Turinabol, Trace Metabolites, the Frank Mir Case

giphy.gif

Muppet

552069068045421e39ef8bae457c7277.jpg

USADA planted steroids in Mir's food because they were tired of him being so unbeatable (unless his opponents got stupidly lucky) and handsome and awesome and good as hell

Tell them @Peteyandjia

80% of people I know that used tren loved the gains but said the shit that comes with made them hate and not use it again.
Couldn't agree more. Nightmarish sides.

USADA planted steroids in Mir's food because they were tired of him being so unbeatable (unless his opponents got stupidly lucky) and handsome and awesome and good as hell

Tell them @Peteyandjia

giphy.gif

TLDR Version

+ A shit ton of people tested positive for Turinabol in the last few years, Frank, Baseball players,Weight Lifters

+ Back in 2012 a Russian Doctor reported a new test for Turinabol that rather than looking for the Turinabol itself which has a short half life, looks for a newly discovered metabolite of Turinabol that can stay in the system for months.

+ The same doctor who published this paper was also doping Russian athletes for years with Turinabol and other steroids. (and only published the paper once the russian athletes had moved on from Turinabol to Trenbolone - the aim being to catch Russias rivals)

+ this the test that caught Mir and why he refers to "trace metabolites", its the newly detected metabolite that was present

+ a russian doctor from a lab in moscow has questioned the test saying that WADA just took the test on without proper discussion and the test may not be accurate

+ WADA have said the test is accurate and the fact they are catching people proves it

+ none of this particularly explains what will happen to Frank, or if he is innocent/guilty, but it does explain how it is he was "caught" and why he refers to "trace metabolites" a lot

+ The timeline now means that Frank could have taken the Turinabol any time in the months preceding the test collection, making it almost impossible to find if there was a contaminated source responsible.

I think this thread deserves to go back to the front page

Tell them @Peteyandjia
wow so them doing it to jones now isnt the first time? further proof that Jon is innocent.

trace metabolites for Jones would be more logical than him being clean for all out of comp tests and then deciding to take this on the day of the weigh-ins, dooming himself for sure. who knows, but at least it makes more sense. then again, a lot of things surrounding JJ don't.

How long does it take for turinabol to completely clear out of your system? Wikipedia says the half-life is 16 hours, is Jon so stupid he took something the day before?

How long does it take for turinabol to completely clear out of your system? Wikipedia says the half-life is 16 hours, is Jon so stupid he took something the day before?
They probably detected a metabolite that stays for a whole lot longer. That's why he took it in the first place, he thought it was going to be undetectable.

Frank's body contained trace metabolites circulating around for years and years.

Stemming from the time he took whole wagon of the stuff to gain 25 pounds in 5 months.

10th ofJuly 2009 UFC 100: 245 pounds

091110-UFC-100-WEIGH-IN-FRANK-MIR-MCNEIL-128.jpg

12th of December 2009 UFC 107: 265+ pounds :eek:

mir-kongo-weigh003.jpg

Rumor in high lever roider' circles is that Dennis Wolf still sometimes wakes up like:

giphy.webp

recalling Frank Mir's cycle in his fever tormented dreams.

fascinating stuff, thanks for the post.

i feel like if there were an issue with the validity of the test it would have been found by now... definitely feel like it paints the testee as guilty, though obv i don't know the detailed biology and chemistry of it all... very interesting stuff

at first I was going to troll post tldr but it's actually interesting

Turin makes perfect sense for a fighter looking for a slight edge with little estrogenic side effects. The short detection time is just the icing on the cake.

The only downside is the 17aa of the oral version can wreck your liver but who cares you cant see that anyway. That is until your eyeballs turn yellow from jaundice lol
after doing some research i reckon the same as you. sliht edge, little downsides and maybe the doc jon and frank have happens to be selling a good concoction that he claims is impossible to detect

The original message brought to you by the shertard law and medical firm.

Ahh the lengths Jones huggers will go to to justify a steroid cheat

Back