than brown rice.

For your breakfast/snack/lunch I would eat more carbs while targeting high protein/less carbs for your dinner and snack afterwards. Having the carbs early should allow you to burn them throughout the day and the protein will work throughout the night.

Yeah give those wraps a try, its delicious and has half the amount of carbs compared to whole wheat bread.

Once my chicken breasts run out I will look for a local butcher. Those deals are amazing plus you get it fresh unlike at costco were its frozen.

I like your idea on the carb intervals. I will give this shot! Now do you change the carb intake everyday or is it on a weekly basis? I should take your advice and eat carbs for snacks and protein and vegetables for my main meals.

My progress have been great so far. I lost 3 pounds in 5 days. Day 1 I was 223 and now I am 220.4lbs. I will keep you guys updated!

Look I can make this real simple for you. I just went from 242lbs to 195lbs (47lbs) in what is now 70 days by following these simple guidelines. Of course it takes dedication for two months but its definatly worth it.

1. Wake up 45 minutes earlier, roll out of bed and immediatley run at a minimum 35-50 minutes 4 days a week( I do sunday, monday,wed,fri).

2. After your run immediatley do 3 sets of muscle failure pushups and three sets of crunches/ab excercise.

Simple strict diet that takes no thinking. No snacks.

Breakfast- Performance multi vitamin, cereal w/ skim milk, and a 1/2 cup of non fat yogurt.

Lunch(4-5 hrs later)- Turkey or chicken sandwich on wheat, plain with mustard (no Mayo). Throw a vegitable in there if you want.

Dinner (2hrs before bed)- two eggs any style and two pieces of wheat toast.

If you follow this you'll cut that 35lbs in 30 days. The diet sucks but its easy to prepare and after you lose 10-15 lbs the first week its easy to stick to in my opinion.

Back