Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Look at Dinah Drake's New Black Canary Costume in ARROW Season 6

000259171hr.jpg

THE GIFTED Character Promos Including First Look at Polaris

Didn't realize this season of Fear the Walking Dead had started up until I did a DirectTVNow trial a couple weeks ago, saw I'd missed the first few eps. Streamed a couple but man, I'm out. Nothing about it to keep me interested. And I'm extremely forgiving once I've decided to buy in. This is actually pretty rare for me to just give up on a show that's still going.

Shooter season 2 starts tomorrow... I think, looking forward to it, first season was good.

Shantel+VanSanten+Eva+Longoria+Rally+Kids+qZdwCydQNOXl.jpg

{<tongue}

Full Trailer for OUTLANDER Season 3 on Starz

I'm going to let the whole of the season finish of Shooter then watch it, got too many tv shows to finish watching, Modern Family full season 8, half of Brooklyn 99 Season 4, the whole of Fargo season 3, and currently watching Power

&

Desperate Housewives, currently on S6 :oops::p

I don't want to say anything at all about the plot, but there's a threat element I don't really like. Also, I'm not a fan of completely fictionalized accounts of historical figures... Even when we know almost nothing about the figure, who may never have even existed as a single entity.

All of that aside I'm definitely going to keep watching.
Watched the first episode of Will and I liked it. William is a very likable, underdog main character, easy to root for. Love the cast. I'm a fan of Jamie Campbell Bower and I think this is a great role for him. I like the look of it, it's grimy yet colorful. Alice looks so pure and clean (and pretty) in comparison to the background or the other women. Lol they even have a pseudo-rap battle.
I knew that the creator of the show is essentially Baz Luhrmann's writing partner, having co-written 4 of Luhrmann's 5 films, including Romeo + Juliet. Considering the director of the first three episodes also directed Elizabeth, I figured the show would be more in the grimy and authentic yet dramatic style of that film, rather than the colorful, flamboyant style of Luhrmann. I was a little surprised and at first disappointed that was not the case, but by the end of the first episode I came around to the approach. It fits with the concept of Shakespeare as a young man and theatre as the rock and roll of those times.

I like Will as a character a lot and the guy who plays him. Never seen Jamie Campbell Bower, but he seems like a good choice for the role. Marlowe is a very interesting character, and certainly an important figure in Shakespeare's life and early career. I also really like Colm Meany as James Burbage. Portraying Richard Burbage as not having developed his legendary acting ability is an interesting choice. Should be fun to watch him evolve into the greatest actor of his generation. Olivia DeJong as Alice Burbage is gorgeous, but as Dragon said perhaps a bit too clean and pure looking for the times. The rap battle is probably the greatest example of the pains they went to modernize the era, but it was pretty fun. It was cool to see Will use his poetry to defend himself like that.

Making Will Catholic is certainly an easy way to create some drama and danger. There is some thought that he may have been a secret Catholic in reality. I hated that grimy kid character, hopefully he gets killed off or just goes away. I did kind of like that Marlowe saved Will for the sake of art, and even sacrificed a bad playwright lmao.
OK, not who I was expecting at all... but she'll probably wear the hell out of that costume.

Following an extensive casting search This Is Us' Milana Vayntrub has landed the breakout role of Squirrel Girl in New Warriors.
That's a surprise.

This is kind of like when Stephan Bonnar walked out with Stitches.

I usually have a decent amount of TV shows to watch in the summer. Except for a few shows, I can't find anything decent to watch.

Comic-Con Trailer for VOLTRON: LEGENDARY DEFENDER Season 3

Said Taghmaoui Cast as the Main Villain for FX's LEGION Season 2

Cj4d6nr.png

David Haller's worst nightmare just became very, very real.

Wonder Woman actor Said Taghmaoui has been cast to play the role of Amahl Farouk on Legion, the comic book drama from FX and Fargo creator Noah Hawley, based on an obscure but vibrant corner of Marvel's X-Men universe. The news was announced Thursday at the show's official San Diego Comic-Con panel.

FX describes Farouk as a "villain with a thousand faces. In his real form, he is always nattily dressed. Dapper with a thin Clark Gable-style mustache. His eyes forever hidden behind a pair of ornate sunglasses. He was hip long before there was such an idea. He can seductively hold court on any topic and in any language, but his true passion lies in the singular timeless notion of power and amassing as much of it as possible.

"It is rumored he is the spawn of the first nightmare, which is fitting because fear is his weapon of choice in exposing weakness in others. To Farouk, fear equals weakness and he fears nothing. Which is why he takes such delight in seeing others squirm — a reminder he is more powerful than them."

Although Taghmaoui is new to Legion, Farouk is very much a known quantity. He has already appeared numerous times on the show, albeit with different names (like "Lenny") and faces (like "Aubrey Plaza"). He's alternately known as the Shadow King, one of the most powerful foes in the X-Men comics, and certainly one of the more elaborate villains from Marvel's mutant stable ever adapted for live-action.

Throughout the first season, Farouk haunted and terrorized virtually everybody in the Legion cast, most memorably David (Dan Stevens), the career mental patient who discovers he might not be insane, just an insanely powerful mutant. Frighteningly enough, Farouk rivals David's own telepathic abilities, which is why he spent so much of the young man's life living inside of his head.

As of the season two finale, David was finally free from Farouk, but at what cost? The long-lost mutant Oliver Bird (Jemaine Clement) was last seen hitting the open road as the new host of the Shadow King, with Plaza's Lenny riding shotgun. How does the inclusion of Taghmaoui as yet another face for Farouk impact both Clement and Plaza's work on the show? We'll have to wait for season two to find out.

For his part, Taghmaoui is already enjoying a strong year within the comic book genre, having appeared in Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman as Sameer, one of the hero's key allies in World War I. The actor's many credits include roles in Three Kings, The Kite Runner, G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and TV's Lost. He is repped by APA, Three Six Zero Group and Markham Frogatt & Irwin.

FX's Legion is expected to return for season two sometime in 2018.

'Legion' Casts 'Wonder Woman' Actor as Main Season 2 Villain

Comic-Con Trailer for SPACE GOTHAM KRYPTON on Syfy

Shooter season 2 premiered a few days ago.
Yeah I watched it, a good start to the season. Shooter is one of few shows I mentioned earlier, along with Dark Matter and Power.

I'm waiting till August comes for The Last Ship and Ray Donovan.

Comic-Con Trailer for THE WALKING DEAD Season 8

Comic-Con Trailer for FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Mid-Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back