Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hearing the Punisher will be the last Marvel Netflix show.

Disney are apparently putting future shows on their streaming service and fully cutting ties with Netflix.

What's your verdict on The Gifted? Watched the first episode, I liked it.

What's your verdict on The Gifted? Watched the first episode, I liked it.
My comments on the first episode of The Gifted:

Very good first episode of The Gifted. When they announced the premise back in January, I initially thought it was not that interesting. But they did a great job, I was totally invested in the family. They also did an excellent job of not dragging it out. Other shows would have waited until episode 2 or 3 before the Sentinel Services came to their houses.

Since giant robots are out of the question due to budgetary reasons, I like their version of Sentinels. The robot spiders were cool and intimidating. The whole sequence of them being chased by those things were well done.

The X-Men animated series theme song Easter Egg was nice. Wished Stan Lee's cameo had more meat than just a passerby with no lines.

The Gifted is off to a great start and I hope the rest of the season is as good as the pilot.

c1KGmek.jpg

I'm hearing the Punisher will be the last Marvel Netflix show.

Disney are apparently putting future shows on their streaming service and fully cutting ties with Netflix.
It doesn't seem like The Punisher will be the last Marvel-Netflix show. Daredevil season 3 is about to start shooting this week and Iron Fist season 2 is scheduled to shoot next month.

Anybody else watching THE BRAVE?

It's a bit generic but I'm loving it. There's something about the show that is so engaging and easy to watch. If you want an episodic and entertaining action drama procedural show without any character background baggage, I recommend The Brave.

There's 3 new military shows that aired this fall - The Brave, Seal Team and Valor.

Seal Team is clunky at times and don't really care about the characters and their drama. Big meh on David Boreanaz. I like how they plan the logistics of their missions though.

Valor is from The CW, so you know it already has a lot of flaws. Dropped it after two episodes. Too much melodrama and flashback crap. Female lead is hot though.

the-brave-preview-nbc.jpg

I like The Brave too, it's easily the better of the three shows. It also helps that Jaz isn't that bad to look at either.

It doesn't seem like The Punisher will be the last Marvel-Netflix show. Daredevil season 3 is about to start shooting this week and Iron Fist season 2 is scheduled to shoot next month.

The way I understand it, the interconnected Marvel-Netflix shows will continue as planned, but any future streaming show based on a Marvel IP will go to the in-house streaming service unstead.

In that regard, The Punisher will be the last new Marvel-Netflix show to go into production. So that corner of the MCU has gotten as big as it is going to get.

TWILIGHT ZONE Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS All Access

ylmMaeA.jpg

The Twilight Zone is entering a new dimension. CBS Corp. CEO Leslie Moonves on Thursday announced during the company's earnings call that CBS All Access is readying a new take on the iconic sci-fi anthology. It's unclear at the moment if it's a straight-to-series order or just development.

The Rod Serling-created series ran for five seasons on CBS from 1959-1964. Producers CBS Television Studios retained the rights to the cult classic and will executive produce the new take. Sources say the show hails from Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw banner, with Marco Ramirez (Netflix Marvel dramas The Defenders and Daredevil, Sons of Anarchy) is set to pen the script and serve as showrunner. CBS All Access declined comment on Peele and Ramirez's involvement as official details have not yet been revealed beyond Moonves' initial announcement.

The news comes as CBS All Access has found success with its revival of Star Trek: Discovery, which the streamer said drove record subscriptions to the platform and has been renewed for a second season. The Twilight Zone joins a roster of CBS All Access scripted originals that also includes dramas The Good Fight (a spinoff of The Good Wife), Strange Angel, $1 and comedy No Activity.

Peele found success with the horror feature Get Out, which many have described as an African-American version of The Twilight Zone.

'Twilight Zone' Reboot From Jordan Peele in the Works at CBS All Access

This will fucking suck. 1) its not suppose to be funny and he will make it funny which is retarded. 2) cbs all access? lmao noppeee

It's Official: LORD OF THE RINGS TV Series Gets Multiple-Season Commitment at Amazon

VSryIHf.png

It's official: Amazon Studios is going to make a Lord of the Rings TV series.

The retail giant and streaming outlet announced Monday that it has acquired global television rights to the Lord of the Rings franchise, based on the best-selling novels by J.R.R. Tolkien. Amazon has handed out a multiple-season commitment. The Amazon LOTR series will be produced in-house at Amazon Studios alongside the Tolkien Estate and Trust, publisher HarperCollins and Warner Bros. Entertainment's New Line Cinema.

Amazon's LOTR series will be set in Middle Earth and explore new storylines preceding Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The deal includes a potential additional spinoff series.

The Lord of the Rings is a cultural phenomenon that has captured the imagination of generations of fans through literature and the big screen,” said Sharon Tal Yguado, Amazon's new head of scripted. “We are honored to be working with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line on this exciting collaboration for television and are thrilled to be taking The Lord of the Rings fans on a new epic journey in Middle Earth.”

The news comes 10 days after word leaked that Amazon Studios was exploring a potential TV series based on the fantasy series and subsequent feature film franchise, which was produced by New Line. The LOTR novels were named Amazon customers' favorite book of the millennium in 1999.

The news comes four months after Warner Bros. and the Tolkien estate settled an $80 million lawsuit after a five-year battle. That happened after Warners offshoot New Line Cinema and the Tolkien estate waged a courtroom battle over profit participation from the film franchise that consisted of The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Two Towers (2002) and The Return of the King (2003), as well as 2013 prequel The Hobbit. The property is a multibillion-dollar worldwide franchise.

"We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,” said Matt Galsor, a representative for the Tolkien Estate and Trust and HarperCollins. “Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

That Amazon Studios has emerged as a home for the LOTR TV series comes as little surprise given the genre-focused programming push Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has mandated. The retail giant and streaming platform has been on the hot seat for its lack of a breakthrough hit, with Yguado initially brought in earlier this year to oversee the development of genre fare.

It's Official: 'Lord of the Rings' TV Series Gets Multiple-Season Commitment at Amazon

The way I understand it, the interconnected Marvel-Netflix shows will continue as planned, but any future streaming show based on a Marvel IP will go to the in-house streaming service unstead.

In that regard, The Punisher will be the last new Marvel-Netflix show to go into production. So that corner of the MCU has gotten as big as it is going to get.
I was thinking that Netflix also co-produces them but if they're just solely the outlets or distributors, then Punisher could be the last Netflix-Marvel show to be distributed by Netflix.

Sorry I meant the last new show they will continue ones they have already have but all new series will be on the Disney streaming service.

It's Official: LORD OF THE RINGS TV Series Gets Multiple-Season Commitment at Amazon

VSryIHf.png

It's official: Amazon Studios is going to make a Lord of the Rings TV series.

The retail giant and streaming outlet announced Monday that it has acquired global television rights to the Lord of the Rings franchise, based on the best-selling novels by J.R.R. Tolkien. Amazon has handed out a multiple-season commitment. The Amazon LOTR series will be produced in-house at Amazon Studios alongside the Tolkien Estate and Trust, publisher HarperCollins and Warner Bros. Entertainment's New Line Cinema.

Amazon's LOTR series will be set in Middle Earth and explore new storylines preceding Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The deal includes a potential additional spinoff series.

The Lord of the Rings is a cultural phenomenon that has captured the imagination of generations of fans through literature and the big screen,” said Sharon Tal Yguado, Amazon's new head of scripted. “We are honored to be working with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line on this exciting collaboration for television and are thrilled to be taking The Lord of the Rings fans on a new epic journey in Middle Earth.”

The news comes 10 days after word leaked that Amazon Studios was exploring a potential TV series based on the fantasy series and subsequent feature film franchise, which was produced by New Line. The LOTR novels were named Amazon customers' favorite book of the millennium in 1999.

The news comes four months after Warner Bros. and the Tolkien estate settled an $80 million lawsuit after a five-year battle. That happened after Warners offshoot New Line Cinema and the Tolkien estate waged a courtroom battle over profit participation from the film franchise that consisted of The Fellowship of the Ring (2001), The Two Towers (2002) and The Return of the King (2003), as well as 2013 prequel The Hobbit. The property is a multibillion-dollar worldwide franchise.

"We are delighted that Amazon, with its longstanding commitment to literature, is the home of the first-ever multi-season television series for The Lord of the Rings,” said Matt Galsor, a representative for the Tolkien Estate and Trust and HarperCollins. “Sharon and the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

That Amazon Studios has emerged as a home for the LOTR TV series comes as little surprise given the genre-focused programming push Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has mandated. The retail giant and streaming platform has been on the hot seat for its lack of a breakthrough hit, with Yguado initially brought in earlier this year to oversee the development of genre fare.

It's Official: 'Lord of the Rings' TV Series Gets Multiple-Season Commitment at Amazon
this will be like the half assed Panasonic Zelda game

18j2jiy1msx5ijpg.jpg

zelda-cdi-06-23-14-1.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

HITMAN TV Series in the Works at Hulu from JOHN WICK Creator

r5jd8Eq.jpg

Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game.

The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

‘Hitman’ Series In Works At Hulu From ‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad

Soooooo...it's a good news-bad news type of situation

HITMAN TV Series in the Works at Hulu from JOHN WICK Creator

r5jd8Eq.jpg

Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game.

The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

‘Hitman’ Series In Works At Hulu From ‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad
John Wick creator?

That's all I need to hear!

LUCIFER is just killing it right now.

The last 3 episodes have been vastly entertaining. It was great seeing a resolution to the Charlotte Richards (Tricia Helfer) storyline and Lucifer's reactions to her advances was hysterical. Then this latest episode with the reporter was a great standalone story.

Trailer for THE ASSASSINATION OF GIANNI VERSACE: AMERICAN CRIME STORY

The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story is the second season of the FX true crime anthology television series American Crime Story. The season will premiere on January 17, 2018, and will consist of a total of 10 episodes. It will explore the murder of designer Gianni Versace by serial killer Andrew Cunanan.

I was thinking that Netflix also co-produces them but if they're just solely the outlets or distributors, then Punisher could be the last Netflix-Marvel show to be distributed by Netflix.

I think the plan currently is that any new properties will be generated by Disney but the properties currently in Netflix might stay there.

That also might change.

The writers for The Flash are inept. The first time Barry faces the villain of the episode, he allows her to get away because the episode would be a lot shorter if Barry actually used his powers. The next time he faces her they basically put a big spotlight on how he sometimes conveniently doesn't use his speed for the sake of the plot, and tried to make some sort of point out of it with another character. In a scene where Barry could have very easily stopped the villain again and saved the people, they tried to make a point that Ralph can't do both while Barry somehow gets beat up by slow moving, animated mannequin. It's almost like they're emphasizing just how bad the writing is... I was really scratching my head watching this episode. I liked the Wells stuff, but the rest of the episode might as well have been a long Microsoft Surface commercial.

The writers for The Flash are inept. The first time Barry faces the villain of the episode, he allows her to get away because the episode would be a lot shorter if Barry actually used his powers. The next time he faces her they basically put a big spotlight on how he sometimes conveniently doesn't use his speed for the sake of the plot, and tried to make some sort of point out of it with another character. In a scene where Barry could have very easily stopped the villain again and saved the people, they tried to make a point that Ralph can't do both while Barry somehow gets beat up by slow moving, animated mannequin. It's almost like they're emphasizing just how bad the writing is... I was really scratching my head watching this episode. I liked the Wells stuff, but the rest of the episode might as well have been a long Microsoft Surface commercial.
Oh yeah, lots of PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity to those not familiar with the acronym) and illogical commercial break villain escapes in the latest episode of The Flash. I've gotten used to these holes, it's a standard for the show. But I'm enjoying the lightheartedness approach of the season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back