TUF 20: Guide to the Strawweight Division

Okay, it's good that they faked a black eye to make it look like they throw down hard.

But it looks like a fucking tumor.
Exactly they could have simply colored it in to make it look bruised. They didn't need to go overboard like they did.

team photos, posted by Arkain2K in the fantasy thread. thanks Arkain2K! :cool:

BxS8lfFIEAAPaOl.jpg:large

TEAM PETTIS (Left to Right): Justine Kish, Jessica Penne, Alex Chambers, Felice Herrig, Coach Anthony Pettis, Carla Esparza, Aisling Daly, Joanne Calderwood, Randa Markos

BxUeJEdIcAA5J6E.jpg:large

TEAM MELENDEZ (Left to Right): Bec Rawlings, Rose Namajunas, Tecia Torres, Angela Hill, Coach Gilbert Melendez, Heather Jo Clark, Lisa Ellis, Angela Magana, Emily Kagan

It's weird seeing Carla not in a singlet.

Hmmm...

"I definitely think it’s Rose Namajunas," Rousey told MMAFighting.com during a media scrum in Rio de Janeiro.

"I called it from the very beginning. As soon as I saw her, I saw this girl is special," she continued. "I’ve been following her for two years. I only finally got to meet her. I’ve been stalking her on Instagram for year. It was so great to be able to meet her, and I wish her all the luck. I can’t wait to see how she does in the season."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/17/6282267/whos-the-next-ronda-rousey-tuf-20-rousey-weighs-in

Not sure exactly when this media scrum was, but if post-filming that first statement has the tone of someone who knows they were right, not what they think might happen, despite the attempt otherwise to act like she doesnt already know.

This has me worried for Jojo... though we still dont know who gets switched as it wasnt Clarke or Herrig originally being on the same team as many guessed....

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/17/6282267/whos-the-next-ronda-rousey-tuf-20-rousey-weighs-in

that first statement has the tone of someone who knows they were right, not what they think might happen, despite the attempt otherwise to act like she doesnt already know.

When Ronda says that she picked Rose as the favorite from the beginning, she isn't making that up. I remember her doing that well before the strawweights went to the house to begin the competition. She is just being consistent in still favoring Rose.

When Ronda says that she picked Rose as the favorite from the beginning, she isn't making that up. I remember her doing that well before the strawweights went to the house to begin the competition. She is just being consistent in still favoring Rose.

Yeah but I feel like if it's still not for sure one would saying "I've been calling it..." or "I've been saying...". The use of called, past tense, suggests a certain knowledge of the results

This has me worried for Jojo... though we still dont know who gets switched as it wasnt Clarke or Herrig originally being on the same team as many guessed....

At this point since its a seeded tournament, it doesn't matter who gets switched really. The brackets will stay the same and teammates will fight each other eventually. If they both win their first fights, I think that Jojo/Rose fight is happening regardless, barring something crazy.

After coaching TUF herself, I just don't think Ronda would let something slip and think its more of being consistent as mentioned. That and we all know how ridiculously unpredictable TUF can be.

#badmofojojo

At this point since its a seeded tournament, it doesn't matter who gets switched really. The brackets will stay the same and teammates will fight each other eventually. If they both win their first fights, I think that Jojo/Rose fight is happening regardless, barring something crazy.

After coaching TUF herself, I just don't think Ronda would let something slip and think its more of being consistent as mentioned. That and we all know how ridiculously unpredictable TUF can be.

#badmofojojo

Except depending on who drops out/get switched, they could end up on the other side of the bracket, which means they wont face anyone from their original side until the finale

Ronda dosent know the results. The only people that know are the cast/producers/Dana/maybye family members.

TUF is comparmentalized. I'd be surprised if even Fox knows the results. All it takes is one leak to F over everything.

Except depending on who drops out/get switched, they could end up on the other side of the bracket, which means they wont face anyone from their original side until the finale

Hence my barring something crazy :icon_chee. I'm speaking more on switching teams.

Ronda dosent know the results. The only people that know are the cast/producers/Dana/maybye family members.

TUF is comparmentalized. I'd be surprised if even Fox knows the results. All it takes is one leak to F over everything.

That's a bit much, for TUF 18 one of the guys on here who was just from the same gym as Rakoczy knew the result before the show ever started. Ronda is training with Gil and some of them (as seen in the video going around recently) so the idea that she could know isnt that far fetched

Last edited:
Can we keep the conspiracy theoris to ourselves till the fights happen? :Icon_lol:

Thanks.

I wonder if Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta ever had this much fun with the contestants of the other seasons of The Ultimate Fighter? Dana looks like he's in heaven!

Bx-19bmIAAAlI8j.jpg

I wonder if Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta ever had this much fun with the contestants of the other seasons of The Ultimate Fighter? Dana looks like he's in heaven!

Bx-19bmIAAAlI8j.jpg

This is kinda weird.

Felice Herrig talks TUF 20, limelight, WMMA growth, Tecia Torres upset & more

[YT]v9w4Dpx-0m4[/YT]

Back