Trying to cut 35 pounds - Day 1 Log

Look I can make this real simple for you. I just went from 242lbs to 195lbs (47lbs) in what is now 70 days by following these simple guidelines. Of course it takes dedication for two months but its definatly worth it.

1. Wake up 45 minutes earlier, roll out of bed and immediatley run at a minimum 35-50 minutes 4 days a week( I do sunday, monday,wed,fri).

2. After your run immediatley do 3 sets of muscle failure pushups and three sets of crunches/ab excercise.

Simple strict diet that takes no thinking. No snacks.

Breakfast- Performance multi vitamin, cereal w/ skim milk, and a 1/2 cup of non fat yogurt.

Lunch(4-5 hrs later)- Turkey or chicken sandwich on wheat, plain with mustard (no Mayo). Throw a vegitable in there if you want.

Dinner (2hrs before bed)- two eggs any style and two pieces of wheat toast.

If you follow this you'll cut that 35lbs in 30 days. The diet sucks but its easy to prepare and after you lose 10-15 lbs the first week its easy to stick to in my opinion.

Basically the dolce diet

Man.... I am weakest mentally when it comes to the weekend because thats when I start feasting. Today I tried to eat as healthy as possible but unfortunately I had a little sweet delight, teddy graham crackers, and man were those delicious! I did eat a little bit more than I was suppose to but for the most part it was healthy. I did however have a proud moment today... after workout I was extremely hungry so I checked the freezer to see what there was to eat and I noticed a blue bag...it was popcorn chicken. I took it out put it in the counter and stared at it for a moment. Then BAM it came to me that I should fight it because I will regret the next day.. I am happy to say that I did no eat the popcorn chicken! I probably need to cut down on the carbs. I hope to get stronger mentally as my diet progresses!

If anyone has any suggestions about how to avoid the weekend gorges please let me know! I need some advice.

I wish I knew what to tell you. I'm still trying to figure it out myself lol. Thinking of starting a log. My weekends are horrible.

Look I can make this real simple for you. I just went from 242lbs to 195lbs (47lbs) in what is now 70 days by following these simple guidelines. Of course it takes dedication for two months but its definatly worth it.

1. Wake up 45 minutes earlier, roll out of bed and immediatley run at a minimum 35-50 minutes 4 days a week( I do sunday, monday,wed,fri).

2. After your run immediatley do 3 sets of muscle failure pushups and three sets of crunches/ab excercise.

Simple strict diet that takes no thinking. No snacks.

Breakfast- Performance multi vitamin, cereal w/ skim milk, and a 1/2 cup of non fat yogurt.

Lunch(4-5 hrs later)- Turkey or chicken sandwich on wheat, plain with mustard (no Mayo). Throw a vegitable in there if you want.

Dinner (2hrs before bed)- two eggs any style and two pieces of wheat toast.

If you follow this you'll cut that 35lbs in 30 days. The diet sucks but its easy to prepare and after you lose 10-15 lbs the first week its easy to stick to in my opinion.

Wowww I dont know if I can handle that. I have school early in the morning so I dont think I can do the morning exercise. Why exercise as soon as you wake up? Do you burn more calories or something?

You exercise in the morning and it burns fat instead of carbs I'm guessing, becuz u haven't eaten anything and it gets your metabolism running high.
Not sure if this is true jus makes sense

And for the weekends...
Maybe you should go to the gym, go swimming or do a martial arts class. Might motivate you to eat right that day, I know whenever I work out it motivates me to eat right.
Arnold once said somthing along the lines of : "exercise while eating the wrong food is like plowing a field without the seeds"
Or summin like that, u get the picture

I totally understand! So far my diet is going well. For breakfast I had greek yogurt w/ honey, 2 boiled eggs, and a medium apple. I also had a medium black coffee from McDonalds and its suppresses my stomach. I also had a granola bar (i know its not good for you).

I'll let you guys know how my diet goes. I also plan on having a cheat day possibly today if not tomorrow. I dont plan on feasting though probably one meal from Chilis or something.

Yeah give those wraps a try, its delicious and has half the amount of carbs compared to whole wheat bread.

Once my chicken breasts run out I will look for a local butcher. Those deals are amazing plus you get it fresh unlike at costco were its frozen.

I like your idea on the carb intervals. I will give this shot! Now do you change the carb intake everyday or is it on a weekly basis? I should take your advice and eat carbs for snacks and protein and vegetables for my main meals.

My progress have been great so far. I lost 3 pounds in 5 days. Day 1 I was 223 and now I am 220.4lbs. I will keep you guys updated!

Nice dude! I changed intake daily. Just try to cut your carbs at night. Carbs in the morning and middle of day and you can burn them. Let the protein work for you throughout the night. It's just more comfortable going to sleep with a full feeling which carbs give you.

I'm working with my buddy right now and I've got him down from 345 to 316 in about 3 weeks now. Amazing what a few tweaks to your diet can do.

Nice dude! I changed intake daily. Just try to cut your carbs at night. Carbs in the morning and middle of day and you can burn them. Let the protein work for you throughout the night. It's just more comfortable going to sleep with a full feeling which carbs give you.

I'm working with my buddy right now and I've got him down from 345 to 316 in about 3 weeks now. Amazing what a few tweaks to your diet can do.

Lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks? Are u personal trainer or somthing? And how can u lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks without it being water weight?

Wowww I dont know if I can handle that. I have school early in the morning so I dont think I can do the morning exercise. Why exercise as soon as you wake up? Do you burn more calories or something?

Im not sure if there is any physical benifit exercising in the morning compared to evening. I do it in the morning because that way you cant make any excuses later in the day for example, I'm to tired, or I have to much homework to exercise. What I can say is even though you have school in the morning you can still wake up early and you may prefer it. If you have already ran/exercised 1 1/2 before class you'll walk into that bitch wide awake and may actually allow you to focus more and be more confident. When I was in the army this was their reasoning for doing PT early before work.

Lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks? Are u personal trainer or somthing? And how can u lose 30 pounds in 3 weeks without it being water weight?

Not sure, but he hasn't gained it back. It's actually been around a month so my bad. Not a PT. Just helping a close friend that was losing confidence and needed a kick in the a$$. I had him stop drinking soda and eating fast food/crap food (~85% of his diet) and he started walking a couple of miles each night on his own. Introduced vegetables/fruits as well as brown rice, tilapia, and chicken to his diet and he stuck with it. If I didn't give him binge days he would have lost more by now. I think the results are due to him putting 100% into this. If I was a PT, he would be a perfect client lol.

hey guys sorry about not posting for a couple days now. So my weekend diet did not go too well and im super bummed out about but since its a new day new week I will have a fresh start again. Hope this is not a habit...

Saturday 10/01/11
Breakfast

Sunday 10/2/11
• 2 eggs (70 each)
Snack
• Banana (70)
• Berries (100)
Lunch
• Chicken Salad (300)
Dinner
• Buffet…fucked upppp

Total don't even want to count.

I had no idea it was my uncle's birthday until my mom told me that morning. Out of all places we decided to go eat at buffet. Its unfortunate but no birthday's til next month hahaha...

My starting weight: 223 pounds
Last weighed in at 9/30/11: 220.9 pounds
Today 10/3/11: 223 pounds...

The only reason why I weighed myself today was because of all the food I ate over the weekend.. I will be weighing myself every Friday morning to check my weight. So my next weigh in will be 10/7/11

Dude its bound to happen, check out my log I fell off the wagon for 5 days straight lol. Good luck tho.

Fresh start Monday and had a hell of a day today. I just joined an mma gym and today was my first day of class. I'm already in love with it. I took a striking class and right after some bjj. I looked like a fool with no gi on but got a solid sweat going. I also worked out chest and i feel the PUMP!

Monday 10/3/11
Morning
• 2 eggs (70 each)
o Total 140
Snack
• Banana (80)
o Total 80
Lunch
• Protein Shake (150)
• Salad (100)
• Chicken Salad (200)
o Total 450
Snack
• Celery with Hummus (40+80)
o Total 120
Snack
• Multi Grain Wrap with Turkey (100+140)
o Total 240
Dinner
• Brown Rice (225)
• Vegetables (50)
• Chili (400)
o Total 675
Snack
• Protein Shake (225)
o Total 225

• Total 1,930
• Exercise – BJJ and Boxing Class and Workout

Cheese cake is always good

Yes always delicious!!! My favorite dessert. Not too long ago me and my friend went to our local grocery store and bought a whole pie of cheesecake. We brought him home maxed on it while watching some UFC fights. Had to say I enjoyed that day a lot

Pretty good day but I need to get rid of my bad antics of eating cereal and processed food.

Tuesday 10/4/11
Breakfast
• 2 eggs (70 each)
• Multigrain wrap (100)
• Turkey (150)
• Banana (80)
o Total 470
Snack
• Protein Shake (200)
• Almonds (100)
• Apple (80)
o Total 380
Workout – Back and elliptical
Lunch
• Brown Rice (225)
• Mixed Vegetables (broccoli, onions, carrots, tomatoes, red peppers, squash) (150)
• Chicken (150)
• Trail Mix Bar (140)
o Total 665
Snack
• Honey Bunches of Oats (200)
• Trail Mix Bar (140)
o Total 340
Dinner
• Whole Wheat PB and Banana (450)
o Total 450
Snack
• Almonds (180)
• Protein Shake (250)
o Total 430

• Total 2,735

Just wanted to stop by and say those wraps are bom diggity man! I have them for lunch almost everyday now ha.

Back