Tucking chin as a choke defense?

vZlGL8.gif

I could watch that gif all day.

There are humane options.... And then there's the Baret Yoshida nose-rape method:

vWleqb.gif

LMAO.

I don't get mad over a chin tuck. It is normal.

A lot of people get mad at me though for choking through it anyway. It seems there is a significant population out there that likes to use the chin tuck as a get out of jail free card. I don't care for that, and I get all the dirty looks that come along with it.

I've gotten jaw crushed by a guy with your mind set before. I didn't like it, for obvious reasons. But I couldn't be mad either. I'm the one who gave my back. I'm the one who didn't have a proper defense. It happened once, and only once. Lesson learned.

Personally, I think it's more poor sportsmanship on your partners to be mad at you than it is on you for getting the tap. They should be mad at themselves for not having better defense than just tucking their chins.

Marcelo Garcia has eloquent and humane ways to get defeat the tucking-the-chin and gently choke the life out of people. (sounds funny but true) Usually after a trapping an arm with our hooking leg.

1) Pull back on the forehead, exposing the chin for the other arm to go beneath
2) Make a knife-hand and put thumb under chin. Rotate thumb up, exposing a little space under chin. Put the hand deeper. Repeat a few times until your whole hand is below their chin, then slide across so your forearm is under the chin. Chokey-chokey

I'm a gentle guy myself, so I like using the Marcelo options. I don't like being jaw choked so I prefer not to jaw choke. And if I can't get under the chin, I'll just work the rear triangle and maybe work an armlock from that position. I'm a path of least resistance kind of guy. I like to solve the rubik's cube, not smash it with a hammer.

LMAO.

I've gotten jaw crushed by a guy with your mind set before. I didn't like it, for obvious reasons. But I couldn't be mad either. I'm the one who gave my back. I'm the one who didn't have a proper defense. It happened once, and only once. Lesson learned.

Personally, I think it's more poor sportsmanship on your partners to be mad at you than it is on you for getting the tap. They should be mad at themselves for not having better defense than just tucking their chins.

I'm a gentle guy myself, so I like using the Marcelo options. I don't like being jaw choked so I prefer not to jaw choke. And if I can't get under the chin, I'll just work the rear triangle and maybe work an armlock from that position. I'm a path of least resistance kind of guy. I like to solve the rubik's cube, not smash it with a hammer.

you can also blood choke through the cin/jaw...

Just like the idea of defending a shot, defending a choke should have multiple levels to it.

Hand fighting
Moving your hips/weight around so they can't settle
Manipulating your lapel (gi)
Fishing around with their hooks using your feet to "peel" them off of sorts.
Tucking your chin/moving your head
Whatever else I can't think off of the top of my head.

Beautiful example of choking through the jaw by Shoeface today.

Back