TUF Tate VS Rousey EPISODE 6 DISCUSSION

Ronda gets very attached to her fighters, i like that.

Yep, that is by far the best part of her TUF showing

But to be fair, I don't think we have had Tate's team breakdown like RR's when they lose to see Tate handling something similar, but that does not take RR doing the right thing by her team

Jessica has been the lone voice that hasn't stuck up for RR (out of the team members we heard) - not that she talked shit, but she has said that the TUF portrayal of RR is exactly how she acted (so its not "editing")

Yeah, I hadn't posted in years myself, and finally posted again for the same reason.

Didn't read through the whole thread, but had a couple of thoughts. Not sure if anyone agrees, but I thought that fight was overrated. Raquel busted Duke's face in round one, busted her up even more in round 2.

I thought for sure Raquel would get robbed somehow, and didn't think the fight should have gone to a third round. Then the third round was all Raquel, with Duke landing one knee that cut her, yet people were saying they didn't know who won the third. I thought Raquel kicked Duke's butt all 3 rounds.

Thank you!

That fight was above average at best. I think Duke took the first round just due to Raquel's inactivity / complacency to stay on the outside.

Still, that fight was more of a sparring match. The two would clash, then immediately back up to distance. Raquel had that fight in the bag, but never capitalized. Whenever Duke was hurt she'd cover up her head and stagger backwards, but Raquel would never pressure. The body was there the whole fight, just asking to be hit.

Though Raquel was complacent in staying on the outside, she was still landing the cleaner punches and slipping her to the side of most of the strikes. Duke's willingness to engage and length made it an ugly fight, but there was a clear cut winner by the end.

I don't think it was Duke's skill standing that kept the fight at range, but rather Raquel's willingness to try and fight on the outside. It gave the first round away, but once she found her rhythm, Duke was never able to adjust.

It wasn't a bad fight by any means, but it's been really overrated. I don't know if people are just hot on these two fighters or if all the marketing is paying off.

The fight was far from "best ever"... but was a solid effort by both girls and I was definitely entertained by it. Otherwise Miesha looked outstanding at the pool party... and I like Ronda less and less every episode. She comes off as such a poor sport and cry baby...

Refuse to watch this season but after all the talk, found a vid of the fight.

You see fights as good as that on every prelim card of the UFC. But coz its the women, it automatically gets bigged up as being better than it actually was. Like WMMA in general.

It was two rookie fighters having a scrappy 3 round battle, you can see that on any regional circuit fight card, and probably with better records than 3-3 and 2-0-1. It's pathetic how much hype they're trying to lather onto the women on TUF 18, I feel sorry for the male fighters who while not being anything to shout about, are more complete than the women but are being completely overlooked.

Ronda gets very attached to her fighters, i like that.

They are an extension of her. Nothing more.

Ive got my mind made up with her. She's got an awful attitude and I truly wonder how many beatings it will take to humble her.

Thinking back to the video of dana, ronda, and miesha getting together to watch the first episode, ronda KNEW she was going to look horrible. Its not editing. Flicking off miesha while she gestured a handshake? Shit, did rondas team shake hands? Even high school teams shake hands..

I don't see tate beating her cuz ronda is too explosive. Id almost just weather rondas storm and let her tire out. With her emotions doing all the driving, I'd bet ronda will gas past round 1.

Yep you are right
Dana is known to buy fighters a ticket to sit next to him at a top price for a Mayweather fight if they will not be a UFC fighter

:rolleyes:

dfe48c241e1e11e3a59b22000a9f3c66_7.jpg

Maybe Dana just wants his d*ck sucked?

Did anyone else notice the phat ass that came out of nowhere when Raquel was sparring?

Anyways, I really enjoyed the fight. Great effort from both girls.

LOL @ Team Rousey bitching over team Tate's pranks. I hope it continues, seeing RR lose her cool is good entertainment.

Dunny whats creepier the lack of skill in the woman fights or Ronda's laugh.
Right now I'm switching fast forward to the fights, because the talk is boring as fuck.
Then if it's a woman fight it's even more boring and I fast forward to the end of it.
2min of tuf every second week.

Thank you!
Still, that fight was more of a sparring match. The two would clash, then immediately back up to distance. Raquel had that fight in the bag, but never capitalized. Whenever Duke was hurt she'd cover up her head and stagger backwards, but Raquel would never pressure. The body was there the whole fight, just asking to be hit.

It was that Muay Thai clinch for knees to the face that kept Duke away

I thought Rhonda might make it through a whole episode without doing something stupid again, but she managed to flip off Tate and tell her to have sexual intercourse with herself when she comes to shake hands after the fight. Rhonda is one classy girl if I've ever seen one.

Once again, instead of a preview of how next week's fight goes down with the boys, we have yet another valuable segment on Team Tate's pranks.

I thought Rhonda might make it through a whole episode without doing something stupid again, but she managed to flip off Tate and tell her to have sexual intercourse with herself when she comes to shake hands after the fight. Rhonda is one classy girl if I've ever seen one.

Her actions on TUF just make me wanna bone her even more.
I can't be the only one.

And someone get a damn gif or video of Ronda's ass jiggle

They are currently talking about Duke Thai Clinch game.

Miriam Nakamoto crushed Duke like she was a child.

Why is Miriam Nakamoto not fighting in the UFC?

Because she will be signed directly.

*Cross fingers*

Back