TUF 20: Episode 12 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

really good fights btw, very entertaining. props to all 4 girls. feel bad for penne, she needs to train with a striking coach who really works with her, she seemed clueless, but she's got heart. hope she beats randa.

Thank you for the link, Sentomaru.

First, Karyn has really developed into an Ariel-esque shit-stirrer, hasn`t she? Some of those questions/comments were...unnecessary.

Second, Bec seems genuinely upset about how she was portrayed on the show.

Third, Randa came off pretty bad. She seems to have a problem with a lot of her peers.

Fourth, What`s up with no one giving Carla a chance? There was no hesitation in their responses. Only Randa, who hates both of them apparently, was like "It could go either way" (translation: I hope they both lose...I know it`s not possible...but I hope they both lose).

Jarl

I'm with Dana and the judges on this one. Penne landed some nice shots and messed up Carla's eye, but for the most part, I thought Carla put on a show and beat the hell out of Penne. Penne was too stiff. Wasn't really a close fight at all.

As I was typing my response, I realized you said you had Penne winning the fight. Holy hell, that is insane. That was a pretty one-sided butt kicking.
this
I seriously think you thinking Penne won that fight is so ridiculous, that there should be some kind of karmic punishment never allowing you to give your opinion on who won a fight ever again.

and this, lol

Thank you for the link, Sentomaru.

First, Karyn has really developed into an Ariel-esque shit-stirrer, hasn`t she? Some of those questions/comments were...unnecessary.

Second, Bec seems genuinely upset about how she was portrayed on the show.

Third, Randa came off pretty bad. She seems to have a problem with a lot of her peers.

Fourth, What`s up with no one giving Carla a chance? There was no hesitation in their responses. Only Randa, who hates both of them apparently, was like "It could go either way" (translation: I hope they both lose...I know it`s not possible...but I hope they both lose).

Jarl

Meh she asked what had to be asked.

Well she and Rose shouldn't have acted as Magana henchmen, I like both girls before the show and even though I still enjoy watching Rose fight, I'm not much of a fan of her as I was rigth now.

Randa problem was she was bullied buy Felice and Carla so she didnt like those others girls because she saw them bullying Heather and Tecia, she kinda overeacted since it wasn't related to that but I can see her point of view.

I think Rose has better BJJ and striking than Carla so unless Carla grinds her I doubt she wins, so I hae to agree with the rest of the girls.

wow this episode had 2 amazing fights

great season!

Great season, and I'm happy 2 of my 3 favourite Strawweights will fight for the belt :cool: This time a year ago, when this new division and TUF season was announced, they were both being underestimated by a lot of Sherdoggers. Not this one! :) I'm a bit annoyed a know-it-all dick on Twitter basically spoiled the finalists before the season even aired, but oh well.

Rose v Carla is a great matchup for the belt; I see it as pretty much a 50/50 fight but lean slightly towards Rose due to her being so dangerous on the ground every second she is there.

Whatever went on in the house (we've had conflicting accounts, to say the least), I think Markos yet again embarrassed herself on TUF Talk. I'm not a fan of Rawlings, but I thought she acted pretty professionally on there. Rose showed her class by not rising to Markos' BS.

Penne lost and now I don't care who wins.

Don't much care for Carla and mostly indifferent towards Rose. Also, Rose has always seemed a little overhyped, and it's gotten worse because of the show, but.. if she finishes Carla maybe it's not all hype. Eh.

Man i like Randas crazy ass. I think in her head its like "if your not part of the solution your part of the problem. I honestly think in a street fight Randa would go ape shit on these girls. When u watch during the season when the girls were messing with her, you could almost see Randa just fuming tryin to suppress the crazy killer in herself. Ill take her on my team anyday. Ohh yeah and rose is a badass in the cage. The only way carla beats her if she makes it the most boring lay and pray ever and literally just buries her face in rose chest for the whole fight.

Yeah, I've been going for Randa. She's a bit nuts, but fierce.

Rose has always seemed a little overhyped, and it's gotten worse because of the show, but.. if she finishes Carla maybe it's not all hype. Eh.

She just finished 3 of the best in her division in a row, but unless she finishes a champion in a championship fight, her hype was all bull? I don

Hahah rose is hitting girls with white belt moves and tapping girls left and right, this just shows how low level these girls really are, I think it's funny that Dana was trying to sell the idea "these girls would beat most guy's up"

There's this misguidance that the 16 fighters of this TUF are overall the top 16 SWs in the world.
Alex Chambers wasn't even ranked in the AW division, as Randa isn't a ranked SW.

Btw Rose should be a top 5 SW in the world right now, no doubts.

Well Randa beat Tecia, who beat Rose and Felice and was ranked pretty high.

I still think Jojo made bad strategic mistakes against Jojo and can win vs Rose in a rematch.

But give credit where credits due. Rose beat 2 good ranked opponents (Randa should've be above top 10 after beating Felice and Tecia) and finished them all.

Yea can't anything away from Roses achievements on the show. She looked phenomenal.

I think even though Randa went about things the wrong way on TUF Talk she is probably very justified in feeling the way she does. I got the impression that A LOT of bad, mean shit was going on in that house.

Rose is a god damn beast. I'm expecting her to finish Carla.

Hahah rose is hitting girls with white belt moves and tapping girls left and right, this just shows how low level these girls really are, I think it's funny that Dana was trying to sell the idea "these girls would beat most guy's up"

Not a WMMA hater and maybe Rose really is 'just that good', but after the way some people shitted on the WBW division for being dominated by Ronda and talked up the SWs for being 'so much more well rounded' I'm kind of tempted to say, 'but dat sub defense lol'.

Last edited:
Not a WMMA hater and maybe Rose really is 'just that good', but after the way some people shitted on the WBW division for being dominated by Ronda and talked up the SWs for being 'so much more well rounded' I'm kind of tempted to say, 'dat sub defense lol'.

SW still better than BW.

SW still better than BW.

Nah and Rose isn't even a huge and strong for the division, raised to be a champion beast which is the easy excuse for Ronda opponents and this happens. If she easily finishes Carla as many expect while still being 2-1 officially it isn't going to look good.

Nah and Rose isn't even a huge and strong for the division, raised to be a champion beast which is the easy excuse for Ronda opponents and this happens. If she easily finishes Carla as many expect while still being 2-1 officially it isn't going to look good.

Or maybe Rose is that good?

How do you know Rose isn't strong for her division? Why does it matter being trained to be a beast since young age? Jon Jones was a good wrestler sure but I don't think anyone saw that he was going to be such a dominant champion.

Or maybe Rose is that good?

Maybe she is, but since people shitted on BW for being 'weak' when there were more solid excuses for Ronda's dominance than Rose's the WBW white knight in me is smiling a bit.

Back