TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 2 DISCUSSION

Fight to get into the house
First round
Quarters
Semis

That's 4 times dipshit. 18 days. (It was from 193 not 200, I will admit that mistake)

Stop bullshitting. Show me the proof Joe Riggs was actually going from 193 to 170 to 193 to 170 EVERY 4.5 DAYS. You are claiming he lost 23 pounds, gained 23 pounds and lost 23 pounds again every 4.5 days.

Maybe if he is using diuretics and just bloating himself immediately after purely with liquids, but that isn't a real weight cut because its just water weight. That would be like filling your pockets with weights and claiming that's a weight cut when you take the weights out of your pockets.

The body can't process that much nutrients in 4 days to be able to fluctuate that much with actual weight.

loool just finished the first episode. Ronda threatening Meisha for smiling her fighter and friend beat her first pick. Shayna is a bully, its amazing how she convinced everyone in the house she was gonna beat Pena, hell even Penas team mate didnt think she could win, but hope she did because it increased their chances of winning the tournament. Shayna got shocked first 10 secs when she ate couple of hard punches and all that talk went out of the window. And lastly is the guy that coaches Ronda Armenian? He reminds me of certain Armenian lol

This.

Also if you dont go #1 vs #1 that leaves you with having to put one of your other picks against their #1 (and #1 overall) pick, which decreases the chances of a sweep and just means she's in the semi-finals to have to be matched up with someone again

These people just met each other. Its not like they all train together and Pena was established the best fighter in her team, so seeing her get beat would effect the others. The whole first pick beating first pick giving big advantage is nonsense. I doubt Penas team would get effected one bit if she lost. Hell even her team mate didnt think she was gonna win. Ronda wanted to get one over meisha and threw shayna under the bus, hence why she was emotional after the fight. Because she knew she fucked up

These people just met each other. Its not like they all train together and Pena was established the best fighter in her team, so seeing her get beat would effect the others. The whole first pick beating first pick giving big advantage is nonsense. I doubt Penas team would get effected one bit if she lost. Hell even her team mate didnt think she was gonna win. Ronda wanted to get one over meisha and threw shayna under the bus, hence why she was emotional after the fight. Because she knew she fucked up

A number one pick who looked good in her win getting crushed by the other team's number one would have some affect even if it was expected. So for a quick pick with no time to formulate a plan it still seems like the obvious choice. Shayna was the experienced vet who has looked damn good despite a losing record in Invicta and should have beat everyone so there was no throwing her under the bus. Ronda was emotional that she lost to Tate in any way even vicariously

A number one pick who looked good in her win getting crushed by the other team's number one would have some affect even if it was expected. So for a quick pick with no time to formulate a plan it still seems like the obvious choice. Shayna was the experienced vet who has looked damn good despite a losing record in Invicta and should have beat everyone so there was no throwing her under the bus. Ronda was emotional that she lost to Tate in any way even vicariously

Pena was the most impressive in the prelims. Shayna had a tough fight in the prelims. Records means nothing....otherwise coaches wouldnt make their picks based on who impress in the prelims

Am I the only one who honestly didn't think Ronda looked all that bad?

The tears made me lol a bit, but at her core, she truly gave a shit about Bazler and wanted her to do well. She got down and dirty and was sweating right along with all of them as well. Can't fault a coach for getting emotionally invested in their fighter.

I don't recall seeing Tate looking like anything other than dolled up, even while coaching.

I dunno if it's my strong bias towards judoka or what...

howdy

just about done with episode 2, didnt watch the first one

is there a site to get some sort of bio on these fighters? thanks

The tears made me lol a bit, but at her core, she truly gave a shit about Bazler and wanted her to do well. She got down and dirty and was sweating right along with all of them as well. Can't fault a coach for getting emotionally invested in their fighter.

I don't recall seeing Tate looking like anything other than dolled up, even while coaching.

I thought the tears weren't all about Baszler getting her ass kicked, but partly about her looking silly for picking that fight and Miesha getting one over her.

As I was watching episode 2 I was thinking to myself, Brazzler will win this one, she's getting triple the amount of airtime clearly promoting her like they did Hall.
But as the fight started I said to myself, what if they make her seem like the big favorite and let the underdog win so it looks a lot more exciting and get more views for their 3rd episode? I think it worked out well, I enjoyed the episode and made me want to keep watching this show. But now it's time to play more hearthstone with my basic deck.

Pena was the most impressive in the prelims. Shayna had a tough fight in the prelims. Records means nothing....otherwise coaches wouldnt make their picks based on who impress in the prelims

You're contradicting yourself, if Pena looked so good how would it not be a blow to her team to see her taken out? And from a coaching perspective a single fight wouldnt be enough to not pick a Top 10 ranked fighter over Pena. Again, any other match means one of Rousey's lesser picks has to face Pena in a much tougher matchup. THAT would be throwing someone under the bus

The tears made me lol a bit, but at her core

I dunno about her core but her arms were looking HUGE. Genuinely ass-kickingly big double barrel guns.

Ronda looks like the girl who wants all the toys in the classroom corner and if she doesnt get them, shell tell all the other kids shell punch them, do it, pout, then CRY when she doesnt get her way.

I said that in the Ronda hatred thread that got wastelanded.

You're contradicting yourself, if Pena looked so good how would it not be a blow to her team to see her taken out? And from a coaching perspective a single fight wouldnt be enough to not pick a Top 10 ranked fighter over Pena. Again, any other match means one of Rousey's lesser picks has to face Pena in a much tougher matchup. THAT would be throwing someone under the bus

Its not blow because these people are not a team. They just met and are all fighting for the same contract. A team is people who are emotionally invested in each other. These people dont give shit about each other and dont know each other

Lmfaoooo at Ronda. She's probably going to smash Tate, but I will be so happy if Tate manages to win. Can't believe Ronda got so upset over TAte celebrating a win lol it wasn't even excessive

No, I believe there are three 125ers (Pena, Modafferi & Rakoczy) but no 115ers

This is all a little complicated. In the issue of what have they been doing most recently the above is correct but I figure people might be interested in the details, or at least as well as I can recall them.

Pena fought Moras at a catchweight of 140. For a while I was thinking it was at 135 but then I remembered thinking that was a catchweight earlier today when I was thinking about older fights.

Pena had a fight against Kerry Vera planned at 135.

I cannot remember at what weight Pena fought Webber but I wouldn't be surprised if it were at 135. Webber tended to fight at either 135 or 145. I think she had one fight at 150 but cannot remember the details.

Most recently Pena has been fighting and looking for fights at 125, until TUF of course. I do believe her fight with Dunne was at 125.

An example of a time stamp of sorts. Fightergirls used to be the best sourced and updated fighting resource for women's MMA on the Internet. It has not been updated properly for over three years now, closer to four.

Here is a link to Pena's page: http://www.fightergirls.com/fighter.asp?ID=1846

You will see that Pena is listed at 135.

Modafferi used to fight at 135. Her debut at 125 came against Rosi Sexton after Modafferi's loss to Sarah Kaufman. Modafferi has gone 0-4 since her drop down to flyweight (125), against top opponents.

Rakoczy also has fought at 130 or 135 against Zoila Gurgel. (I forget.) She did fight Felice Herrig at catchweight of 120. The rest of Rakoczy's fights have been at 125 that I can recall but I am not one hundred percent sure about her fight with Jennifer Scott (I do assume it was as Scott used to fight there before going up to 135).

Sorry about the messy post but the subject is complicated and messy.

Last edited:
Lmfaoooo at Ronda. She's probably going to smash Tate, but I will be so happy if Tate manages to win. Can't believe Ronda got so upset over TAte celebrating a win lol it wasn't even excessive

She may win the fight, but she will be hated after tuf. Danas plans of making her a super star will die as she simply doesnt have the personality. the only way you can get away with shitty personality and be super star in MMA is if you are a vicious ko machine and she's not

Back