Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Succession just finished its freshman season. Pretty darn good show. Brian Cox is great and so is the guy that plays Tom.

John Wick: Chapter 2 Star Ruby Rose Cast as the Lesbian Superhero Batwoman

dnSPyf8.jpg

The CW has cast its Batwoman. Out actress Ruby Rose has been tapped to play the lesbian superhero for the network. Rose's Batwoman will first appear in the December DC crossover event, with Arrow-verse mastermind Greg Berlanti plotting a stand-alone series revolving around the character.

The Batwoman series, which is in development with Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaires) penning the script, revolves around Kate Kane, who, armed with a passion for social justice and flair for speaking her mind, soars onto the streets of Gotham as Batwoman, an out lesbian and highly trained street fighter primed to snuff out the failing city's criminal resurgence. But don't call her a hero yet — in a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham's symbol of hope.

Should Batwoman move to series, it would join a slate of DC shows at The CW that includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning as Berlanti also builds a roster of DC fare on the comic book powerhouse's forthcoming DC Universe subscription digital platform. Set to launch next month, that platform will feature scripted originals including Titans, Doom Patrol and more.

Rose's casting comes after the network made it a priority to cast an openly gay actress to take on the role. Rose's credits include Netflix's Orange Is the New Black and features The Meg, Pitch Perfect 3 and John Wick: Chapter 2. Rose, also a model and recording artist — and former MTV VJ — is repped by UTA, Art2perform and Hirsch Wallerstein.

With the casting, The CW's superhero stable now includes an out lesbian superhero played by a lesbian actress as well as a trans actress playing a trans superhero, with activist Nicole Maines joining Supergirl as a series regular next season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ruby-rose-play-lesbian-superhero-batwoman-cw-1132599

Ruby Rose?

Even though she's hot, and I love Batwoman, I'm on the fence about this casting.

She's honestly the worst part of anything I've seen her in, although she got an award for her role in Orange is the New Black, which I don't watch. If enough people felt the need to give her an award for a role, it at least means she has potential. Also, to be honest, it's not like the CW typically puts Emmy-award winning talent in their roles.

I'll watch it.

First Official Images from Netflix's THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA

Full Trailer for IRON FIST Season 2; Premieres Sept. 7, 2018 on Netflix

Anyone watching Castle Rock? I'm surprised that there's no active thread about it, on other hand 6 episodes in I'm starting to get mildly annoyed with how unclear everything is. I love me some slowburners and proper worldbuilding but it just meanders too much, feels like one of them Lost seasons at certain points.

Solid cast though and atmosphere is pretty tight.

The pilot for Disenchantment was not funny. Dammit now I dont want to continue.

^^ I'm on episode 5 right now. This may be the worst animated comedy show I've seen, and I've seen Bordertown and Camp WWE as well

Finished watching the first episode of Disenchantment. Although it wasn't a laugh-a-minute show, I liked it and found the premise and the characters amusing. I'm glad that it's not just some random wacky gag format, it has a grounded feel and a solid story structure.

Finished watching the first episode of Disenchantment. Although it wasn't a laugh-a-minute show, I liked it and found the premise and the characters amusing. I'm glad that it's not just some random wacky gag format, it has a grounded feel and a solid story structure.
I gave it a second chance, and the second episode won me over. It's a lot better outside the pilot.

I gave it a second chance, and the second episode won me over. It's a lot better outside the pilot.
I'm on episode 3 and so far so good. I didn't have any high expectations for the show or any expectations really, so it was easier for me to just accept everything as it was presented.

I'm on episode 3 and so far so good. I didn't have any high expectations for the show or any expectations really, so it was easier for me to just accept everything as it was presented.
The pilot was just unfunny, so I was deterred.

the new Venture Bros season is goddamn awesome. that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back