Trying to remember a cuban fighter

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
He was at the lower weights, possibly around featherweight, and was unbeaten and highly touted for a while, moved up in weight and didnt seem to be as effective, but still managed to win world title(s).

Looked like a good boxer/puncher at the lower weight, but had to rely on his movement when he moved up as his power didnt carry.

He was also an older fighter, i think he was around 34 when he moved up in weight, he did win a world title at 2 weights(i think).

Looking at the 2000's, he may have still been around into the 2010's...but as i cant remember his name, i cant check.

HELP!

No, not Cassamayor, his name is on the tip of my toungue.....

Damn

Joan Guzman

Guzman is Dominican.

No, not Cassamayor, his name is on the tip of my toungue.....

Damn

Joan Guzman
Guzman fits your description

Got off a good start at 130 or 126 then had weight problems but then after moving up he started having hand problems

Yeah, as i mentioned, it was Guzman, he looked really really good early on, and looked like a star, but then started to struggle

And also, it appears he as not cuban, but i was close(kind of)

Sort of off topic, but I liked Casamayor a lot. One of the few dirty fighters I ever appreciated.

He was at the lower weights, possibly around featherweight, and was unbeaten and highly touted for a while, moved up in weight and didnt seem to be as effective, but still managed to win world title(s).

Looked like a good boxer/puncher at the lower weight, but had to rely on his movement when he moved up as his power didnt carry.

He was also an older fighter, i think he was around 34 when he moved up in weight, he did win a world title at 2 weights(i think).

Looking at the 2000's, he may have still been around into the 2010's...but as i cant remember his name, i cant check.

HELP!
*insertliterallyanycubanboxername*

^theres your answer !

Joan Guzman ended his career with a record of 34-1-1-1. Not exactly the definition of "struggled" in his career.
And he's Dominican

Joan Guzman ended his career with a record of 34-1-1-1. Not exactly the definition of "struggled" in his career.
And he's Dominican
from what i understand he just got lazy and started eating himself out of a career which is a damn shame he was very talented

The guy you're describing sounds quite a bit like Trey Lippe Morrison

The guy you're describing sounds quite a bit like Trey Lippe Morrison
aww cmon now, son. If he was talking about Trey he would say the name Trey 'the lip' Morrison.
Nobody forgets the name of a 3 time Olympic gold medallist.

Back