Trying to get tickets GTFIH

TankAbbott4Eva

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Currently waiting to get tickets to my Aussie Rules team's final for the weekend, been waiting half an hour, i think I've missed out. It's always a stressful time to get tickets, I remember getting them for UFC 168, flights and accom for Vegas were all booked I just needed tickets. I had kickass seats but got a number wrong on the credit card and fucked up, still got good tickets though. Tell me your trying to get ticket stories!

UPDATE: Just got through, in the nosebleed section of a stadium that holds about 100k but I'm there!

Yeah it sucks trying to get tickets for popular stuff. Getting Glastonbury tickets is a right ball achee. 30 mins of pressing refresh, then the page loads, you enter all your details only for the site to crash on the last page. Sorry we are now sold out. Fuck!

To be fair tho I'm old enough to remember having to buy tickets by phone, where you'd be on hold for hours, or queuing up. That's a lot worse.

I don’t do many live events anymore, i find it better to buy the ppv from home. I just don’t care for,crowds and high noise levels.

On the ticket side I despize scalpers. I know some shows take measures to cut down on it, but it’s hard to get rid of these assholes.

Nine Inch Nails just started a new tour, and in order to lessen the impact of scalpers, they tried an experiment: no online ticket sales for this one. Zero. In order to get a ticket for these shows, which are in smaller venues than usual: you had to go to the venue, wait in line, & buy a physical ticket. It was kinda fun, I showed up hours earlier & camped out, and it felt like a time warp back to the 90s. I’m not one of these ‘screw millenials’ people, I think ageism is stupid; but it was funny watching waves of youngens keep showing up at the box office really close to the listed “9am” start time for ticket sales, only to be shocked by the line of people that already literally went around the building, down the block, & then down several more blocks. It was like ‘yeah... welcome to the shit we had to do for every show back then, pre-interwebz.’

Nine Inch Nails just started a new tour, and in order to lessen the impact of scalpers, they tried an experiment: no online ticket sales for this one. Zero. In order to get a ticket for these shows, which are in smaller venues than usual: you had to go to the venue, wait in line, & buy a physical ticket. It was kinda fun, I showed up hours earlier & camped out, and it felt like a time warp back to the 90s. I’m not one of these ‘screw millenials’ people, I think ageism is stupid; but it was funny watching waves of youngens keep showing up at the box office really close to the listed “9am” start time for ticket sales, only to be shocked by the line of people that already literally went around the building, down the block, & then down several more blocks. It was like ‘yeah... welcome to the shit we had to do for every show back then, pre-interwebz.’

I saw NIN in concert once.

Can't remember if they were the opener, but they played with David Bowie.

It was pretty awesome.

Back