Turns out Tom Petty died of an accidental overdose

Well done on a month clean mate. I'm 3 years off heroin in April after 9 years of use. I was basically a junkie for the whole of my 20s. Looking back I'm so ashamed but I'm just so glad to be clean

Post acute withdrawals are the worst, but stay strong man and stay away from addict friends and get a new number so dealers don't be bugging you to buy their shit
Good for you man. Withdrawal is the worst. It was weird i just woke up and said done with this shit forever.

Good for you man. Withdrawal is the worst. It was weird i just woke up and said done with this shit forever.
Yeah I came to a point where I wasn't enjoying it anymore, was suicidal over the shit. If I didn't quit I would have put a noose around my neck

It's a mugs game, having to use everyday just to not feel sick. Fuck that shit. I moved across country to get away from the drug scene. I wouldn't be here today to tell this if I hadnt

Yeah I came to a point where I wasn't enjoying it anymore, was suicidal over the shit. If I didn't quit I would have put a noose around my neck

It's a mugs game, having to use everyday just to not feel sick. Fuck that shit. I moved across country to get away from the drug scene. I wouldn't be here today to tell this if I hadnt
I feel exactly what your saying. The euphoria/fun is gone and you Take it just to feel normal

The first thing is to recognize the reality of the situation. Most drug users do not cause damage to society. I believe it's single digits across all substances. Stop trying to arrest drug users, and focus your attention on the small number that are problematic users.

Our treatment programs should be changed. Drug abuse is often times a reflection of a withdrawal from society. Portugal decided to try and focus on societal reintegration. This includes vocational training, as a person with a career is far less likely to continue abusing drugs.

We need to focus more on harm reduction immediately. Needle exchange, clean injection sites, etc. This helps prevent the spread of HIV, hepatitis, and other diseases that spread through shared needles.

Lastly, we need to allow for legalized drug sales. That's the only way to destroy the cartels. It would also ensure safer drugs for all drug users, those that are problematic and not problematic.

We also need to allow better research into the medicinal benefits of LSD, MDMA, Ketamine, and psilocybin. Those drugs have shown tremendous promise for treatment of depression, PTSD, and other mental illnesses. It's shameful to force people to suffer through those conditions when we have better options.

Unfortunately, this isn't going to happen yet. We'll continue the same strategy that hasn't worked and will never work.

Drug users account for most of the crime in my local area and I suspect it is true elsewhere. I had my house broken into by people who were on probation for drug use and I live in a very low crime area. The only approach I can see that would work is to execute drug users or give them free drugs until they kill themselves with the drugs. You can't fix stupid. On Thursday 5 men in a local city were arrested for drug sales and robbery. One was released on bail Friday and tried to rob a cab driver that same night.

A week ago on Live PD they had a guy OD for the third time in a week. Addicts can't work but they need money to buy drugs so they steal it. Get them a job so they have money and they buy drugs and don't make it back to work. Employers have figured out that drug users don't make good employees which is why they drug test.

I smoked weed a lot when I was younger. I smoke some weed now.

Guess how much coke I've done? Zero.

Heroin? Zero.

Pills? Zero.

Only weed. Maybe I'm the abnormal one on not doing more after weed.

Nah. I'm the exact same way and so are all my friends. I've never even seen cocaine in my life, I don't even drink.

Pretty boring so no one cares, but ya seems pretty normal to me lol

It sounds to me like he might have gotten some Oxycodone pills off the street and they were probably fakes that had been pressed and cut with Fentanyl. That's a huge thing that's going on across the country and accounts for an insane high percentage of overdoses. Almost every single time it's someone trying to buy heroin or regular painkillers off the street, and the substance has been cut with Fentanyl for the profit margin. Because these idiots who are cutting drugs with Fentanyl are cutting the drugs while stoned and in a kitchen with gas station scales and cooking utensils, you get inconsistencies in the mix. One pressed pill or bag could have 10ug (yeah that's microgram) which will make you feel good and another couple wind up with 300 ug that'll make you drop so dead that Narcan won't help you.

Fentanyl is crazy shit and dealers are killing people with it. Just a little pile the size of a match head is enough to make people overdose. And now people are using this stuff called carfentanil which is like an elephant tranquilizer. It's so strong it's basically a biological weapon.

Legit fucked. I just drink beer and shit post on sherdog instead. Elephant disk pills kill.

The idea that marijuana is a gateway drug has been debunked for 40 years. It's silly to continue pushing that narrative.

Find cocaine or meth users who never used marijuana and I might believe the marijuana users that push the narrative that it doesn't lead to other drug use. People climb the ladder looking for the higher high. Some might stop on the lower rungs of a slight buzz of alcohol or marijuana. Many abuse the legal drugs. If marijuana alone solves all of peoples problems, why do so many use it and other drugs. In many of these celebrity deaths, they are found to have multiple drugs including marijuana. Any drug can influence a person's judgement. I had a relative killed by a woman driving under the influence of marijuana. She didn't even stop after running over him. Another motorist followed her and called the police. This was at 3 in the afternoon.

Find cocaine or meth users who never used marijuana and I might believe the marijuana users that push the narrative that it doesn't lead to other drug use. People climb the ladder looking for the higher high.

The fact that many people who use cocaine, meth, or other "harder drugs" have also used marijuana does not mean they tried those other drugs because they tried marijuana, which is what the gateway drug hypothesis states. How many people who tried marijuana started out drinking, smoking, or even getting buzzed off of adderall or other prescriptions?

Some might stop on the lower rungs of a slight buzz of alcohol or marijuana. Many abuse the legal drugs.

This is basically the current believe. Every individual has a certain appetite for drugs. For some people it is zero drugs, for others it is every drug. That is an individual choice. Criminalizing drugs has not stopped people from using them. It has made them dangerous and expensive, but not unobtainable.

If marijuana alone solves all of peoples problems, why do so many use it and other drugs.

Marijuana doesn't solve all of people's problems. It can solve a lot of problems and some people lean toward hyperbole when talking about it.

If you are using drugs for a recreational experience it doesn't seem ridiculous to try multiple drugs. If you are looking for a psychedelic experience you may try shrooms, LSD, Peyote, etc. These all provide different experiences.

In many of these celebrity deaths, they are found to have multiple drugs including marijuana.

And? Marijuana didn't kill them. What does it matter if they used marijuana?

Any drug can influence a person's judgement. I had a relative killed by a woman driving under the influence of marijuana. She didn't even stop after running over him. Another motorist followed her and called the police. This was at 3 in the afternoon.

Drugs can, and do, influence a person's judgement. It is irresponsible to drive impaired whether it's marijuana, alcohol, prescription drugs, etc. They should be punished for that.

Back