TUF 27 Cast Revealed

I only know Bryce Mitchell as the guy with the stupid nickname from the WSOF. Decent fighter though.

That's my only real pick.

Personally I'm pretty stoked. I train with Gunther quite a bit and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this thing. He should be pretty marketable too for the UFC - the dude has some stories...

I agree. His wrestling/top pressure is outstanding. His striking has work to improve but he has a granite chin. (He's the only dude I've seen walk through Devonte Smith's punches and knees and eat them like a sandwich.) My concern is his age and the repetitive weight cuts of the show. Now sure how much he shaves off for a fight but that could catch up in a situation like this. I'm pulling for the guy though!

Not holding up any champ considering they just fought on the same card, and will be fighting each other 6 months after their fights. If anything, its the perfect situation for it.

Maybe. If they need some RnR.

Personally I'm pretty stoked. I train with Gunther quite a bit and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins this thing. He should be pretty marketable too for the UFC - the dude has some stories...

Why does John Gunther sound so familiar?

Why is this TUF at LW and FW? Those divisions are fucking stacked.

Would be good if they did a LHW one.

more legit fighters at those weights since less athletes at LHW and HW. I mean you basically got TUF level guys cracking top 15 at heavyweight

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/the-ultimate-fighter-27-cast-revealed-stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier

Lightweight
Featherweight
Featherweight looks way deeper than lightweight, though Zuniga has easily the biggest win of anyone, having beat Marcin Blandel. I have him or Trizano winning 155, and Phillips or Diamond winning 145.
They're all undefeated too, has the UFC come up with a gimmick for that yet?

Let's spend our resources on building talent in the two divisions that need it least.

<36>
The UFC clearly doesn't care about LHW while Jones isn't king, they are even forcing the division's champion to move back up to HW. I can name 15 LHW's outside the UFC that would breathe some much needed life into the division even if those 15 aren't necessarily future champions. They need to remember that we watch for competitive fights, not just for champions and superstars. They are also too hasty to throw potential contenders to the wolves just because they don't want to wait for them to develop, it pisses me off immensely.

Why is this TUF at LW and FW? Those divisions are fucking stacked.

Would be good if they did a LHW one.
Because 205 is considered very thin everywhere not just UFC. Get past Bellator's roster and how many fighters are you interested in watching a hour long TV show about with a five minute match?

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/the-ultimate-fighter-27-cast-revealed-stipe-miocic-daniel-cormier

Lightweight
Featherweight
Featherweight looks way deeper than lightweight, though Zuniga has easily the biggest win of anyone, having beat Marcin Blandel. I have him or Trizano winning 155, and Phillips or Diamond winning 145.
Those records are not accurate, also why would those links be to MMAjunkie instead Sherdog?

Another massive waste of time. And youre holding up, not 1 champ, but 2.

Maybe an injury can cancel this show?
The two champs are fighting one another in July.. so nothing is holding them up.

Tyler Diamond #ftw

Great...another TUF for the lower weight classes instead of LHW and HW.

They could be fighting ahead of that date.

As said, waste of time.
No they wouldn't as International Fight Week is the perfect time for them to fight. Your bias opinion, is simply wrong.. But carry on stomping feet over something you have nothing to do with.

No they wouldn't as International Fight Week is the perfect time for them to fight. Your bias opinion, is simply wrong.. But carry on stomping feet over something you have nothing to do with.
Thank you sir for your permission.

As said, show is a waste of time.

Honestly, who gives a shot about "international fight week?" That week could be next week for all I know.

Get the fighters fighting, silly.

People are complaining but there just isn't the talent to put together a light heavy or heavy season, unless the go overseas. Any US fighter with a decent record in the heavy' gets quickly picked up.

Back