TUF 20: Guide to the Strawweight Division

Entire Ultimate Fighter cast minus one will fight on finale
Damon Martin
FOX Sports
OCT 27, 2014 1:00p ET

070414-UFC-TUF-20-TV-Pi.vadapt.955.medium.0.jpg

All of the women from TUF minus Justine Kish will compete at the finale

The latest season of The Ultimate Fighter is currently in full swing with the sixth preliminary fight between Aisling Daly and Angela Magana airing this week, but it appears there's good news for all of the women who participated on the show in regards to the upcoming finale in December.

UFC officials have confirmed to FOX Sports that 15 of the 16 fighters from this season of The Ultimate Fighter will compete at the upcoming finale on December 12 in Las Vegas.

The one fighter not on the card will be Justine Kish, who is still recovering from knee surgery to repair an ACL tear that was revealed on episode five of the series this year.

None of the matchups for the show will be announced until a later date of course because the tournament is still unfolding with preliminary round fights taking place for two more weeks before the quarterfinals begin.

The two finalists from the show will compete in the main event for The Ultimate Fighter finale on December 12 with the winner being crowned as the first ever UFC women's strawweight champion.

The other 13 fighters will get matched up on the card with one additional competitor yet to be named added to round out the seven fights for the finale.

It was likely from the start of this season of The Ultimate Fighter that all 16 contestants chosen would get another shot in the UFC because this is an entirely new weight class being created for the promotion. The UFC has signed a few more fighters at 115-pounds, but once the reality show finishes, the division can begin to flourish with a champion and a slew of contenders already signed.

Three other fights have been announced for the card including Daron Cruickshank vs. K.J. Noons, Jeremy Stephens vs. Charles Oliveira and Joe Procter vs. Yancy Medeiros. With the seven additional fights and the title bout it would currently place the card at 11 bouts for the evening.

The Ultimate Fighter finale takes place on Friday, December 12 from the Pearl at the Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada.

http://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-...er-cast-minus-one-will-fight-on-finale-102714

...updated thread with new SW fights outside the TUF 20 show and TUF 20 results.

also...:cool:

[YT]ESe-vMxuj-E[/YT]

...updated thread with new SW fights outside the TUF 20 show and TUF 20 results.

also...:cool:

[YT]ESe-vMxuj-E[/YT]

Jojo posted this quite intruiging thing in Instagram:

Some people may fool you for the moment, but be patient and see what happens. A person true colors will always show in time.... @theultimatefighter

10787962_345548475617682_1026512709_n.jpg

Jojo posted this quite intruiging thing in Instagram:

Some people may fool you for the moment, but be patient and see what happens. A person true colors will always show in time.... @theultimatefighter

10787962_345548475617682_1026512709_n.jpg

thanks for posting! :)

there was something she said on facebook, too, about seeing tonight what she had to put up with in the house.

edit from jo jo's facebook: "Make sure you guys tune in to The Ultimate Fighter tonight finally you guys will see a glimpse of what I had to live with"

Last edited:
Lessons in Love, starring the cast of The Ultimate Fighter 20:

[YT]LhIkGHBU2no[/YT]

Looking at the bracket like this definitely shows something a little clearer for me (maybe I'm just dumb). As more of a striking fan I was holding out hope for the belt going in this direction (but I think this seems a little less likely with this layout).

Markos is already through to the next round

Lets just assume Carla is through as well

Penne is 50/50 (but even if Aisling gets it her grappling is her strength anyhow)

This just leaves a single spot for either of the two real strikers left in the house, which means that the lone striker will have to take down two grapplers en route to the belt.

We've all seen how gun-shy JoJo is against grapplers (although Rose did pretty good)

If anyone knows any voodoo I can use to swing things in favour of the good guys I'm all ears.

Looking at the bracket like this definitely shows something a little clearer for me (maybe I'm just dumb). As more of a striking fan I was holding out hope for the belt going in this direction (but I think this seems a little less likely with this layout).

Markos is already through to the next round

Lets just assume Carla is through as well

Penne is 50/50 (but even if Aisling gets it her grappling is her strength anyhow)

This just leaves a single spot for either of the two real strikers left in the house, which means that the lone striker will have to take down two grapplers en route to the belt.

We've all seen how gun-shy JoJo is against grapplers (although Rose did pretty good)

If anyone knows any voodoo I can use to swing things in favour of the good guys I'm all ears.
Tecia can beat Carla and she is a striker. There you would have a 50/50 chance of a striker getting the belt and the same chance of having a final with two strikers.

TUF 20 ladies choose who they'd want to team up with for a zombie apocalypse!

[YT]kzApc2kfpcM[/YT]

TUF 20 Fighter Fantasy Call Outs

[YT]Z01g2k9xIQ0[/YT]

"How do some of the toughest ladies on the planet find motivation? The cast shares who has meant the most in their careers. Some of their answers may surprise you."

[YT]v1r9FjlDnOA[/YT]

Back