Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I legit lol'ed when two of the horsewoman fell on the opening obstacle

Henry Cavill to Star in Netflix's THE WITCHER Live-Action TV Series

XRrtxua.jpg

Netflix is bringing the current face of Superman back to television. Henry Cavill has been tapped to star in the streaming giant's straight-to-series drama The Witcher.

The eight-episode series is based on the best-selling fantasy book series by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. It is described as an epic tale of fate and family. Cavill will take on the central character of Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter who struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.

Lauren Schmidt Hissrich (Netflix's Daredevil, The Defenders and Umbrella Academy) is set to serve as showrunner and exec produce alongside Alik Sakharov (House of Cards, Game of Thrones), with the latter set to direct four episodes, including the pilot. Alex Garcia Lopez (Netflix's Luke Cage, Daredevil, HBO's Utopia and AMC's Fear the Walking Dead) and Charlotte Brandstrom (Starz's Outlander, Counterpart) will each direct two additional episodes of The Witcher.

Cavill, who currently stars in Mission Impossible: Fallout, is said to be a massive fan of Sapkowski's series of fantasy short stories and novels about "witcher" Geralt of Rivia. The part marks Cavill's first TV series regular role since his four-season co-starring role as Charles Brandon in Showtime's The Tudors. Cavill's feature film credits include DC's Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Justice League and Man of Steel. He next stars alongside Ben Kingsley in Nomis.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/henry-cavill-star-netflix-drama-series-witcher-1139388

I legit lol'ed when two of the horsewoman fell on the opening obstacle
The one where James "The Beast" McGrath fell made me laugh due to 1.) his history with the Jumping Spider obstacle and 2.) the cartoonish way he fell to the water.

A little piece of my childhood died.
Matt Groening confirmed that Michael Jackson voiced Leon Kompowsky but didn't sing the song.
“We really did have Michael Jackson,” Groening confirmed to Australia’s The Weekly. “He has a voice that sounds like someone doing a Michael Jackson bit.” Ironically enough, Groening actually hung up on the King of Pop, who initially reached out to the animator with a cold-call expressing interest to hop on the then-global phenomenon. “He said that he loved Bart [Simpson] and wanted to be on the show.
“He did do the show,” Groening continued. “He didn’t want credit for it, it was some kind of deal with his record company or whatever.” This explains why he was credited as John Jay Smith in the credits. “When it came time to do the songs,” Groening clarified, “he had a sound-a-like singer and he stood there and watched the guy—and he was so nervous—who had to to sound like Michael Jackson.”

Lauren Schmidt Hissrich (Netflix's Daredevil, The Defenders and Umbrella Academy) is set to serve as showrunner and exec produce alongside Alik Sakharov (House of Cards, Game of Thrones), with the latter set to direct four episodes, including the pilot. Alex Garcia Lopez (Netflix's Luke Cage, Daredevil, HBO's Utopia and AMC's Fear the Walking Dead) and Charlotte Brandstrom (Starz's Outlander, Counterpart) will each direct two additional episodes of The Witcher.

These people are crap. I don’t have faith in them. I expect some watered down goobly gook. Shits going to be bad.

Timothy Dalton Cast as Dr. Niles "The Chief" Caulder in DOOM PATROL Live-Action Series

OYNVulM.jpg

Timothy Dalton is returning to television. The onetime James Bond has booked the leading role in DC Universe's Doom Patrol. The live-action role is Dalton's first series regular gig since he wrapped his three-season run on Showtime's Penny Dreadful in 2016.

Doom Patrol, based on the iconic DC Comics characters, will be written by Jeremy Carver (Supernatural), who will executive produce the 13-episode drama alongside Greg Berlanti — the prolific exec producer behind The CW's Arrow-verse — and Geoff Johns.

The drama revolves around superhero outcasts Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Negative Man (Dwain Murphy), Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby) and Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), who are led by modern-day mad scientists Dr. Niles Caulder and Cyborg (Joivan Wade)

Dalton will take on the role of Dr. Niles "The Chief" Caulder, who is described as a pioneer in medical science, searching the world over for those on the edge of death in need of a miracle. Brilliant but controversial, Dr. Caulder will stop at nothing to help those he believes are in need, including his collection of strange heroes known as the Doom Patrol.

Dalton's TV credits include episodes of Chuck, Doctor Who and minis Hercules and Centennial. On the big screen, his credits include Toy Story, The Tourist, Hot Fuzz and James Bond in The Living Daylights and License to Kill.

DC Universe, the subscription video on demand platform, will launch in September with a slate of live-action and animated originals as well as a library of DC Comics-related TV series and films. Doom Patrol is due in 2019.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/timothy-dalton-star-dc-universes-doom-patrol-1139872

Anyone had a chance to watch the mayans episode 1 yet. if so, how did you rate the first episode?

Gotham's Crystal Reed Cast as Abby Arcane in DC Universe's SWAMP THING Live-Action Series

PnhLx0B.jpg

Gotham’s Crystal Reed is returning to the DC TV universe as the female lead in Swamp Thing, the upcoming streaming drama series based on the DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson. The project, which hails from James Wan’s Atomic Monster in association with Warner Bros. Television, is set to premiere in 2019 on the DC Universe digital subscription service.

Written by Mark Verheiden and Gary Dauberman, Swamp Thing follows Abby Arcane (Reed) as she investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets. When unexplainable and chilling horrors emerge from the murky marsh, no one is safe.

Wan, Verheiden, Dauberman, Michael Clear and Wiseman are executive producers alongside Len Wiseman who is set to direct.

Smart and caring, CDC Doctor Abby Arcane’s (Reed) strong sense of empathy puts her at the center of a horrific life-threatening epidemic in her hometown, where she faces emotional demons from her past… while a chance meeting with scientist Alec Holland takes her into a world of horror and the supernatural, and of the elemental creature known as Swamp Thing.

Reed most recently played Sofia Falcone in a season-long series regular role on the fourth season of Fox’s Gotham, also produced by WBTV, and starred in French director Pascal Laugier’s film Incident in a Ghost Land. Before that, she co-starred on MTV’s Teen Wolf.

https://deadline.com/2018/09/swamp-...by-arcane-dc-universe-series-cast-1202458527/

There wasn't a lot of action in the latest episode of The Expanse but damn, that was a great episode. I never really cared about the Belters but I'm now rooting for them. David Strathairn is amazing and his character is great. Once again, The Expanse gives us some different realistic sci-fi concepts we don't normally see in movies and TV shows like internal injuries at zero-G.

The Expanse is truly sci-fi's Game of Thrones. Except the pace is faster, the payout is quicker and different characters meet up faster.

I love The Expanse and Dark Matter equally. Too bad only one survived long enough to see the conspiracy exposed :(

GRIMM Star Elizabeth Tulloch Cast as Lois Lan in Arrow-verse Crossover Event

elizabeth_tulloch_lois_lane_split_-_publicity_-_h_2018.jpg

The CW has found its Lois Lane. Grimm favorite Elizabeth Tulloch has been tapped to take on the iconic role in the network's annual Arrow-verse crossover event. Additionally, Cassandra Jean Amell has joined the crossover event in the role of Nora Fries, Mr. Freeze's wife. (Mr. Freeze, who has not yet been featured in the Arrow-verse, will not appear.)

Tulloch joins Tyler Hoechlin, who will reprise his role as Superman, in the three-night, three-show crossover set for December.

"We couldn't be more excited to introduce Lois Lane to the Arrow-verse. This dogged, determined and brave reporter will make for a strong partner to Superman and amazing addition to our universe of DC characters," Supergirl executive producers Jessica Queller and Robert Rovner said in a statement in August when the network began its casting search for Lois Lane.

Tulloch spent six seasons as the female lead on NBC fantasy drama Grimm. Her credits include House and The West Wing.

Tulloch joins a long list of actresses who have played Lois Lane, including Margot Kidder, Teri Hatcher, Amy Adams, Kate Bosworth, Noel Neill, Phyllis Coates, Erica Durance, Megan Fox, Uma Thurman, Dana Delany, Mandy Moore, Stana Katic and Pauley Perrette.

For her part, Amell — the wife of Arrow star Stephen Amell — started her entertainment career on America's Next Top Model. Her guest star credits include The CW's One Tree Hill and Hart of Dixie as well as Mad Men.

The crossover, which will introduce Batwoman — played by Ruby Rose — starts Sunday, Dec. 9, with The Flash at 8 p.m. ET/PT, followed by Arrow on Dec. 10 at 8 p.m. and concluding Dec. 11 at the same time with Supergirl.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...y-lois-lane-cws-arrow-verse-crossover-1143403

Has anyone seen Cloak and Dagger?

Is it worth a watch?

I'm trying to find a show to watch with my daughter.

Has anyone seen Cloak and Dagger?

Is it worth a watch?

I'm trying to find a show to watch with my daughter.
It's not worth the watch. It's very slow and full of emo teen angst. There's little payoff for your patience.

I recommend you watch with your daughter - Voltron: Defender of the Universe or Trollhunters. If she prefers live-action - Agents of SHIELD or Agent Carter season one.

It's not worth the watch. It's very slow and full of emo teen angst. There's little payoff for your patience.

I recommend you watch with your daughter - Voltron: Defender of the Universe or Trollhunters. If she prefers live-action - Agents of SHIELD or Agent Carter season one.
lol I have a daughter. She fucking loves that emo teen angst shit. Probably the only part she won't like is it being slow. Kid attention spans and whatnot. Her and her mom are constantly watching Pretty Little Liars, which is comprised of nothing but emo teen angst. I would hate to live in the PLL universe. You can't take a shit without there being some fucking dramatic conspiracy.

The only animated shit she likes is Spongebob and Teen Titans GO. She would love Agents of SHIELD and probably Agent Carter too. You just reminded me that I haven't even finished the fourth season of AoS yet.

lol I have a daughter. She fucking loves that emo teen angst shit. Probably the only part she won't like is it being slow. Kid attention spans and whatnot. Her and her mom are constantly watching Pretty Little Liars, which is comprised of nothing but emo teen angst. I would hate to live in the PLL universe. You can't take a shit without there being some fucking dramatic conspiracy.

The only animated shit she likes is Spongebob and Teen Titans GO. She would love Agents of SHIELD and probably Agent Carter too. You just reminded me that I haven't even finished the fourth season of AoS yet.
In that case, let her watch Marvel's RUNAWAYS on Hulu also. It's full of that teen drama but better executed and with better plot than Cloak & Dagger. (I'm not saying Runaways is great, it's just better than C&D.)

marvels-runaways.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back