Turkey, the Kurds, and Syria(Kurds Reach Afrin Deal with Syrian Government Forces)

And I think it is time we get involved to protect our historical allies
so nato is essentially non existent? because allies you know?
btw the strategy was always and always be opportunistic

so nato is essentially non existent? because allies you know?
btw the strategy was always and always be opportunistic

#1 I do not believe Turkey should be in NATO.
#2 Turkey is not an Ally in any meaningful sense of the word.
#3 Our opportunity should be to establish Kurdistan on the map which will be much more helpful to our interests in the area.

#1 I do not believe Turkey should be in NATO.
#2 Turkey is not an Ally in any meaningful sense of the word.
#3 Our opportunity should be to establish Kurdistan on the map which will be much more helpful to our interests in the area.
{<redford}

total bullshit
turkey is an historical geopolitical (probably the biggest) ally (against russia)
kurds are only used to break up syria, then will be abandoned like usual
you cannot have kurdistan and turkey as allies at the same time

Turks finally appear to have set up a post near Al Eis (where the convoy that got attacked was heading) and now they are trading artillery fire with regime forces.

Kurdish dude being beaten while interrogated about anti tank missles

I will stop being lazy and post a proper update later today

Lots of fighters deployed from SDF held eastern Syria to Afrin including Yazidi militias.

DVXEthaXcAM-cum.jpg

US troops in Kurdish uniform may be targeted by Olive Branch forces – Turkish Deputy PM

5a76f344fc7e93b4488b4568.jpg

Armed men identified as US special operations forces ride in the back of a pickup truck in northern Syria, May 25, 2016 / DELIL SOULEIMAN / AFP

US troops fighting alongside Syrian Kurdish militias in the same uniform may be targeted by the Turkish army due to the difficulty of distinguishing them in the heat of battle, Turkey’s Deputy PM has warned.
The unambiguous warning comes at a time when Turkish troops are making further advances into the Kurdish-held Syrian province of Afrin as part of ‘Operation Olive Branch’. Previously, Ankara complained that the American troops’ embedding with Kurdish militias – regarded as terrorists in Turkey – is unacceptable for the US-Turkish alliance

https://www.rt.com/news/417832-turkey-target-us-troops-kurds/

US troops in Kurdish uniform may be targeted by Olive Branch forces – Turkish Deputy PM

5a76f344fc7e93b4488b4568.jpg

Armed men identified as US special operations forces ride in the back of a pickup truck in northern Syria, May 25, 2016 / DELIL SOULEIMAN / AFP

US troops fighting alongside Syrian Kurdish militias in the same uniform may be targeted by the Turkish army due to the difficulty of distinguishing them in the heat of battle, Turkey’s Deputy PM has warned.
The unambiguous warning comes at a time when Turkish troops are making further advances into the Kurdish-held Syrian province of Afrin as part of ‘Operation Olive Branch’. Previously, Ankara complained that the American troops’ embedding with Kurdish militias – regarded as terrorists in Turkey – is unacceptable for the US-Turkish alliance

https://www.rt.com/news/417832-turkey-target-us-troops-kurds/

giphy.gif

But in all honesty I guarantee that If US servicemen get killed our government will just bury it without the public knowing to avoid war.

giphy.gif

But in all honesty I guarantee that If US servicemen get killed our government will just bury it without the public knowing to avoid war.
If this keeps up it's just a matter of when in my opinion

Not good.

US military strikes pro-regime forces in Syria after coming under attack

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/07/politics/us-strikes-pro-regime-forces-syria/index.html

(CNN)The US-led coalition fighting ISIS in Syria conducted strikes against pro-regime forces in Syria Wednesday, the coalition said in a statement.

The coalition said the strikes were carried out after forces allied to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad "initiated an unprovoked attack" against a well-established Syrian Democratic Forces headquarters where coalition advisers were working with US-backed Syrian fighters.

A US official told CNN that the attackers crossed the Euphrates River and were armed with artillery and other weapons. The US official said that US forces in the region counterattacked using artillery and aircraft.

(CNN)The US-led coalition fighting ISIS in Syria conducted strikes against pro-regime forces in Syria Wednesday, the coalition said in a statement.

The coalition said the strikes were carried out after forces allied to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad "initiated an unprovoked attack" against a well-established Syrian Democratic Forces headquarters where coalition advisers were working with US-backed Syrian fighters.

A US official told CNN that the attackers crossed the Euphrates River and were armed with artillery and other weapons. The US official said that US forces in the region counterattacked using artillery and aircraft.

The official added that no US personnel were killed or wounded in the engagement.

The official added that it was unclear exactly who the pro-regime forces were but the US is looking into whether Russian contractors operating in the vicinity might have been involved but added that there is no direct evidence yet that the Russians fired on the Syrian Democratic Forces facility where the US advisers were located. The official said they have not ruled out that Iranian backed-forces might have also been involved in the attack.

"In defense of coalition and partner forces, the coalition conducted strikes against attacking forces to repel the act of aggression against partners engaged in the Global Coalition's defeat-Daesh mission," the coalition statement said, using the Arabic acronym for ISIS.

The coalition said the attack took place in the Middle Euphrates River Valley, eight kilometers east of the agreed upon "de-confliction" line which is designed to separate Russian-backed regime troops and US-backed forces in Syria.

The official added that it was unclear exactly who the pro-regime forces were but the US is looking into whether Russian contractors operating in the vicinity might have been involved but added that there is no direct evidence yet that the Russians fired on the Syrian Democratic Forces facility where the US advisers were located. The official said they have not ruled out that Iranian backed-forces might have also been involved in the attack.

I"m sorry but the parts that I bolded and underscored are just not believable to me. This shit stinks of complete bullshit. Anyone with a brain can see what were doing here. Make believe scenarios to justify us staying in Syria (even further) and allowing us even a bigger bone to pick by saying Assad and Russia (possibly) attacked us.

An initiated and unprovoked attack is the last thing in the world Syria and Assad would want to do. Assad is looking for more reasons as to not have us in his country. Why in the world would he let this gift wrap in perfection happen. And russian contractors? Give me a break.

The drums of warmongering must continue to beat loud and hard! I mean after all, we have this nifty 700 billion plus military budget to justify :rolleyes:

U.S. counter-attack in Syria included Air Force AC-130 gunships, F-15s, F-22s, Army Apache helicopter gunships and Marine Corps artillery killing 100 Russian and Assad-backed fighters in 3-hour battle beginning around midnight last night.
Well that sounds quite intense

not sure where this is headed, because isis is basically done (as trump said multiple times), so what's the reason for staying there?
with turkeys major involvement now the opposition will basically break apart.

I"m sorry but the parts that I bolded and underscored are just not believable to me. This shit stinks of complete bullshit. Anyone with a brain can see what were doing here. Make believe scenarios to justify us staying in Syria (even further) and allowing us even a bigger bone to pick by saying Assad and Russia (possibly) attacked us.

An initiated and unprovoked attack is the last thing in the world Syria and Assad would want to do. Assad is looking for more reasons as to not have us in his country. Why in the world would he let this gift wrap in perfection happen. And russian contractors? Give me a break.

The drums of warmongering must continue to beat loud and hard! I mean after all, we have this nifty 700 billion plus military budget to justify :rolleyes:

Regime thought they'd have easy time capturing gas fields from rather lightly armed SDF forces. They were wrong.

Strelkov is saying that two units of Wagner PMC got pretty much annihilated in the attack aswell.

not sure where this is headed, because isis is basically done (as trump said multiple times), so what's the reason for staying there?
with turkeys major involvement now the opposition will basically break apart.
Our new strategy outline for Syria now is to;

1. Remove Assad
2. Disrupt and eventually topple Iran.

I'm not kidding; This strategy aims to prevent Islamic State militants from returning to areas recently conquered from them, U.S. officials say. But Tillerson articulated a number of other goals for the new policy, including rolling back Iranian influence, defeating al-Qaeda and securing a peaceful settlement of the Syrian conflict that excludes President Bashar al-Assad.

The Turkish government, has criminalized dissent , arresting those who are publicly critical of the Turkish military offensive in Syria.

The leftwing HDP party is pro minority rights , egalitarian and pro feminism. The party is allied with the Kurdish DBP party. The leader of the HDP criticized the Turkish offensive in Afrin Syria, resulting in the Erdogan gov. issuing an arrest warrant for his arrest.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-orders-arrest-pro-kurdish-party-leader-agency-093940819.html

Erdogan again showing his ethnic tribal agenda. He is an ethnic Turk nationalist, who sees the Kurds as a threat. Being an Islamist does not preclude one from being a racial / ethnic nationalist. Both the Allies and the Germans were White supremacist but they still couldn't agree on who gets control over what. In the same way, the secular military regime that ruled Turkey were Turkish nationalists, but so to is Erdogan.

The MiddleEast ain't going to do away with its ethnic and sectarian chauvinism within our lifetimes. Turkey is a country with a MiddleEastern mindset. Turkey's support for Erdogan exposed Western delusions about Turkey. Europe has to be dumber than dumb and suicidal to let Turkey inside the gates. Instead of Western Europe changing the tribal mindset of the Turks, the Turks and other MENA folk will change Western Europe , forcing Western Europe to regress to time when clannishness and tribalism was the norm. So called anti-racists and Muslims within Europe will scream "racism" and "Islamophobia" while hypocritically advocating for a xenophobic and racist mindset.

With the high Kurdish birthrate (relative to non-Kurds in Turkey), the greedy Turks may have to contend sharing all of Turkey with the Kurds, because they can't stand an independent Kurdistan. Sort of like Israel; where Israeli greed for the West Bank has pretty much destroyed an independent Palestine. Resulting in Israel having to accept the Palestinians inside a single Israeli state. Malaysia on the other hand did the smart thing and allowed ethnic Chinese majority Singapore to break away.

Last edited:
Back