TUF 20: Episode 8 Tonight at 10pm ET/7pm PT on FOX Sports 1 DISCUSSION

vlcsnap-2014-11-13-04h12m15s112.png

Angela Magana tweeted this right after this episode:

"Lol wasn talkn n regards 2 tecia bein n The room it was hateher when I said the decision will be made. Cant game plan w a rat in the room"

My English teacher just hung herself.

Rooting Tecia, Randa and Joanne. Angela, Bec and co act like 15 year olds.

Angela Magana tweeted this right after this episode:

"Lol wasn talkn n regards 2 tecia bein n The room it was hateher when I said the decision will be made. Cant game plan w a rat in the room"

I literally tweeted saying I wished these chicks could be like Roxanne Modaferri and play nice

didn't tag magana or bec only Roxanne and somehow Magana responded saying if she played nice she'd "be on the chumpette couch" with me

chick is literally searching for people "talking shit" and whipping out nifty chumpette lines, calling herself top 5 material and "best in the world"

chick couldn't even beat Stephanie Eggink...and its a miracle she was even on the show

i know right, kesa gatame is a great position, ronda won her last fight there. it shows her lack of grappling skill that she wanted out of it. even if she didnt want it for whatever reason, idk why she rolled towards the legs, its easier to switch to side control by leaning onto their head/shoulders to pin them down and face them. then flip your legs under you, its a pretty safe transition, idk why she fully turned her back

just look, all she had do was turn her torso more chest to chest and pull her right leg back behind her left and shes safely in side control

MbwxZNM.jpg

To add to the grappling analysis, even the kesa itself is subpar:

1. Her feet are far too close together.
2. Her head is way too high. A common escape is to create space with your arm and then bring the leg over to reverse the position.
3. She isn't driving into her opponent which is what helps keeps her opponent down (as well as make them feel shit).
4. She isn't securing Tecia's arm. I get that MMA fighters would want to punch but watch what Ronda does in the Liz fight - before she punches Liz, she makes sure she gets Liz's arm out of the way first.
5. Her arm under TT's head isn't pulling upwards. It should be so that TT's posture breaks even further.
6. If she didn't like kesa, she should have transitioned to kuzure kesa imo since it will have helped in flattening TT out (which his what she wants to keep TT helpless). Kuzure kesa is effective in no gi (and gi) and is commonly found in BJJ.
7. Or, like lowsingle said, she could have just transitioned to the other side and took TT's back.

Gah. I saw Alex competing last year in the Summer cup (I think it was the summer cup) and she was so much better technically. She is also a better rep of Australia all things taken into consideration.

P.S. I hope mods don't take this as fighter bashing as its actual anlaysis. I'm not saying that Bec isn't a tough fighter but I just don't think this is what #7 (?) in the world should look like.

I literally tweeted saying I wished these chicks could be like Roxanne Modaferri and play nice

didn't tag magana or bec only Roxanne and somehow Magana responded saying if she played nice she'd "be on the chumpette couch" with me

chick is literally searching for people "talking shit" and whipping out nifty chumpette lines, calling herself top 5 material and "best in the world"

chick couldn't even beat Stephanie Eggink...and its a miracle she was even on the show

Maybe she knows she's not that good of a fighter and is using the Mayweather strategy of getting people to hate her so they'll watch her in hopes of her getting beat down.

I think this season's bitch/emotional factor is up so high because:
Female fighters have a chip on their shoulder.
To get some personality and get heel heat so that ppl still wanna watch them after TUF.
Its for the belt.

You've got to say a person with the skills/ lost in 1st round like Magana in any other season would be forgotten.
Now people wanna see her get her ass kicked in the UFC again.

Where is the analysis and pics of the pool party? C'mon guys! That was a better part of the story than who gets to bunk with who.

Angela is just having a twitter meltdown, nothing more.

When JoJo told the other team it wasn't nice to boo, I couldn't help but think "Is JoJo gonna have to smack a b****?"

Just because someone is annoying doesn't mean you have free reign to pick on them as much as you want. It's petty.

I dislike the Skrappettes now, except for Rose.

When they showed the preview for the coaches challenge the first thing I thought was "They're trying really hard not to accidentally injure Pettis"

invicta fans attacked me when i said it at the beginning of the season, but my theory still stands

nobody has gone in completely focused on grappling and lost. and today the few times someone really went all out for a takedown, it went great.

they dont have the power to 1 shot the other person coming in. a female fitch, shields or brock would be unbeatable here

This is so true. It is like in the early days of the UFC. The grapplers rule. None of these girls have the power to knock each other out or even really turn the tide of a fight with their striking.

Once Tecia gets better with her takedowns she could be pretty dynamic. Her shot and ability to close the distance is really good, she just needs to learn how to finish those takedowns.

I think the main reason Bec turned towards the legs was she just didn't really have very good control of Tecia who was in the process of squirting out the back door and possibly taking Bec's back. Many people that train BJJ are not very good at any of those headlock type holds/pins. So to think that these girls know how when most have showed pretty sloppy grappling skills is asking a bit much.

It will be pretty interesting to see how Tecia/Carla turns out. Can Tecia stick and move for 2 rounds and not get taken down? If she does get taken down will she turn and give Carla her back?(this is probably most likely.)
I hope Tecia wins but it will be tough for her. The only thing that has me hoping is that Carla seems worried about having to face Tecia, with her comments about Tecia should not have been let back into the tourny.

P.S. I hope mods don't take this as fighter bashing as its actual anlaysis. I'm not saying that Bec isn't a tough fighter but I just don't think this is what #7 (?) in the world should look like.

your whole post was spot on...I honestly can't see why telling the truth can be viewed as fighter bashing

This is so true. It is like in the early days of the UFC. The grapplers rule. None of these girls have the power to knock each other out or even really turn the tide of a fight with their striking.

Once Tecia gets better with her takedowns she could be pretty dynamic. Her shot and ability to close the distance is really good, she just needs to learn how to finish those takedowns.

I think the main reason Bec turned towards the legs was she just didn't really have very good control of Tecia who was in the process of squirting out the back door and possibly taking Bec's back. Many people that train BJJ are not very good at any of those headlock type holds/pins. So to think that these girls know how when most have showed pretty sloppy grappling skills is asking a bit much.

It will be pretty interesting to see how Tecia/Carla turns out. Can Tecia stick and move for 2 rounds and not get taken down? If she does get taken down will she turn and give Carla her back?(this is probably most likely.)
I hope Tecia wins but it will be tough for her. The only thing that has me hoping is that Carla seems worried about having to face Tecia, with her comments about Tecia should not have been let back into the tourny.

oh-no-dont-do-that.gif

TUF 20 episode 8: 578,000 viewers and a .28
highest live viewership number of the season​

Fuck, they need to stop showing the cannettes. I skipped through most of the episode over their bullshit.

I don't know why they did a slow-mo on angela hill in the pool that made me gag. I'm sure there were a few bubbles that surfaced shortly after.

I don't like Rose like everyone here does. I really hope Jo Jo beats her. I hope that huge shiner Rose was sporting in those bad edits are the result of Jo Jo KTFO her.

While I was on Youtube searching for Randa whom I now have a crush on, I saw her fight with Kish. And holy crap, Kish reminds me of Cyborg with her aggression and powerful striking. She made Randa look like an amateur. I think she would of won the tournament if she didn't get injured.

[YT]2ZK_OpnaS2o[/YT]

Back