Turkey techniques

shockaholic12

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What's yours? In b4 make the women do it. My girl doesn't eat poultry.

Had success this year, not a shred of turkey left by the guests. I did the "America's Test Kitchen" method.

36-48 hours before cooking take the thawed turkey and rub a couple tablespoons of kosher salt and a little sugar UNDERNEATH the breast and leg skin. Seasons and tenderizes the flesh while also making air pockets under the skin to let it crisp.

Then put it back in the fridge uncovered for a day or two till cooking time. Let's the skin air-dry so it crisps in the oven better.

Preheat oven to 500 with roasting pan inside. Make slurry of a little baking powder and oil and brush it on skin, shit makes it extra crispy. Put oil in hot ass pan and put turkey right in there, cover breast meat with foil to protect. Turn oven to 425 for 45 min to cook the dark meat, uncover a finish off at 325 to cook the white meat. Let cool for 45 mins.

Best I've ever had.

HarOHaU.gif

77Wl7Ce.jpg

Qq5sVna.jpg

Injected with some garlic and herb marinade...divine.

Last edited:
I figured out that the best way to have a nice moist turkey is to roast it breast down in the oven at 250 degrees for 12 hours then turn it up to 400 for the last 10 minutes. I heard the 250 for 12 method from a radio program. A restaurant that makes take out turkey dinners and cooks over 100 turkeys in the same oven does that so they're all done at the same time. It doesn't matter what size the turkey is. It makes it easy to get the Turkey ready and put it in the oven before going to bed. Set the timer to start the oven 12 hours before you want to take it out of the oven. You hardly have to cut it as it comes right off the bones.

I just go to the woman's parents / sisters / relatives place and let them cook for me while I grace them with my presence.

I just go to the woman's parents / sisters / relatives place and let them cook for me while I grace them with my presence.

I wish but the women in my life don't respect a juicy bird as much as me. I leave them to crush the sides and pies and bring me beers.

I brined mine overnight. Took some diced potatoes, apples and pears placed those in the tray. Added some chicken broth to that, then took the turkey out patted it dry, placed on the tray, stuffed it with left over apples and pears.

Baked it at 325.

Turned out moist, tender and full of flavor.

I fuck the cavity a few times before cooking. keeps it really moist.

Keep one of the drumsticks to gnaw on and throw the rest out the door into the back alley so my guests can go in the alley and eat the freakin' bird if they're really hungry.

Back