TUF 27

would love if you could elaborate on how bravo has a great stylistic match-up. personally i believe the opposite.

Bravo is a pressure fighter, Caceres is bad against pressure. Bravo is a guy who finds ways to win, Caceres is a guy who finds ways to lose. If Bravo doesn't get finished early, which I don't think is likely, I see him having a big edge as the fight goes on.

Jay Cucciniello

-keeping the news about his tuff win for weeks was hard but worth the wait
-says took damage against diamond tuff fight but fought through it and became a fan even of himself
but says not the best way to take damage.
-fight against bryce knew he had to get back in there and put in the hard work to get back to the top
-there was no fight to get into the house....
-many guys have had lots of fights to get into the house so knows it was more tricky on how he got the shot, fighting is a privilege to him and wants to give 100%.
-The bryce fight it just wasn't him that day
-did have a mentality to visualize his hand being raised, like dc said you cant give up and it was all about mental toughness.
-has the best mental toughness, felt this from tyler. He got woke up from diamonds overhands early in r1 but knew he had to come back.
-never missed on training session from tuff house, non stop training at all
-knew had to stay focused and keep training.
-going to light weight and fighting was the right move
-always been known as a tough guy, a slugger and keeps going
-says his cardio is always excellent.
-made mistakes with worrying about bryces methods to win and lost.
-is an honor to be a brit and perhaps win the tuff for his dads name also, bisping was last brit to do it.
-got the mental toughness from his military duties, everything in his past has come to front now but
is on top of everything.

Brad Kotana

-was able to discuss his fight in the finale earlier then others so was fine didnt have that issue.
-goes into any camp to be the best, spent 1 week in portugal at shinobi academy then to SGB camp
use to having 4 weeks to prepare for a fight but had 10-12 weeks with a full pro camp.
-worked on conditioning, having the best coaches and training partners had done everything he could.
-did not see Conor much down there....
-not faking his irish accent
-proud to represent the canada team and SBG team also
-did ji jitsu and grappling and kickboxing since 14
-has engineer mechanical degree
-knows he fought the best guys on tuff, since he has fought euro top guys before
-jays a tough and gritty opponent to deal with, needs to keep focused and knows hes looking to win
knows if the fights not going his way he could adjust just like he did in his other tuff fight.
-knew he could be a good engineer but knew if his mma career didn't work can go back to engineering
-had artrem and richie smullen as training partners
-not bothered if richie smullen loses, mma is a selfish sport its all about you.
-wants that tuff fw winner for his feather in the cap since its always mentioned later on like tony ferguson fights.

Joe giannetti

-never had money to come to la or fight
-doesn't want to cash in on a cheque he doesn't quite have, motivated to win here for the money
-got pets and family to feed so always needs money
-skill set is endless, all will see something different in each fight.
-focused on training and day to day stuff so was pleased with it, was youngest guy in the house too
-adding a few new things that dc added to his game plan
-says dc was a caring coach was always on his case and improving him despite him having the biggest fight ahead of him in stipe. Says dc will get a late tko or decision win.
-says his tuff fights were his best performances to date
-dc checked in on him and if he needed anything extra when he bumped into him earlier
-dc bring in luke, max and recent ufc champs was a big inspiration to him on tuff series
-not worried about losing too much will shake it off and come better
-had 30 wrestling matches but was 0-30, guys would reverse him but he changed his wrestling style
so changed it for fighting instead, used ji jitsu to excel his fighting style more.
-says trizano is a great fighter and his basics are really good, says he maybe better but will show some new skills that he wont be prepared for.
-on the show he wrote a note book on the other guys in the house, listed their pros and cons so has their numbers.

Mike Trizano

-enjoying the las vegas experience so far and taking it all in
-says stipe is a big dude, an animal and packs a punch so routing for him
-bumped in stipe but he was speaking very fast and checking in on him always been helpful with him
-no bad blood with joe, knows hes a good guy.
-doesn't watch too much film on guys but focuses on improving himself more
-not having a phone was good under tuff fight, watched the whole tuff show and they left a lot of good
stuff. Mentioned he was a good cook on the show and done alot of cooking for guys.
-doesn't get effected by trash talk or standing next to opponent in media stuff
-all tuff guys were respectful so was quite surprised
-knows all guys in house are well rounded, striking and grappling so their was a professional side to it
-good training camp for this fight, wants to get in there already
-done boxing and MT fights in past

Bravo is a pressure fighter, Caceres is bad against pressure. Bravo is a guy who finds ways to win, Caceres is a guy who finds ways to lose. If Bravo doesn't get finished early, which I don't think is likely, I see him having a big edge as the fight goes on.

Who has ever pressured Caceres successfully? He either clinches up or circles out when pressured. His problem is counter strikers or strong grapplers.

Who has ever pressured Caceres successfully? He either clinches up or circles out when pressured. His problem is counter strikers or strong grapplers.
How dare you bring facts into this discussion.

It's more of an a priori analysis... all of his wins are against the least aggressive of his opponents. Usually point fighters fold to pressure because they don't have the firepower to disincentivize it and therefore have to use too much energy relative to their opponent to have the fight how they want it.

Katona -145 was a very good line I favor him up to around -230

Edit and bang he is up to -230

Marquez weighs in at 190. Get on while you can.

Allan Zuniga is +161. That makes no sense, why in the world is Gunther the fave

Haven't been following the thread you guys like him missing weight?

I liked him anyway. If a guy misses by that much I almost always generally like it. Most of the time it means they didn't even try to make it so they won't be drained at all. It's a completely unfair advantage but in my opinion guys (or girls) that miss by 3+ lbs tend to overperform more often than not.

Allan Zuniga is +161. That makes no sense, why in the world is Gunther the fave
Zuniga is tiny for the weight class, and he's from Costa Rica, not a wrestling powerhouse. Gunther is significantly bigger than Zuniga and is a good wrestler with takedown ability who can smother Zuniga. Gunther also has the ability to take a lot of punishment, so it will be difficult for Zuniga to stop him with punches, his main weapon. This has three round wrestle-f*ck written all over it.

Haven't been following the thread you guys like him missing weight?
Overweight fighters have been very successful thus far in the year. It's betting on the trend. I think the win rate of fighters missing weight is upwards of 90% for 2018. Cant remember the record off the top of my head.

I've been dropping some expert knowledge on you rooks lately and you're all better for it but no need to thank me. Just wanna confirm that I'm giving the green light on Adesanya. Make no mistake, this guy is a very special talent and the future of the division.

As I said before, Tavares is a solid competitor who I've done business with recently. However this is not a good fight for Tavares and he's clearly outmatched. The UFC are all in with Adesanaya and they are feeding him Tavares.

Don't be surprised when this fight ends in a highlight reel KO after minutes of domination, Adesanaya wins via too much sauce

And hey rooks, I just wanted to say that its me and you vs the book, not me an you vs eachother, fair enough?

Gang Gang

Man it's MMA Gambling Expert but dammit if there aren't hints of good ol' Barry in there too^^^^^^^

Hmm...

I've been dropping some expert knowledge on you rooks lately and you're all better for it but no need to thank me. Just wanna confirm that I'm giving the green light on Adesanya. Make no mistake, this guy is a very special talent and the future of the division.

As I said before, Tavares is a solid competitor who I've done business with recently. However this is not a good fight for Tavares and he's clearly outmatched. The UFC are all in with Adesanaya and they are feeding him Tavares.

Don't be surprised when this fight ends in a highlight reel KO after minutes of domination, Adesanaya wins via too much sauce

And hey rooks, I just wanted to say that its me and you vs the book, not me an you vs eachother, fair enough?

Gang Gang

1imvae.jpg

Gang Gang

you are mmagamblingexpert, I like your breakdowns

Back