TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 9 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
oc4WvSx.jpg

Michel Batista vs. Justin Frazier

With only four fights remaining this season, the semifinals are comprised of four fighters from Team Whittaker and four fighters from Team Gastelum.

The heavyweights will be the first ones up this week as former Cuban Olympic wrestler Michel Batista looks to build on his impressive win in the opening round when he faces dark horse contender Justin Frazier, who came into the competition extremely overweight and then knocked off MW champion Robert Whittaker's No. 1 pick on the show.

Batista is a world-class wrestler with explosive takedowns and great ground control as well. Batista showed off his grappling skills in his dominant showing against Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series veteran Josh Parisian in the opening round.

Frazier is a scrappy, hard-hitting heavyweight who carries a never-say-die attitude with him at all times. Frazier was the last pick for his team in the heavyweight division. Now Frazier will look to shock the world by taking out Batista in the first heavyweight semifinal. Can he pull off the upset against the former Olympian?

Before the fight gets started this week, there will still be plenty of fallout to deal with from Team Gastelum heavyweight Maurice Greene, who has been one of the loudest and most outspoken fighters on the entire show this season. He's been a disruption at the house thanks to his constant drinking. What started as a celebration following his victory to kick off the competition has turned into one gigantic, never ending party for Greene as the hard hitting heavyweight always seems to find an excuse to knock back a few drinks whenever he's at the house.

His disruptive behavior will send a ripple through the house and the gym this week and leave at least one fighter on the verge of potentially leaving the competition.

Batista... there are levels to this grappling thing.

Could we be blessed with a Junie or Leben drunken moment tonight....

<28>

is this only on Foxs? I cant get it on fightpass. TBH not seeing the point in paying for Fightpass atm.

Get the man some Proper 12... then he would bless all those bums. :eek:

I have not watched any of this season of TUF. Hell, I have not watched an entire episode of TUF since the Carwin-Nelson season. I haven't watched an entire season since the Nogueira-Mir season.

Right now, I'm amused and flabbergasted that Pannie Kianzad speaks better English than the American women fighters.

Sad that drunken moments make for the best TV... Damn you Jersey Shore and CT from the Challenge.

Could we be blessed with a Junie or Leben drunken moment tonight....

<28>
That's funny. The bit I added to the OP about the drinking did mention Leben and Junie in the article. :D

Back in season one, Chris Leben notoriously dealt with a drinking problem that was only compounded by a bitter relationship shared with Josh Koscheck and Bobby Southworth.

And who can forget Junie Browning, who made a name for himself largely because of his bizarre behavior while drinking a little bit too much rather than staying focused on training.

Back