Turinabol, Trace Metabolites, the Frank Mir Case

Yeah it's sucked . When I lift my arm up now over my head now it looks like a tendon is protruding out of my armpit. I went to a really good sports doctor who works with a lot of pro athletes and its healing. I don't know when I'll ever be able to train any grappling though.
Is it just (well, not JUST but you know what i mean) a bundle of severed and contracted lat muscle that's retreated into your armpit?

I've seen other muscle and tendon tears that present that way. Achilles and bicepts ...

I have NO idea what your options are for a tear of that magnitude but I hate to say that surgery may be required.

I'm fucking sorry that happened to you. I hope you recover 100% and don't need any surgery, man.

From what I remember, Frank passed a test 4 weeks before the fight, and then failed one the week of the fight, but the failure was for 'trace amounts' which would make no sense, since he cleared the test 4 weeks previous. Just to add to the weirdness of the case.

People made fun of the 'kangaroo meat' idea but Frank says he doesn't take anything at all, not even legal stuff that could have been tainted, which is why he said he was so confused and all he could think of racking his brain was maybe tainted meat in Australia.
Just to reiterate, I believe @dimspace mentioned that a possible reason for the passed test might have been that that specific test did not include the turinabol protocol.

I dont know though, the whole turinabol test sounds pretty slip-shod, scientifically. Certainly not 'beyond reasonable doubt' burden of proof (to me ).

Last edited:
Is it just (well, not JUST but you know what i mean) a bundle of severed and contracted lat muscle that's retreated into your armpit?

I've seen other muscle and tendon tears that present that way. Achilles and bicepts ...

I have NO idea what your options are for a tear of that magnitude but I hate to say that surgery may be required.

I'm fucking sorry that happened to you. I hope you recover 100% and don't need any surgery, man.
Thanks they said I shouldn't need surgery. Just gotta rest it.

its not Trenbelone.....its actually spelled Trenbolone
Trombone_1606.png

Tldr...but props for the unexpected Voltaire quote.

From what I remember, Frank passed a test 4 weeks before the fight, and then failed one the week of the fight, but the failure was for 'trace amounts' which would make no sense, since he cleared the test 4 weeks previous. Just to add to the weirdness of the case.

People made fun of the 'kangaroo meat' idea but Frank says he doesn't take anything at all, not even legal stuff that could have been tainted, which is why he said he was so confused and all he could think of racking his brain was maybe tainted meat in Australia.

This is all explained in the post.

The "pass" and then "fail" is very possibly because the first sample not subjects to the new test

The "trace metabolite" is exactly the point of the new test. It looks for a metabolite of turinabol (m3) that remains in the body months are the turinabol has gone

(wonders if peteyandjia read the post)

Turinabol is around, but overrated in my opinion, basically dbol without the bloat.

And doesn't produce estrogen which is why it remains popular (and historically it had a low detection window)

Turin makes perfect sense for a fighter looking for a slight edge with little estrogenic side effects. The short detection time is just the icing on the cake.

The only downside is the 17aa of the oral version can wreck your liver but who cares you cant see that anyway. That is until your eyeballs turn yellow from jaundice lol

hasnt frank been a cheater for a while now?

Just to reiterate, I believe @dimspace mentioned that a possible reason for the passed test might have been that that specific test did not include the turinabol protocol.

I dont know though, the whole turinabol test sounds pretty slip-shod, scientifically. Certainly not 'beyond reasonable doubt' burden of proof (to me ).
I think at least the majority of cases are legit. I don't think we'd be seeing a pile of positives almost entirely from former soviet block countries if that wasn't the case, it'd be far more spread out.

I think at least the majority of cases are legit. I don't think we'd be seeing a pile of positives almost entirely from former soviet block countries if that wasn't the case, it'd be far more spread out.

The test most definitely identifies a turinabol metabolite, so the positive from former socket block where turinabol was widely used is no surprise

I think the Russian question is "could anything else cause the m3 metabolite to be present"

Theoretically its possible, but unlikely.

The chief defence at the moment appears to be that that possibility hasn't been scientifically proven or disproven, and the argument made that the possibility has not been properly investigated.

This is what we are seeing in the Russian cases. "yes, that metabolite is left from turinabol, but could anything else cause it"

As said before, my bigger issue is (outside of the mir case) with things detectable months after administration, for the athlete, establishing cause becomes much more difficult.

It did something to my tissue that made muscle and joint injuries FAR more likely, especially sub wrestling or anytime I'd have to fully engage a group of muscle fibers.

I wish i knew the actual mechanism but all I can say is that my muscles felt 'dry' and never fully warm and loose ... I am extremely flexible from training striking and grappling but on tren, things just didn't feel right.

Last day of a year long intensive coaching course and I shot a double on my buddy and my hammy felt like a rubber band that snapped in the middle. Red hot knife feeling immediately after. That's when I finally got it through my thick skull that tren was absolutely not appropriate for my sport.

I never looked better, though, lol. That poison is all show and no go. It can even give a chemical taste IN YOUR MOUTH immediately after an IM injection in the glute!

Poison.

I hope your brother recovered 100%. I was injured for about 8-10 weeks but evidently did not tear enough to notice an appreciable loss of performance after recovering.

My brother tore his completely loose playing softball. He had to have it surgically reattached and has never fully recovered. The surgical doctor said it was the first ham tear he had ever done or heard of in Chattanooga.

Fucking Tren. Makes you strong and look great but brittle as hell. Nasty chemical crap.

Tore my hammy shooting a double - absolutely no reason.

Shit's poison.
Did you want to tear shit up in the gym because of it? Tren makes you a little impatient, I hear.

Did you want to tear shit up in the gym because of it? Tren makes you a little impatient, I hear.
Haha, not really, I've always been a moody fucker and had a bit of a fucked up childhood so I've had to develop ways to manage that. I've had to find and use constructive methods to tap into agression when I'm being a pussy, pump the breaks and chill the fuck out when I'm feeling irritable or angry and shift out of avoidant anti-social behaviors, etc just to be a healthy, functional person - all stuff I have to do anyway to just live 'normally' anyway - lol.

This is all an over-simplification, I am definitely NOT saying I just decided to 'not be a pussy' like Tim Kennedy says. I have very specific systems and mechanisms for keeping my shit together.

Compared to my normal rollercoaster ride, controlling my moods on AAS was sometimes challenging but I would meditate, journal, have sex, train and spar hard, lift heavy and just do whatever I had to to get the energy flowing the right direction (if that even makes sense).

If anything, I tried NOT to become more aggressive (unless I needed that for grappling or sparring with high level guys).

There's a quote floating around, I forget who said it (Ducane?) "Stupid people shouldn't do steroids". Sometimes I'd run that through my head just to remind myself to use my head and chill.

Sorry for the novel! Obviously, all this stuff is very interesting to me.

So sorry for hijacking so intolerably, @dimspace !

Further proof that Fedor was better than the early 2000s ufc guys.

And doesn't produce estrogen which is why it remains popular (and historically it had a low detection window)
The fact is, it doesn't really remain popular. I know a few big ug labs very well and they say it's not a very big seller. That's why not everyone carries it since the powders are expensive and the demand isn't there. All orals have a low detection window. I love winstrol but it's not all that popular for mma since it drys up joints. Var is the best choice, since it actually improves collagen synthesis and makes you a lot stronger.

And this is why I have been saying, people would be shocked to find out what goes down here. They have these promotional parties here that the fighters have to go to. At these parties, I have heard rumors of people paying people to spike drinks and food with things that will make you pop on a drug test.

Back