TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 3 - 10 p.m. ET

Whittaker pretty clearly doesn't give much of a shit, though Silva didn't give him much to be impressed by.
I like Kelvin talking about the importance of good work ethic and keeping in shape. He does seem like a good coach and clearly cares a lot.

Marcus Greene is a pain in the arse, I know it's the point, but I'm really hoping for someone to knock him out hard.

Not a great episode for HW MMA.

Frazier has one fight in the past four years and was ko'ed by fricken Mike Wessel. How was Silva the first pick? Did actually do any wrestling during the evaluations?

HUH?

Since returning from his son's side during health scares Frazier is now 4-0 in the past 13 months including TUF.......

And look at the time period the Wessel fight happened, Frazier was living in children's hospital at the time.

They were setting up the fat guy to either be an underdog or a complete wash out. I honestly expected him to get smoked. How do you have that much body fat and still have to cut weight for HW. C'mon man.

Anyway's congrats to him but he has no chance in the UFC.

HUH?

Since returning from his son's side during health scares Frazier is now 4-0 in the past 13 months including TUF.......

And look at the time period the Wessel fight happened, Frazier was living in children's hospital at the time.

Nothing motivates a person more than the need to pay for healthcare. Shit is terrifying.

Whittaker pretty clearly doesn't give much of a shit, though Silva didn't give him much to be impressed by.
I like Kelvin talking about the importance of good work ethic and keeping in shape. He does seem like a good coach and clearly cares a lot.

Marcus Greene is a pain in the arse, I know it's the point, but I'm really hoping for someone to knock him out hard.

Not a great episode for HW MMA.
Telling a pro fighter the importance of good work ethic and keeping in shape is like telling a virgin to have good personal hygiene, if you got to tell them you're in pretty dire straits. I feel neither KG or Whittaker are the coaching type. Made me chuckle when they were both giving corner advice between rounds. KG going with the raunchy hip advice, and Whittaker shouting : Don't let that happen again! Just awful.

I'm not a TUF hater, TUF 2 was my introduction and gateway to mma, but with this season they hit rock bottom. These guys are an embarrassment.

Holy shit these fighters are complete shit, 3 episodes in and not one good fight.

I find it crazy that experienced coaches and fighters would waste there first pick on a fighter with no ground game.

If you are going to waste a pick on a one-dimensional fighter at least pick a grappler.

Frazier has one fight in the past four years and was ko'ed by fricken Mike Wessel. How was Silva the first pick? Did actually do any wrestling during the evaluations?

given what a former K1 fighter Ben Edwards shared on FB, regarding the TUF trials ... all he went through was the grappling. And he did not pass, although he improved leaps n bounds and actually got some TDD and defensive ground game.

I have no idea how Silva passed that.

given what a former K1 fighter Ben Edwards shared on FB, regarding the TUF trials ... all he went through was the grappling. And he did not pass, although he improved leaps n bounds and actually got some TDD and defensive ground game.

I have no idea how Silva passed that.

It's a bit odd how Saki got a strait pass to the the UFC and he had what, two fights? I'm just surprised Silva doesn't have better tdd at this point.

HUH?

Yeah I just looked at Tapology, sherdog is missing his last fights and only has him having one fight win since 2014. Still not giving him a pass for the Wessel fight though, Diekmann doesn't train full time either and is pushing forty yet handle him easily. Silva should have been a lot more prepared for him, big difference in their training regimes befor the show and he had the two best grapplers on his team.

It's a bit odd how Saki got a strait pass to the the UFC and he had what, two fights? I'm just surprised Silva doesn't have better tdd at this point.

Saki got a much bigger following; he got a straight pass at 0-1 !

it is all about what you draw

What was with the "don't write the shopping list when the cameras are there" bit? Why didn't they want that?

Da Silva is not only the worst fighter to ever fight on TUF, but he might even be worse than CM Punk.

Not a fucking shred of ground game for Silva. Why even bother competing on this show if you know you don't have even the most basic of ground game? Shit you have to at least have some TDD if you're gonna come in with no ground game

There's one every season, no ground game or no stand up, or no cardio and walks in saying this is their last shot, all or nothing.

These fights are just bi-weekly reminders of why we don't get heavyweight seasons of TUF.

Just watched this one.

Robert was just sitting there for the longest time and then he said to the ref, stand them up.

I laughed pretty well with that one. Like you know giving your fighter instructions on how to get up wouldn't help him so you ask the ref to stand them up.
Pretty funny.

Lmao this fight was a complete shit show. Anyone with a week of training could become a top 50 HW in mma

Back