TUF 27: Undefeated Ep 7 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
OmKrQwp.jpg

As the opening round of The Ultimate Fighter: Undefeated tournament begins to wind down, the last lightweight matchup will take place this week as Team Cormier's No. 1 overall pick Richie Smullen will take on dark horse contender Allan Zuniga from Team Miocic.

Smullen comes to The Ultimate Fighter this season out of Team SBG in Ireland. Artem Lobov, who is an Ultimate Fighter alum as well, gave Smullen the money he would need to travel to the United States so he could participate in the tryouts for the reality show. The plan paid off as Smullen was not only selected for the cast but he ended up as Cormier's No. 1 pick in the lightweight division.

Smullen has gone 3-0-1 with all three of his victories coming by way of submission or TKO.

As for Allan Zuniga, the 13-0 lightweight out of Costa Rica is much more of an unknown coming into this tournament, despite his experience advantage. Zuniga is a well rounded fighter with a mix of wins by knockout and submission, with a few decisions mixed in there as well. This tournament is definitely his biggest step up in competition, but Zuniga's ability to fly under the radar has kept him as a dark horse all season long and now he'll get his chance to shine.

20180507012805_danajumplarge.JPG

During which season did y'all decide that "The Ultimate Fighter" had jumped the shark? If you feel it hasn't, please tell us why!

Honestly, I thought after season 10, the heavyweights, we had gotten everything we were going to get from TUF, innovation-wise. Bringing on Kimbo in that reveal, and then milking his comeback that never materialized, was about as shark-jumpy as you can get. And then we were given twenty more seasons after that.

So Pumped for the Cormier - Stipe fight... Doesn't even matter that there is no beef between coaches this season. Just like way back in 2005 for TUF 1... #Hespect!!!

Glad DC is making them work on cardio. Gassing is probably one of the biggest downers in MMA right now.

Now that is #Heart!!! Dude still wanted to fight even with advancing due to injury...

Honestly, I thought after season 10, the heavyweights, we had gotten everything we were going to get from TUF, innovation-wise. Bringing on Kimbo in that reveal, and then milking his comeback that never materialized, was about as shark-jumpy as you can get. And then we were given twenty more seasons after that.

I have watched each fight "TUF" ever produced, but I stopped rocking the minute-by-minute reality show-factor by Season 4. The show peaked in Season 1, in terms of talent and personality, in my opinion.

It's time to retire this franchise. Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series is legit AF, and is a worthy weekly and seasonal replacement. It could be a staple on ESPN + or Fight pass for years to come. Reality show concepts fade with time. Fights with the highest of stakes, do not.

Feel for Zuniga that kid comes from a poor background he wanted that bonus money so that was cool of Dana. For giving it to him.

First episode I've seen in like 2 years and there wasn't even a fight lol

Why did they even bother showing this episode? What a waste of my time. At least tell us there isn’t going to be a fight.

I think it's stupid that team miocic get to take advantage of team cormiers injuries. They should at least keep their team advantages even though Thailand is the only one who've lost. If Irish boy doesn't skip ahead of the others who've lost this season is bullcrap. Bullcrap!!!!

Team Miocic eliminated one Team DC guy.
Injuries eliminated three of them.

AKA baby!
<36>

OmKrQwp.jpg
Smullen comes to The Ultimate Fighter this season out of Team SBG in Ireland.

oh how sbg has fallen on hard times. there was conor, gunnar, holohan, artem, charlie ward, aisling daly, makwan, and things were looking up. many of them are now retired, or washed out of the ufc.

now this. smullen defeated by a leg cramp.

oh how sbg has fallen on hard times. there was conor, gunnar, holohan, artem, charlie ward, aisling daly, makwan, and things were looking up. many of them are now retired, or washed out of the ufc.

now this. smullen defeated by a leg cramp.
oh he's from sbg? then I understand why the guy quit now

Wow i legit had no idea there was even a tuf on atm

Damn Ultimate hype to Ultimate tripe, glad I missed it live...

Back