Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t watched the VMAs since ‘98. It still sucks.

Brendan Fraser to Play Cliff Steele a.k.a. Robotman in DOOM PATROL Live-Action TV Series

3s8GuKH.jpg

Brendan Fraser has been cast as one of the leads, Robotman/Cliff Steele, in DC Universe’s upcoming live-action series Doom Patrol, from Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros TV.

A former race car driver, Cliff Steele was in a horrific accident that left his body uninhabitable. Cliff’s brain was saved by the mysterious Dr. Niles Caulder and he lives on in a powerful robotic body.

Fraser will provide the voice-over for Robotman and will appear in flashback scenes as Cliff Steele. Riley Shanahan has also been cast in the role of Robotman. He will provide the physical performance of the character on stage in full body costume.

Written by Jeremy Carver, Doom Patrol is a reimagining of one of DC’s strangest group of outcasts: Robotman (Fraser), Negative Man, Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby) and Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero). Led by the mysterious Caulder, they’re called into action by the ultimate hero for the digital age, Cyborg (Joivan Wade). Banding together, these rejects find themselves on a mission that will take them to the weirdest and most unexpected corners of the DC universe.

Carver executive produces with Geoff Johns, Berlanti and Berlanti Prods’ Sarah Schechter. Berlanti Productions produces in association with Warner Bros Television.

The Mummy alum Fraser was recently seen in major roles on Audience Network’s Condor, FX’s Trust and Showtime’s The Affair.

Brendan Fraser To Star As Robotman In DC Universe's 'Doom Patrol' Live-Action TV Series (Exclusive)

I know nobody cares even a little bit about Elementary, but I think Johnny Lee Miller is great as Sherlock, and this week he delivered one of the finest threats I've heard on television in a long time.

He had offended Banes in the past (solved his case and cost him a big promotion), and Banes was taking revenge on him by thwarting the career of a friend of Sherlock's. In an attempt to smooth things over, he obtains an extraordinary job opportunity for Banes, who considers saying no.

I really, really love Miller's touch of darkness as Sherlock.

5mafif.jpg

I know nobody cares even a little bit about Elementary, but I think Johnny Lee Miller is great as Sherlock, and this week he delivered one of the finest threats I've heard on television in a long time.

He had offended Banes in the past (solved his case and cost him a big promotion), and Banes was taking revenge on him by thwarting the career of a friend of Sherlock's. In an attempt to smooth things over, he obtains an extraordinary job opportunity for Banes, who considers saying no.

5mafif.jpg

I haven't watched any of season 6 yet, how is it so far?

Explosive Trailer for THE LAST SHIP Fifth and Final Season

New LETHAL WEAPON Promo Introduces New Lead Seann William Scott

Teaser Trailer for TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3; Returns January 2019

Starring Academy Award Winner Mahershala Ali, True Detective returns January 2019 on HBO.

Trailer for Sci-Fi Drama THE FIRST Starring Sean Penn; Premieres September 14 on Hulu

Five people will try to fulfill the destiny of eight billion. The full, first season of The First premieres September 14 on Hulu. Sean Penn leads an ensemble cast in this near-future drama about a crew of astronauts attempting to become the first humans on Mars. Under the direction of visionary aerospace magnate Laz Ingram (Natascha McElhone), the crew contends with peril and personal sacrifice as they undertake the greatest pioneering feat in human history.

Gotham is decently good. I usually stay away from mainstream shows but i gotta give credit where its due

5mafif.jpg
salty hollywood celebrities are the funniest thing ever.

i dont watch TV shows about drug addicts. Thats not fun.

It's not about the addicts.
In fact you barely see any coke being used at all.
It's about the 80s crack epidemic, how it started and the role that the CIA played in it.
Centers on CIA agent and a few dealers.

AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR National Finals Part 1 (spoilers)

Heartbreaking to see some of the Ninja greats fall, especially Joe Moravsky's run. Eskimo Ninja was such a waste because he wasted precious seconds staring at the Twist and Fly obstacle. On the flip side, Jamie Rahn a.k.a. Captain NBC had an awe-inspiring run after losing his shoe early on.

It was odd when they advertised next week's episode and highlighted some of the famous Ninjas that will appear, they did not mention Jessie Graff at all. Weird. I hope she still participated despite the omission.

Can't wait to see the new underwater obstacle course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back