TUF 27: Undefeated Ep 5 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The-Ultimate-Fighter-Undefeated-TUF-27-Miocic-vs-Cormier.jpg

Team Miocic is looking for their first win after going 0-4 so far this season. Stipe's #1 pick Mike Trizano will face off against Thailand Clark from Team Cormier.

Trizano comes to the show with a 6-0 record as well as an undefeated resume as an amateur training out of Team Tiger Schulmann in New Jersey.

Clark hails from Fort Worth, Texas, where he holds a 7-0 record with five decision wins as well as one TKO and a submission on his resume.

Got the DVR set... Hoping the Rockets can pull one off tonight...

Rockets are doomed.

Should be a good fight tonight. I can sense a finish.

Trizano was outgrappling and had better shots on Clark at the end there but I got Clark 10-9. That was a huge knockdown he had.

Trizano absolutely dominated Clark on the ground. Nice GNP. I don’t know if Clark gassed or got injured in the first but he didn’t do anything after the knockdown

Thailand with the ole' early knockdown into immediate clinch, terrible fight IQ there. And completely clueless on the ground. Must suck to be the guy who ends your team's undefeated streak.

Great comeback from a bad start for Mike. Proceeded to win the round even though he got knocked down and took the fight out of Thailand both standing and on the ground. I think that headkick in round 1 really had Thailand rocked and led to his demise.

20180516075345_tuf27.JPG

Result: Mike Trizano def. Thailand Clark via TKO (punches) R2, 4:48

Quotes from this week's fight:

Stipe Miocic: "Mike let it go tonight to get our team the win. It has been tough, but all we can do is keep working hard and moving forward. Already looking forward to the next fight. A win feels great and was much needed. Now we have to continue to get wins. I'm really proud of Mike tonight."

Mike Trizano: "I believe every fight that I have my fitness at its highest level. I will always be ready to fight. Training with a world champion and UFC veterans has helped my improve my game. These coaches have been such a blessing and I know that they really care about me, whether I win or lose. It just shows me a lot about their character and what kind of coaches they are. I am lucky to have them in my corner. I hope this win will be a rally cry for my team. Someone had to get it started and it happened to be me."

Daniel Cormier: " Thailand fought a successful first round and got the knockdown. But Mike is a tough guy and got the stoppage. Mike is a hell of a fighter and really wants to get his hand raised at the end of these fights and it showed."

Thailand Clark: "That was a crappy performance on my behalf. I needed to keep pushing and never settle. Once I get back to my team, I'll train hard in grappling and my sparring and get back to the basics."

I almost forgot about the knock down, he manhandled Clark for 9.5 min.

Back