***TUF 23 Light Heavyweight Winner, Andrew "El Dirte" Sanchez, SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

(Q&A now over)

*****This is a Q&A for UFC Middleweight & Ultimate Fighter season 23 winner, Andrew Sanchez! He will answer your questions LIVE on MONDAY at 3:00 PM EST, the 10th of April. This thread will open when it is time. Remember to keep it clean & respectful otherwise dubs or bans will be handed out.*****

Andrew Sanchez was on season 23 of The Ultimate Fighter, fighting in the Light Heavyweight division apart of Team Claudia. He defeated Khalil Rountree in the finals to win the competition & is now fighting in the Middleweight division. His next fight takes place at UFC on Fox 24 in Kansas City as he takes on Anthony Smith, April 15.

andrew-sanchez-celebrates-his-unanimousdecision-victory-over-trevor-picture-id628825404

Andrew holds a 9-2 pro MMA record & is currently riding a 4 fight win streak. Along with his pro record he holds a 9-0 amateur MMA record, 4-0 amateur boxing record & 2-0 amateur kickboxing record. He has only gone to decision in 2 of his 9 wins. Out of his 9 wins, 5 have came via KO/TKO along with 2 via submission. Some of his notable wins include the likes of Trevor Smith, Eric Spicely, Khalil Rountree, Myron Dennis, Phillip Hawes & John Poppie.

andrew-sanchez-kicks-trevor-smith-in-their-middleweight-bout-during-picture-id628825230

Follow him here:

Twitter: @ElDirteSanchez
Instagram: eldirtesanchez
Facebook: Andrew "El Dirte" Sanchez

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Andrew,

What's your favorite striking, takedown and submission techniques? Also, what's your strength and conditioning consist of?

What do you think of Rumble's retirement? Would you rather retire when you're in your prime like he is, still beating almost every opponent you've been put up against, or would you rather go until the wheels have fallen off like Hendo?

What was the best and worst things about living in the TUF house?

Hey Andrew,

What's your favorite striking, takedown and submission techniques? Also, what's your strength and conditioning consist of?
I enjoy kicking techniques of all kind, as my starting point in martial arts was tai quan do. Takedowns: fundamental wrestling techniques. Double leg, single leg, body locks. Not flashy but they are the most effective. Submission of choice, guillotine. S and C varies depending on where I am in camp. Far out from camp I lift heavier for more power and explosiveness. As the fight draws nearer the weight load decreases and the cardio increases as well as sport specific exercises. I do S and C typically 3-4X per week.

How do you prepare mentally for a fight?

How do you overcome adversity?

Who is the toughest opponent you've fought?

What you think about Weidman's decline?

Hi Andrew. Who is your favorite fighter and why is it Tito Ortiz?

Good luck in your career.

In regards to your season of TUF...there was little to no animosity amongst the men from what I remember...even the women as well. How many of your TUF cast mates do you still talk with?

What do you think of Rumble's retirement? Would you rather retire when you're in your prime like he is, still beating almost every opponent you've been put up against, or would you rather go until the wheels have fallen off like Hendo?
I think he had some personal and motivational issues that led him to retire. He had many years of potential left in him and I would have loved to see him continue, but to each their own. Personally, I plan on fighting till I break. I owe it to myself after putting in a lifetime of work.

Hey Andrew why the drop to MW...

What was the best and worst things about living in the TUF house?
Best thing- All the free food and supplies you could ever want. you want a T-bone steak for every meal? You got it. NEed a massage? No problem. Worst thing-No privacy....ever. And no freedom, your essentially confined to the house and the gym

Hey Andrew!
I know this might be a tough one but what was the experience of fighting your good friend in the house Eric Spicely?

Hey Andrew, how quickly do you see yourself progressing in the UFC rankings? Do you see yourself fighting a top 15 guy by the end of the year?

Hi Andrew. Who is your favorite fighter and why is it Tito Ortiz?

Good luck in your career.
haha. Ive always looked up to chris Weidman early in my career. Mainly because I saw many similiarities in our styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back