TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 1 DISCUSSION

Fox Sports 1

Thanks, I wonder why they didn't replay it or something, it was 11 or so when I remembered that it was premier night, I flipped and saw it wasn't on. i even went back an hour to see what was on and it was something like Fox Sports Live. Should've at least re-aired it. Guess I will just check my DVR when they play it next and it set on record.

"you're not here to be the best in the world...you're here to be the best on your worst day"

herpaderpderpderp

"You're not here to beat cancer...you're here to beat cancer on your worst day"
"Well, i'm having a decent day, so...I go home now?"

Kind of weirding me out how much you are harping on this

yeah wasn't impressed either. and the french canadian chick who was by far the hottest, lost so meh. i'll just read the recaps from now on.

Yeah, I was pulling for her just because she's hawt. The girl that beat her though is a total nerd that fights and is sexy just because of that.

iThrillhouse said:
-Haven't quite followed Shayna Baszlers career but at 15-8 I don't see where the hype comes from despite being the most experience on both mens and womens sides...
Let me introduce you to this thing called Google. On it, you can find this place called Wiki. Or even Sherdog. And they will show you who she has fought. And then you can see that her recent losses are to people called Cristiane Justino, and Sarah McMann, and Alexis Davis, and Sarah Kaufmann. And she's got wins of Julie Kedzie, and Modaferri, and Davis, etc.

I'd be shocked if she doesn't go far in the tournament. Especially since she has a blog now. Seems like it would take a lot of humility to write a blog about TUF if you go down in Episode 2.

Thanks, I wonder why they didn't replay it or something, it was 11 or so when I remembered that it was premier night, I flipped and saw it wasn't on. i even went back an hour to see what was on and it was something like Fox Sports Live. Should've at least re-aired it. Guess I will just check my DVR when they play it next and it set on record.

It replayed on FS2 right after it aired on FS1

Am I wrong or were there not any standing knockouts? Usually the prelim round some of the top guys KO someone in 10 seconds

Coach surprise again, last season it was the real Chael coming out like a really decent guy with great coaching and......

.....this season we discover that Ronda is pretty badass fighting but incredibly annoying.

This is true... And she's maybe a little dumb too.

I don't think TUF is the place to find hot chicks. Nor is a woman's soft ball tournament or the LPGA tour.

i think chael understood his act would wear thin over a six week period, so he decided to play it straight, which worked to his benefit. Playing up a certain aspect of your personality never works; being able to show some intelligence, maturity, empathy and professionalism does. Chael got that and acted accordingly, same w/tito when he was on the show; their whole images got a new dimension based on what they did on the show, whereas guys like shamrock and jackson looked ridiculous cause they stayed in character.

Hahaha, all the dumb haters who vowed to never watch an episode of TUF 18 are ofcourse following the premier closely, just so they can search for something to bitch and whine about in this thread.

Oh Shertards, you guys are just too predictable nowadays.

Are people still saying "haters"?

i think chael understood his act would wear thin over a six week period, so he decided to play it straight, which worked to his benefit. Playing up a certain aspect of your personality never works; being able to show some intelligence, maturity, empathy and professionalism does. Chael got that and acted accordingly, same w/tito when he was on the show; their whole images got a new dimension based on what they did on the show, whereas guys like shamrock and jackson looked ridiculous cause they stayed in character.

Well done. I'll add that you cannot hide your personality too long on this show... It seeps out. And that might not work out well for Rhonda's image.

I think I'm in love with jessamyn

I don't think TUF is the place to find hot chicks. Nor is a woman's soft ball tournament or the LPGA tour.

Jr high through college they're not a bad place to go (as long as you stick with your age, no pedo bears. Even though they probably love the jr high tourneys).

God I can't stand Rhonda. I hate the way she talks, I hate the way she walks, I hate the way she always says "badaam" (but uhm)...

I watched the yesterdays episode for less than 10 minutes.

Given how small the UFC's women roster is, the winner of this show could potentially be fighting for a title quicker than any other TUF winner besides Season 4: The Comeback.

Unfortunately for her, she'll always be remembered for being on the receiving end of this:

Kaufman-slams-Modaferri.gif

The powerbomb that puts WMMA on ESPN.

Back