TUF 20: Episode 4 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

Anyone else get the sense that Tecia didnt have much affinity for her TUF team lol. Every time we've seen her onscreen since she got eliminated, she has the look of someone by whom zero fucks were given.

its the same for every fighter,if you can perform in the TUF house with a team of strangers,you'll be better for the experience when you have your own team around you,the problem with Tecia was,she believed her own hype,i don't care much for Esparza,but she couldnt be more right claiming Torres is the most overrated fighter in the house.

Wow Carla is 26 and Angela is 29. Just from looks I would think the ages are reversed.

Also lol'd at Angela smelling like cocoa butter. I know a few black girls and they also smell like cocoa butter. I guess cocoa butter lotion is popular with the sistas.

True, but many tournaments allow for some sort of wildcard procedure. She is the most deserving of the eliminated people to come back so far.

If there was a 17th person as backup it would be perfectly fine. And of course she is the most deserving from rank etc... but it's still very unfair and the other fighters who lost would be thinking how come she get a second chance and we don't when we lost to number 1 and 2 ranked fighter she lost to rank 14 etc. Also the other fighters may think it's unfair when they lose they don't get another chance as well. But it is what it is.

Considering he asked "are you ready to come back," no.

Not to mention in the initial preview when he says "take your shirt off, you're going to team Pettis," this next episode is where this probably takes place (since Kish is on Team Pettis, and everyone who lost is on Team Melendez).

If there was a 17th person as backup it would be perfectly fine. And of course she is the most deserving from rank etc... but it's still very unfair and the other fighters who lost would be thinking how come she get a second chance and we don't when we lost to number 1 and 2 ranked fighter she lost to rank 14 etc. Also the other fighters may think it's unfair when they lose they don't get another chance as well. But it is what it is.

I thought one or two fighters were chosen as alternates (#17 and #18)....or did I dream that?

Jarl

I thought one or two fighters were chosen as alternates (#17 and #18)....or did I dream that?
l

You are right. There were two (unidentified) alternates. I would've expected they'd have used one of them for a preliminary bout drop out. But I guess the alternates were only for those who dropped out before shooting of the season started.

I think the UFC would justify it by pointing out that Tecia was the one of the four who looked the best in defeat. Kagan might dispute that but Tecias name value > Kagan.

The footage we saw previously made it look like Hill did a lot better than she actually did. The gulf in experience was clear for all to see. Really happy for The Cookie Monster! :cool:

Magana is coming across horribly; far worse than Clark, Herrig or anyone else. In fact, so far I like both Clark and Herrig. Clark's a bit neurotic; Herrig likes attention - so what? Looking forward to their fight next week.

I've been an Esparza fan for a while now and have always felt she carries herself really well on social media and in interviews, but this has now become a crush :p :redface: I've forgotten all about Markos and anyone else in that sense. But don't mistake this for any disloyalty to Thug Rose: I'm still firmly on her war wagon. If there's one of Rose, JoJo and Carla in the final, I know who I'll be rooting for. If there's two, I can't lose.....but will be sad for the loser :icon_sad:

What makes people think Kish would be the one to pull out? Didn't Heather injure her knee?

What makes people think Kish would be the one to pull out? Didn't Heather injure her knee?

There are no footage glimpses of the Rawlings-Kish fight.
There are footage glimpses of the Herrig-Clark fight

(almost) Nice episode, finally.
I'm surprised but i have to admit that i really enjoyed the moments with Herrig and Esparza.

Have Ais or Astro Girl said more than two words per episode since the premiere?

TUF 20 episode 4: 577,000 viewers and a .28

yes, that is the highest number of viewers this season

this was expected after Jessica showed nice grappling and finished the fight
i expect another rise next week
hopefully the intensity continues to ratchet up each episode; for although the fights may be short, people will return to see finishes

well, thats my forecast; ill either be very right or very wrong, well see​

Last edited:
Have Ais or Astro Girl said more than two words per episode since the premiere?

LOL

It's the Angela H., Angela M., Bec, Rose, Felice, Heather show mostly.

The rest hardly get some air time except from some fun tidbits, even Carla which was the 115 champ. Not much of Randa, Ais, Alex, Jojo, Tecia, Justine, you forget they were on the show !

Torres comes back and either loses to Rawlings or Esparza if Torres advances. She loses for the 2nd time and that's why Esparza calls Torres overrated.

I think its going to be Esparza vs Randa in the finals.

They need to show more of Alex, Jo Jo and Randa and less of the Angelas, Felice and Heather.

TUF 20 episode 4: 577,000 viewers and a .28

yes, that is the highest number of viewers this season

this was expected after Jessica showed nice grappling and finished the fight
i expect another rise next week
hopefully the intensity continues to ratchet up each episode; for although the fights may be short, people will return to see finishes

well, thats my forecast; ill either be very right or very wrong, well see​

Really good, at least there is a stable number of vieweres around the 500-550.

I'm disappointed Hill didn't make it through but it was expected.

It would be something after all the shit Heather Clark has been through that she gets the first win for Team Melendez.

I actually think so too I think it would make a lot more sense to just let that person goto the next round thats how tourney suppose to be. further more it's a tourney for the belt so very important one its quite unfair to let one person 2 chances definitely soils the legitimacy imo.
Good point, and that is tournament rules normally so hopefully the ufc enforced that

Back