TUF 19 Edgar VS Penn Episode 1 Discussion

A few thoughts: If the guy who beat lyman good gets cut from UFC/TUF and ends up in bellator i will laugh my ass off.

The polar bear's father is paul varlens.

they already tried to get McGregors other teammate, Patrick Holohan into TUF 18, but he got wrestle fucked out in the elimination round by Josh Hill, and we all know how much DW loved Hill's style

They upped the ante by having two guys from SBG Ireland on this season, and since they were worried one or both wouldn't make it they told Cathal his opponent dropped out

I'd like to hear personally who the person that was supposed to fight him was...would be good if that fighter came forward,

I thought it was that Caribbean dude that was supposed to clean up.

Went to watch it on Fight pass which I'm subscribed to and it's prompting me to pay? Seriously you have to pay for it even when you have the monthly subscription..?

Dana must have just liked him because he wanted him as an alternate for TUF 19. So maybe he said hey we got a spot at TUF Nations if you want to try that instead.

Good, because Nordine was robbed.

Could they really not find a single fighter to fight Cathal?? Feel like he got a bye from being Conors friend but whatever. Just seemed odd to me that no one would want to fight him. Dont they have plenty of backups ready in these situations??

According to posts I've read on a few Irish sites, they guy who he was supposed to fight slipped in the bath while cutting weight, his replacement couldn't make weight and then his replacement was injured.

Hopefully he'll get his chance to show what he can do this week and then people might actual get his name right. :icon_chee

How to pronounce Cathal

Great first episode.
Good editing too. They put the best finishes first to make an impression.
That comeback victory via armbar was awesome!

Very late to the party, but here are my thoughts!

- Cathal Pendred not having an opponent - it did cross my mind that this might be a fix to ensure he gets into the house....however, think about this. If his original opponent missed weight massively, so got told to fuck off, they would've had to find - on what, 20hours notice? - a guy who is A) 186lbs, B) Has a winning professional record, C) Is fully fit and D) Is willing to quit his day-job on 1 days notice, due to potentially being in the TUF house for 6 weeks. Good luck with that!

Dan Spohn's KO - Brutal, nowhere near as bad as Hall's. King's mother being present was horrible though.

Doug Sparks - never seen someone trying so hard to be quirky in my life, so pleased he didn't make the cut.

John Poppie - OH MY FUCKING GOD. How the hell did this dude make the initial cast?! Dude was half-asleep during his interview and what happens if he makes the house, then has a bipolar episode and can't get out of bed for 3 days, or does something insane like attacks someone?!

Jake Heun - most unlucky dude in TUF history.

In general, really enjoyed it, will keep watching!

I've got Fight Pass but I still have to pay to watch the episode. What's that all about?

I understand that it's supposed to be on there 1 month after it's aired on TV, but it's still pretty nonsensical.

Jake Heun[/B] - most unlucky dude in TUF history.

Dude is a good athlete and played college ball.
He fought and beat a friend of mine a year ago and he's powerful.
I feel he gets to careless or can't think when he gets sort of fatigued.

so FOX Sports 1 is showing the premiere again and...
dammit Jake lol​

Back