TUF 27: Undefeated Ep 4 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The-Ultimate-Fighter-Undefeated-TUF-27-Miocic-vs-Cormier.jpg

Team Cormier is 3-0 in the competition, and they look to stay undefeated when featherweight Bryce Mitchell gets his opportunity against Team Miocic fighter Jay Cucciniello.

Bryce Mitchell comes in with a perfect 9-0 record at just 23 years of age hailing from Arkansas. One teammate called Mitchell “a little redneck Nate Diaz,” considering his thick Southern accent, his submission-heavy style and the fact that he doesn't seem like he gives a…

Jay Cucciniello joins the show with an 8-0 record hailing from the United Kingdom but actually fighting out of a gym based in Spain. Before he focused on his mixed martial arts career, Cucciniello was actually a member of the armed forces in England, serving tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

When it comes to the actual matchup, Mitchell and Cucciniello are both ultra aggressive fighters who push the pace and always go for the finish. In fact, in their 17 combined professional fights, there's only that one decision between the two of them.

Last edited:
Should be a good one.

What do you guys think of Season 27? Do y'all hope the show is renewed or cancelled when a new non-streaming TV deal is reached?

Should be a good one.

What do you guys think of Season 27? Do y'all hope the show is renewed or cancelled when a new non-streaming TV deal is reached?

I like TUF, I've never missed a season except some of the foreign ones where you could only see it on fightpass. I hope they continue with the show and I look forward to the next season finally bringing back HWs

Oh man Violent Bob Ross can't continue, that fucking sucks.

Who they going to bring in? This is the season of undefeated fighters, wouldn't really make much sense to bring back someone who already lost on the show. They better have some reserve fighters who just barely didn't make it on the show or something.

Oh man Violent Bob Ross can't continue, that fucking sucks.

Who they going to bring in? This is the season of undefeated fighters, wouldn't really make much sense to bring back someone who already lost on the show. They better have some reserve fighters who just barely didn't make it on the show or something.
Id say theyll wait until the prelims are played out than choose , kinda like a unofficial wildcard

Bryce looked good, my only complaint for him is he needs to use more ground-n-pound. Strikes open up those submissions so if you're in a dominant position use them.

Jay seems like a cool guy and respect his story and all he has been through, but man he has no ground game. I don't know if he was just tired or what, but he did absolutely nothing in that 2nd round. I can't remember the last time I saw a 10-8 round on TUF.

20180509075858_tuf27.JPG

TUF 27 Episode 4 official result: Bryce Mitchell def. Jay Cucciniello via Unanimous Decision (20-17, 20-17, 20-18)

Quotes from this week's fight:

Dana White: "That was a great fight. Bryce absolutely dominated and looked great. That was a great win and I am excited to see him fight again."

Stipe Miocic: "Jay fought a great fight, busted his a** off. Bryce knew right away he was in for a good fight. Major props to Jay, I am so proud of him. Now the team just needs to keep fighting. As long as the team continues to bust their a**** I will be proud of them. Obviously we all want a win, but this is how the fight game goes."

Jay Cuccinello: " You win some and you lose some, now I just have to go out and get better for next time. I will get back in the gym right away, this is tough but I have to move past it. Major props to Bryce, he is really good fighter. I just want to tell my team to keep going forward from this and when you're in that octagon just keep the pressure and never stop going forward."

Cain Velasquez: "Our game plan was to beat up Jay on the feet and then get him to the ground and just look for the finish there and if not just work. Our plan is to just keep winning these fights, we don't have a choice of the picks, but we have the better guys and I think no matter what the match ups end up being we win."

Bryce Mitchell: "I should have gotten the finish by arm bar. I put everything into this fight and I just wish I could redo the submission. But there is always next fight for that. I just really wanted that finish! There was no added pressure in this fight given that we were undefeated, a fight is a fight and I was in there to win."

Can't wait to see cat killer Bryce Mitchell lose at some point, hopefully violently.

who killed a cat

wtf

Bryce Mitchell is a super redneck, lives in Arkansas, and does a lot of hunting (to be fair he eats what he kills instead of just doing it for sport). He killed a bobcat and according to Violent Bob Ross on TUF Talk he did actually eat it. I've never heard of eating bobcat, but supposedly he did.

Bryce Mitchell is a super redneck, lives in Arkansas, and does a lot of hunting (to be fair he eats what he kills instead of just doing it for sport). He killed a bobcat and according to Violent Bob Ross on TUF Talk he did actually eat it. I've never heard of eating bobcat, but supposedly he did.

Bobcat and fisher cat and fox and coyote and cougar and bear and wolf and every animal has it's season to be hunted in the US. It could have been legal at the time.

If he shot a housecat, thats different

sucks that Pena is out. The orange team basically swapped one good coach for another good coach in Velasquez but hopefully Stipe’s team gets a win soon.

Mitchell’s BJJ is pretty good. He was looking for the RNC and had Cucciniello in a tight triangle at the end of the first. Props to Cucciniello for getting up from the first takedown.

Bryce is a bitch though. His mom is obviously in a victim protection program

Peña is a very good fighter and all but jesus what a cry baby. I was embarrassed for the guy acting like that. A grown man blubbering like a baby every chance he gets.

Bobcat and fisher cat and fox and coyote and cougar and bear and wolf and every animal has it's season to be hunted in the US. It could have been legal at the time.

If he shot a housecat, thats different
I don't care if it's legal, I like wild cats as well as house cats and I'm rooting for whoever he is fighting to hurt him every time.

Check out Steven Rinella's stuff if you haven't already. He has a show about hunting called Meat Eater. He's friends with Rogan and has been on JRE a couple times.

Back