TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Rachel looked decent, but I can't figure out what her game plan was supposed to be. She hit harder but let Barb dictate on the feet and seemed to be decent on the ground, but never tried to get the takedown herself where she at least could have teed up those hard shots easier

Rachel looked decent, but I can't figure out what her game plan was supposed to be. She hit harder but let Barb dictate on the feet and seemed to be decent on the ground, but never tried to get the takedown herself where she at least could have teed up those hard shots easier

She often seems to fail in the strategy department. That being said, I think Barb is quite a bit better on the ground than Rachel, who should probably move back down to 115.

She often seems to fail in the strategy department. That being said, I think Barb is quite a bit better on the ground than Rachel, who should probably move back down to 115.
I dont doubt Barb is better, but Rachel was pretty slick with her scrambles and escapes and should have at least tried to a takedown attempt or two of her own.
Back? Was she ever a strawweight?

So, we can get #12 vs #14 in the finale? UFC rankings at their finest.

Nicco was already my favorite for beating Lauren, and now those knees <{danawhoah}>

I dont doubt Barb is better, but Rachel was pretty slick with her scrambles and escapes and should have at least tried to a takedown attempt or two of her own.
Back? Was she ever a strawweight?

I thought so. But a review at Tapology shows me to be incorrect. (nothing fucking new here) That being said, she should be at Strawweight. She will still do well at weigh-ins, but will be giving up less lean mass against stronger women with a lower body fat percentage. When you are that small, everyone pound counts.

I thought so. But a review at Tapology shows me to be incorrect. (nothing fucking new here) That being said, she should be at Strawweight. She will still do well at weigh-ins, but will be giving up less lean mass against stronger women with a lower body fat percentage. When you are that small, everyone pound counts.
At a certain point the cage performances will matter more than the weigh ins. Take out the implants and she's halfway to 115 I'm sure. (There really needs to be inflatable implants for fighters, with an easy drain option then refill them after the fight)

At a certain point the cage performances will matter more than the weigh ins. Take out the implants and she's halfway to 115 I'm sure. (There really needs to be inflatable implants for fighters, with an easy drain option then refill them after the fight)
It might be worth noting Polynesians can have bones 20% denser than Caucasians.

That being said, I think Ostovich would do extremely well at 115. Her wrestling should in theory look better, and her standing strikes might hurt smaller women more. Her small camp might hold her back, when it comes to weight cuts tho.

That being said, I think Ostovich would do extremely well at 115. Her wrestling should in theory look better, and her standing strikes might hurt smaller women more. Her small camp might hold her back, when it comes to weight cuts tho.

Well, her bodyfat percentage is easily the highest of anyone on the show. And it gets even higher when she is not in camp. So really she is making a choice to fight at a higher-than-optimal weight class.

I think we know who the "unlikely" finalist is now.

Well, her bodyfat percentage is easily the highest of anyone on the show. And it gets even higher when she is not in camp. So really she is making a choice to fight at a higher-than-optimal weight class.
Oh I definitely agree! I suspect that her post TUF career may affect what weight class she chooses to stay at. If the UFC or Invicta signs her, I'd expect her to drop to 115.

If the UFC doesn't sign her, I could see Bellator making a grab for her, and Bellator's roster has a lot of smaller flyweights.

Great fight between Nicco and Stewart!

Really want Nicco and Roxy to be the finalists. Though I feel it will be the opposite :(

Lauren Murphy is cringeworthy. Blaming everyone except herself for losing against a better fighter.
Sad.

Just watched last nights, Nico has some really nasty knees.. shes a mean sob in the cage...

As for the rest.. I got a bit of a theory. No reason has been given for Calderwoods withdrawal against Bec and shes gone totally silent on social media.

I think Eubanks makes the finale, but they are worried about her making weight so Calderwood is on standby to step in.. as she does actually have a win at flyweight and they can sell it as she beat former title challenger letourneau..

Dern could be speaking of semi finalists, maybe? It's unlikely, i know, but it's possible too. Like in a 16 man tournament, the 4 last are finalists, in some way. I can't believe she rly fucked up.

That sounds like a lot but it's not much really.

For an average person your bones make up about 15% of your weight so for a 125 lb fighter that's 18.75 lbs.

If a Polynesians has 20% denser bones then 120% of the 15% is 18% and 18% of 125 lbs is 22.5 lbs so a 20% higher bone density means less than a 4 lb difference...... but if you add that to the enormous fake tits...... I still think she could make 115 lbs easily and probably should do.

Just watched last nights, Nico has some really nasty knees.. shes a mean sob in the cage...

As for the rest.. I got a bit of a theory. No reason has been given for Calderwoods withdrawal against Bec and shes gone totally silent on social media.

I think Eubanks makes the finale, but they are worried about her making weight so Calderwood is on standby to step in.. as she does actually have a win at flyweight and they can sell it as she beat former title challenger letourneau..
I hope it’s that! Really like jo jo but she always seems to be injured

I can say I've not seen very many blood donors on
TUF in the times I've watched it but Nicco made me
a liar in that regard.I'm shocked that Barb was able
to handle Rachael easily do to the fact it looked like
Rachael had a weight advantage of at least 5 or 6 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back