TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 1 Discussion

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
10pm est on fs1.

This season is MW's and LHW's.

Last edited:
I had no idea this was starting tonight. Thanks for the reminder.

nice thanks for the heads up

The filming ended months ago. I saw Frankie thought they were going to fight in April and it was changed after the show was almost done filming.

I wonder if BJ is fat again. I wish they fought around the time that BJ was actually at Nova Uniao.

Hey this is awesome, I had no clue this was starting tonight.

I can't see this doing well at all. BJ, outside of a flash KO of an end of the line Matt Hughes, hasn't won a fight in 4 1/2 years. Yet we're supposed to get excited about seeing him fight again? This reeks of the UFC building up yet another Tito Ortiz-Ken Shamrock fight, when everybody knew that Ken was washed up and was just going to get beat up.

That being said, there are a plethora of mindless BJ Penn nuthuggers/apologists, so who the hell knows.

What weight class(es) are on this show?

I'm not that stoked to see Edgar/Penn again, but I am glad to see Frankie getting the extra exposure.

I can't see this doing well at all. BJ, outside of a flash KO of an end of the line Matt Hughes, hasn't won a fight in 4 1/2 years. Yet we're supposed to get excited about seeing him fight again? This reeks of the UFC building up yet another Tito Ortiz-Ken Shamrock fight, when everybody knew that Ken was washed up and was just going to get beat up.

That being said, there are a plethora of mindless BJ Penn nuthuggers/apologists, so who the hell knows.

I don't know whether the potential competitiveness of the coaches' fight is what determines ratings for TUF, though. The Jones/Sonnen TUF saw a nice bounce back in the ratings from prior years, and everyone knew how that fight was going to go.

If Penn still wants to fight, let him fight.

He also hasn't fought at a weight class that will show his current peak of abilities in four and a half years, so let him be.

so do the coaches even train seriously during filming, its not like they wouldnt have time to set up a full camp after they stop shooting

For the most part, I don't think so. For the Live season, they made special mention that they'd be training with their teams because the fight was supposed to be right after the season ended, and it was a longer filming schedule. And I know that GSP said he brought Jackson with him so he could focus more on training. For the most part, though, I think they focus more on coaching (at least the good ones) for those several weeks. I mean, I'm sure they're still working out and whatnot, but I don't think they're doing anything like a "fight camp."

Edit: Ignore this and read SC1221's post.

Last edited:
so do the coaches even train seriously during filming, its not like they wouldnt have time to set up a full camp after they stop shooting

I know Edgar did. He trained multiple times a day after taping and flew out his entire team including his main sparring partners for both the show and to keep training like normal. Edgar trains basically all year like a camp, the only difference is that when a fight is approaching he switches up his diet and may do more gauntlet style sparring.

I know Edgar did. He trained multiple times a day after taping and flew out his entire team including his main sparring partners for both the show and to keep training like normal. Edgar trains basically all year like a camp, the only difference is that when a fight is approaching he switches up his diet and may do more gauntlet style sparring.

I stand corrected. :redface:

Am I able to watch this on fight pass or only fs1?

The filming ended months ago. I saw Frankie thought they were going to fight in April and it was changed after the show was almost done filming.

I wonder if BJ is fat again. I wish they fought around the time that BJ was actually at Nova Uniao.

I read that filming ended November or December of 2013. Really oddly timed on UFC's part.

I hope frankie gets Injured so bj can fight someone else.

Looking forward to this season, the American version of TUF usually delivers at least a few really solid prospects outside a few seasons.

The first couple episodes are always the best too with the fights to get into the house.

Just read the list of fighters. Some known ones are on this season. Should be competitive

Back