Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE STRAIN

Series finale was meh. Love the premise of the show but there's just something wrong with the way the story progressed and the character developed from the very start of the series.

Yes, Zack finally died. Wish it was in a more comeuppance kind of way or in a horrible death.

They should have let us see Quinlan's actual death, it would have had more impact if they did.
I really enjoyed the books, but just could not get into the show at all.

American Ninja Warrior season 9 finale

So bummed nobody made it past stage 3. But big props to everybody for a great run. I know there's no prize money but I hope they changed the rules and give some bonus to the ninjas who made it to stage 3 or even stage 2.

Official Trailer for VOLTRON: LEGENDARY DEFENDER Season 4

There's only one way to stop the Galra: together. Will the galaxy join the Voltron Coalition in time? Catch an all-new season of DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender, only on Netflix October 13!

Damon Lindelof Begins Production on WATCHMEN Series for HBO

After months of rumor, speculation, and debunking, it seems as though we’ll once again be able to watch The Watchmen.

A new photo posted to writer and producer Damon Lindelof’s Instagram page indicate that pre-production has begun on HBO’s adaptation of the seminal comic book by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

The picture features a closeup shot of the statue the first Nite-Owl received when he retired from the superhero life. The image was infamously used on the cover of Watchmen #8, with the issue featuring the character being beaten to death with the statue.

Damon Lindelof Begins Work on His ‘Watchmen’ TV Show For HBO

THE STRAIN

Series finale was meh. Love the premise of the show but there's just something wrong with the way the story progressed and the character developed from the very start of the series.

Yes, Zack finally died. Wish it was in a more comeuppance kind of way or in a horrible death.

They should have let us see Quinlan's actual death, it would have had more impact if they did.
I've got 9 episodes downloaded (i've watched the first episode), is it worth watching?

Congrats to Black Mirror for winning an Emmy by using some kind of loophole since the Emmy's didn't think the show was worthy of any other nominations.

Yeah, pretty bizarre to put it in that category.

Whatever though. The Emmy's are a joke.

GAME OF THRONES Writer Bryan Cogman Developing a 5th Prequel Series

24Vm5os.jpg

There’s a fifth Game of Thrones prequel series in the works, and the project’s writer is a familiar name to the fantasy drama’s fans with a massive amount of Westeros experience.

EW can exclusively report that Thrones co-executive producer Bryan Cogman is penning a drama series follow-up to the Emmy-winning blockbuster. Cogmandeveloped the project by working closely with author George R.R. Martin, who cryptically referenced the existence of an additional unconfirmed prequel on his blog months ago.

Since GoT showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have declined to be involved with the prequels (and with Martin already involved two of the other four), Cogman is arguably the next-best possible addition to the prequel squad from the show’s current creative team.

Cogman has been with Thrones since the first season when he was brought on board as an assistant to Benioff and Weiss. While the GoT showrunners are the show’s hands-on chief executives who pen most of the scripts and occasionally direct as well, Cogman has written plenty of stellar episodes along the way and ranks as the show’s third-most prolific writer. Some of his hours include season 7’s intricately plotted “Stormborn,” season 4’s “The Laws of Gods and Men” (which featured Tyrion Lannister on trial) and season 3’s “Kissed by Fire” (which included Jaime Lannister’s bathtub confession to Brienne).

In a 2011 interview with Westeros.org, Cogman discussed in some detail how he joined the series and described the first (of many) times that he read Martin’s debut A Song of Ice and Fire novel. “I immediately fell in love with the book from page one, as most people do,” Cogman recalled. “It’s probably the most fun I’ve ever had reading anything. It’s inspired storytelling, that’s all there is to it, and the characters are so rich, the themes are so varied. I love it.”

Cogman was also the rare GoT producer to wade into the Twitter tempest to interact with fans, but quit the social network a month ago to focus on the show’s final season (and, unbeknownst to fans, this prequel project).

There are no specific story details yet available for any of the new GoT projects. But Martin has ruled out tackling Robert’s Rebellion (noting fans already know all the major plot points from that war anyway) or mining his Dunk & Egg tales (as they are still being written).

Also: All the prequel projects are set before the events in Game of Thrones and do not involve any members of the current cast (the term “spinoff” is frequently used to describe these projects though it’s not technically correct).

Like all TV projects in development, none of the prequels are guaranteed to air. HBO programming president Casey Bloys has said that he might only eventually greenlight one of them. The executive also recently said that any Game of Thrones prequel won’t air until at least a year after the flagship series concludes. GoT is expected to return for its final season in either late 2018 or 2019. So we’re probably looking at 2020 until we see a follow-up GoT title.

Game of Thrones Writer Bryan Cogman Developing a 5th Prequel Series

I think we all knew this one was just a matter of time after Riverdale:

One of Archie Comics’ most popular characters, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, has been conspicuously missing from the CW’s Archie-themed drama series Riverdale. Now she is getting her own series.

The CW has put in development The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, eyed as a companion series to Riverdale for the 2018-19 season. It comes from the same team as Riverdale: Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. TV, with Aguirre-Sacasa, who penned the Riverdale pilot, and Lee Toland Krieger, who directed it, reprising their roles on the Sabrina pilot.

A dark drama in the horror genre, The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is worlds away from the bubbly 1996 Sabrina, the Teenage Witchcomedy series starring Melissa Joan Hart. The new project reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror, the occult and, of course, witchcraft. Tonally in the vein of Rosemary’s Baby and The Exorcist,this adaptation finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature — half-witch, half-mortal — while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

[•••]

With The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina, the CW is following a different model, the one it used for Arrow companion The Flash, which filmed a standalone pilot. The lead character, played by Grant Gustin, did appear on Arrowbefore launching his own series. That may also happen with Sabrina on the upcoming second season on Riverdale though that is still TBD.

Personally I think there is cero chance that Sabrina will show up in her own show without showing up first on Riverdale.

As a matter of fact, I suspect that they wouldn't have issued this press release if they didn't already have at least the lead role cast.

Let the speculation begin! What say you @Dragonlordxxxxx ?

I boycotted the Emmys this year, because they snubbed Michael McKean / 'Chuck' on Better Call Saul for Best Supporting. He's always great, but this season he was goddamn phenomenal, and those fucks didn't even give him a nomination.

In short: Fuck Emmy, and her sisters too

DKCs4myW4AAAQxM.jpg

Back in February 1982, ABC’s two-night broadcast of Superman: The Movie was an unprecedented extension of the theatrical release of the film. The three-hour-long version of the movie featured footage never seen before, giving fans longer looks at Krypton before its destruction, more time in Smallville, even more of John Williams’ iconic soundtrack, and more of Christopher Reeves in action as the Man of Steel.

Warner Bros.’ Archive Collection has unveiled plans for a brand-new remaster of the extended cut as part of a two film collection that will also include Donner’s definitive director’s cut of the film from 2000. On top of that, it’ll include the special features from the release of the Special Edition, including screen tests and documentaries looking at the creation of one of the most iconic superhero movies of all time.

No release date for the collection has been confirmed yet, other than it’s coming this year.

I've got 9 episodes downloaded (i've watched the first episode), is it worth watching?
I think it is worth it. And binge watching it might be easier to digest than week to week viewing.

But there's just something about that show that makes me want to rewrite it so badly. The direction the story and the characters take are not optimal.

Damon Lindelof's WATCHMEN Gets Official Pilot Order from HBO

Ze73Wxz.jpg

HBO is moving forward with Watchmen. The premium cable network has officially handed out a pilot order and commissioned additional scripts for Damon Lindelof's take on Alan Moore's beloved graphic novel.

The news comes three months after The Hollywood Reporter broke that the Leftovers showrunner was developing a take on the DC Comics favorite. Lindelof also revealed on Instagram that the writers room for the potential TV series has officially been opened.

Lindelof originally read the comics as a kid in the 1980s and has said that the series continues to influence his work. "From the flashbacks to the nonlinear storytelling to the deeply flawed heroes, these are all elements that I try to put into everything I write," he told Comic Book Resources in 2009 ahead of the feature-film take.

Lindelof has read Watchmen multiple times and, at the time, praised director Zack Snyder's film. "It's the most married-to-the-original-text version of Watchmen that could've been made," he told the Observer. "I want to keep it sort of insular," Lindelof said, referring to the multiple translations that have come from trying to translate the source material. "It's OK with me if people don't understand it because they don't deserve to understand it."

Snyder, who directed the feature-film adaptation of Moore's comic series, is no longer attached to the drama project from Warner Bros. Television, where both DC Entertainment and Lindelof are housed.

First published in 1986 and collected in 1987, Watchmen was created by Moore, artist Dave Gibbons and colorist John Higgins. The series was named one of the 100 best novels by Time magazine. Rumors of HBO tackling Watchmen first surfaced in 2015, when the pay cabler noted it was in preliminary discussions for a TV take on the property.

Snyder, who was briefly attached to the HBO project in 2015, adapted the comic and brought the title's "Minutemen" crime fighters to the big screen in 2009 with Jackie Earle Haley, Malin Akerman, Billy Crudup, Matthew Goode, Carla Gugino, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Patrick Wilson starring. The film, produced by Warner Bros. with a $130 million production budget, grossed a disappointing $107.5 million domestically and $185.3 million worldwide.

For Lindelof, Watchmen would arrive after The Leftovers, based on the book of the same name, recently wrapped its three-season run on HBO. The Lost alum is repped by CAA and Myman Greenspan.

'Watchmen' Moving Forward at HBO With Pilot Order

Isn't Dove Cameron the frontrunner for Sabrina? Or that's just what her fans are clamoring.

She seems to be the fandom's go to choice and she may be campaigning for it (remember that Instagram post I linked a while back).

But leaving that obvious choice aside... who else might be a good fit?

Because given the tone of Riverdale, I'm expecting that Sabrina will have an early seasons The Vampire Diaries vibe. So they have to bring their A-game on the eye-candy.

But leaving that obvious choice aside... who else might be a good fit?
There's so many new and relatively unknown actresses out there, I think The CW will nail it with its casting.

But if you're asking my choices, give me some time to think about it. I'm still finishing up my review of Kingsman 2.

RE: The Sinner, Mr. Mercedes.

wtf is up with these shows & incest? GoT had to have paved the path for them to follow.
No , incest was in the book Mr Mercedes which came out years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back