TUF weight cuts

FGomez

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
How can fighters cut weight three times a short period of time during the show?

They often move up in weight for the show so that they don't have to. Diego and Florian fought at MW on TUF, they later fought at FW.

I've wondered about this as well, but I'm guessing they eat keto "styled" diets the entire time on the show to help with the cut. Can't be eating normally since carbs and sodium binds the water.

They often move up in weight for the show so that they don't have to. Diego and Florian fought at MW on TUF, they later fought at FW.
Good point, never thought about it but it makes sense.

Outside of diets or moving up in weight the most
common practice I've heard of is cutting minimum
weight before departing for TUF so they don't have
to cut globs of weight on TUF and risk being wiped
for the season.

Keeping a strict diet since before entering and keeping it inside the TUF house. Dunno if they're having such a good eating behavior.
I know many fighters goes up one weight class so they have to keep in fighting weight but not cut water weight during the show cos doing in that brief period isn't that good.

Watched a lot of seasons of the show and it doesn't look like they each much. When they do it is usually pretty healthy stuff. Could also explain why a lot of fighters get so emotional on the show.

It's a good thing that weight cuts are totally harmless.

UFC-worst-weight-cuts.jpg

Seriously though, on TUF they seem to perpetuate the idea of weight cutting being no big deal. I mean they milk it for the drama (they have to fill an hour of TV somehow) or comedic effect (Gabe Ruediger with his cake and colonics), but don't address how it's a problem in the sport.

It's a good thing that weight cuts are totally harmless.

UFC-worst-weight-cuts.jpg

Seriously though, on TUF they seem to perpetuate the idea of weight cutting being no big deal. I mean they milk it for the drama (they have to fill an hour of TV somehow) or comedic effect (Gabe Ruediger with his cake and colonics), but don't address how it's a problem in the sport.
That pic of rumble looks absolutely disgusting. Almost like a poster for "sponsor a starving child"

Back