Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The Sinner, Mr. Mercedes.

wtf is up with these shows & incest? GoT had to have paved the path for them to follow.

American Ninja Warrior stage 1

Waaah. Jesse was literally just a few feet from the finish line. The heartbreaking part was she wasn't even tired and could have easily climbed up the rope.

Alyssa Beard is the only female to make it to stage 2. She's good and all but I doubt she'll get pass stage 2. Jesse Graff on the other hand has a stronger chance of succeeding as shown in USA vs the World where she completed stage 2.

Kacy couldn't even get pass the 3rd obstacle. Not surprised. It's good she's retiring from ANW because she just doesn't have it anymore.

Drew Dreschel and Daniel Gil continue their dominance. I have a feeling one of these two will win the whole thing.

Finally saw the season 4 premiere of You're the Worst. But first I had to wiki the last few episodes to make sure I didn't skip an episode. I remember it now. What a dick move by Jimmy.

Anyway, I love the premiere episode and the drastic new environments for the characters. Jimmy has become a recluse, handyman, lolz. Gretchen is a wreck. Lindsay is now - gasp - mature (a bit). When I saw Lindsay the first time this episode, I was disappointed she wasn't wallowing in poverty (because I hate her!). But after a while, this new and more tolerable Lindsay grew on me.

Just watched the most recent episode. Lindsay is the least sexy woman in all of history. Jimmy is something of a moron right now.

God I missed this show. I hate having to wait a week for each episode.

After seeing Sarah Paulson and Elizabeth Moss appear in Jimmy Fallon last week, I'm now a semi-fan of the actresses thanks to their fun and lively personalities.

Now that my American Assassin review is finished (and since no one's clamoring for my American Made review which I can just finish on the weekend), I can finally catch up with some of my TV shows I missed in the past 2-3 days.

Stumbled upon this headline about former teen pop star Aaron Carter (brother of Backstreet Boy's Nick Carter). It's shocking to see him like this. He looks like he has teh AIDS.

Gave up on Narcos season 3 after 1 episode.

TRUE LIES TV Reboot from James Cameron Set at Fox

tAT0wMu.jpg

Two decades after its debut in theaters, True Lies is headed for the small screen.

Fox has handed out a sizable put-pilot commitment to a reboot of James Cameron's 1994 Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis action drama.

Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim will pen the script for the potential drama, which is said to be a modern version of the story about how a suburban couple adjusts when one of them is revealed to be a spy.

Cameron — who wrote, directed and produced the feature film — is attached as an exec producer. The drama hails from 20th Century Fox Television, whose feature arm produced the 1994 film. McG will exec produce and, should the script move forward, direct the pilot. McG's Wonderland Sound and Vision president Mary Viola and frequent Cameron collaborator Rae Sanchini of his Lightstorm Entertainment banner will also exec produce, with the latter having been credited in the same capacity on the movie.

For Guggenheim, True Lies marks his first broadcast project to come after the Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow EP exited his overall deal with Warner Bros. Television. The prolific comic book scribe maintains a full plate on the small screen with both DC Comics TV shows for The CW as well as Netflix's animated Trollhunters.

True Lies also marks Cameron's largest small-screen scripted project to date and brings the Avatar mastermind back to Fox after the network adapted his Terminator franchise for the small screen nearly 10 years ago.

McG, meanwhile, will expand his relationship with Fox, where he's attached to exec produce Ryan Murphy's upcoming 911 procedural as well as its Lethal Weapon reboot.

True Lies grossed $378.8 million worldwide (on a budget of $115 million). The action drama co-starring Tom Arnold, Bill Paxton, Eliza Dushku and Charlton Heston — itself a remake of the 1991 French comedy — earned Curtis a Golden Globe win for best actress.

'True Lies' TV Reboot From James Cameron Set at Fox

STITCHERS Canceled at Freeform After 3 Seasons

stitchers02.jpg

Freeform has a knot in Stitchers. The Disney-owned younger-skewing cable network has canceled the sci-fi procedural after three seasons.

The Jeffrey Alan Schechter-created series, which was produced in-house, launched as a high priority for Freeform president Tom Ascheim, who had long wanted a procedural on the network. It was one of the executive's first pilot pickups after he joined the then-ABC Family.

Stitchers wrapped its first season with an average viewership of more than 930,000 viewers, with the August finale sinking sharply since. The drama, which starred Emma Ishta, wrapped its run Aug. 14 with less than 400,000 total viewers.

The cancellation comes as Freeform continues to shift its programming strategy to "becomers," young adults who are experiencing a series of firsts like love and work. The network's upcoming slate includes Black-ish spinoff, Marvel's Cloak and Dagger as well as New Warriors and mermaid drama The Siren. The news comes as Freeform — which recently said farewell to flagship Pretty Little Liars — is coming off a strong summer with Famous in Love already renewed for season two and breakout The Bold Type awaiting a formal renewal.

Freeform's slate also includes Alone Together, Beyond, Shadowhunters and The Fosters.

'Stitchers' Canceled at Freeform After 3 Seasons

I was about to yell in rage so loud they could hear me in Hollywood when I saw the word reboot with True Lies. But since it is a TV show I guess I can hold my rage in for now.

I just wanna say that I love mondays (from a european point of view)
- Rick and Morty
- Get Shorty
- Ballers
- Last week tonight (?)
- Last Ship
- The Deuce
- (was supposed to add Fear the Walking Dead, but I think I have to bail on that one)

I just wanna say that I love mondays (from a european point of view)
- Rick and Morty
- Get Shorty
- Ballers
- Last week tonight (?)
- Last Ship
- The Deuce
- (was supposed to add Fear the Walking Dead, but I think I have to bail on that one)
Always glad to see another Last Ship fan.

Also good to know I'm not the only one who watches Get Shorty.

Reboot true lies is gonna be bad but I'll check it out
I said the same thing about the Lethal Weapon reboot, but it turned out to be one of my favorite shows last season.

@Loiosh You should be happy with this cancellation. ^

I'm not sure.

I barely remember it, to be honest. I seem to remember the girl being really hot, but the idea incredibly stupid. I only watched a few episodes.

Gave up on Narcos season 3 after 1 episode.

But why?

I enjoyed the season.

The first season was far and away the best, though.

Bojack Horseman is the most depressing animated show I have ever seen.

And ten times as smart as I thought after seeing the first season.

Has anyone seen the first season of Taken?

It seemed really bad so I didn't, but it made it to the end of a season so I may check it out.

Any feedback on it would be appreciated.

I almost want to see it just for Jennifer Beals, who has to be CGI, because she isn't aging. Seriously, she's 51 and looks 30.

jennifer-beals-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back