TV Show Thread (Will Smith to Produce FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I tried that but couldn't get into it.

Anyway, one of my "edible" shows is Dominion. Like Gotham, it's not groundbreaking tv, but it's entertaining enough. One of the main cast, Shivani Ghai, needs to be in everything ever.

How far in did you get?

The first episode or two do not remotely suggest how awesome this becomes.

If you don't buy the Victorian English magic, though, it won't be as impressive.

Utopia got a ton of heat in the UK for the level and nature of the violence, I'm surprised it was cancelled mid season.

I absolutely loved the show but any show where they kill kids is a risky bet.

I don't get how the UK is turning into this land of puritans. One of the reasons I liked British tv (aside from my halfy Brit bias) in the first place was because they used to generally be more liberal with depicting sex, drugs, and violence.

Also, at the risk of aounding like a psychopath, I actually like it when I know that ANYONE in a show could die, including kids. I hate the usual invincible plot armor most works of fiction give children. It completely takes away any semblance of suspense when you KNOW that Little Timmy is going to come out of a situation that should be certain death.

There's a lot I like about the show but it's starting to lose me. Hopefully they tie the stories together more cohesively than they have done so far.

Yeah, I prefer the first season too. I think it's mainly the complete and nonsensical face/heel turns a few characters have done out of the blue. I was on pace to like the second season more at first, but the events of the last few episodes soured it for me.

****'s turn was especially stupid. There was absolutely nothing resembling foreshadowing. It was like... she's nice... she's nice... BOOM she's murdering people for no reason.

I don't get how the UK is turning into this land of puritans. One of the reasons I liked British tv (aside from my halfy Brit bias) in the first place was because they used to generally be more liberal with depicting sex, drugs, and violence.

Also, at the risk of aounding like a psychopath, I actually like it when I know that ANYONE in a show could die, including kids. I hate the usual invincible plot armor most works of fiction give children. It completely takes away any semblance of suspense when you KNOW that Little Timmy is going to come out of a situation that should be certain death.

We've got a right-wing government that pays a lot of attention to what the Daily Mail says. The Daily Mail has similar views on TV and movies to Mary Whitehouse.

Anybody other than Loiosh and I tune into:

MV5BNzkyNjc5MTA3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzkyMzY3NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Its based on a book (had no idea until I just wiki'd the below snippet). I thought it was awesome. I have no idea if it will be back for a second season.

edit: that summary is boring.

Its an alternate history of England. It deals with 2 men who are bringing magic back to England after it had been gone for 200 years.
They use their magic to influence the outcome of the Napoleonic War and also deal with an evil faerie.

I've been watching this. Story is kind of aimless but the characters and performances are excellent.

Did anyone see Klondike?

It's a three part miniseries and I just started the second part...

Tim Roth is awesome.

Just awesome.

First Teaser Trailer for HBO's WESTWORLD Released Online

2ns18gj.jpg

Right before the season finale of True Detective Season 2, HBO released the first trailer for Westworld. Based off the 1973 Michael Crichton book of the same name, and executive produced by Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight, Person of Interest), Lisa Joy, and J.J. Abrams, the series is described as a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. If it follows the central premise of the film, it revolves around androids that run amuck in a high-tech, western-style theme park.

This trailer doesn’t give us much to go on, but it’s definitely a fine announcement for the studio’s next big foray into genre television. They’ve got an intriguing premise with some quick glimpses of the striking visuals, and hopefully the network has another hit on their hands.

The cast includes Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Evan Rachel Wood, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, Jeffrey Wright, Sidse Babett Knudsen, Rodrigo Santoro, Shannon Woodward, Ingrid Bols

I stopped after episode 3 but will resume to finish the rest of the episodes in the near future. Bill Hader is great in it.

Fun fact: Charlotte Riley, who plays the wife of Strange, also appeared in Edge of Tomorrow as part of the J Squad.

20p7llg.jpg

Btw, did you watch Wayward Pines?

Wow, she is much attractive in Strange.
One of those productions did a great job with makeup.

Haven't watched Wayward Pines yet. Once I get caught up on Walking Dead, I'm gonna hit it up.

Saw the Lucifer pilot.... I'm not a big fan.

For one, Tom Ellis' accent is horrendous. It's like a super forced version of the generic Hollywood "British" accent. Everything he says grates on my nerves. I understand why he can't use the one he used in EastEnders, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Chloe's ex has the personality of a UPS package. Some parts are just corny. I legit cringed during the scene with the therapist.

On the plus side, the visual effects are well done, Lauren German's permanent bitch face gives her a natural "no bullshit cop" look which fits her character, German's acting also is the bright point of the pilot, and Chloe's daughter is adorable.

I'll probably hate watch it until it's cancellation mid-second season.

On the other hand, the Minority Report pilot looks promising...

Like all FOX shows, the budget looks like it puts most feature films to shame, the premise is very interesting (as it follows what happens to the precogs after the end of the movie), the male lead acts exactly as you'd expect someone who didn't grow up with proper socialization would act, both the male and female leads work well together, and the female lead is smoking. Her body is.... just absurd.

I'll probably love watch it until it's cancelled before production begins on the second season.

Blindspot got leaked as well. I'm gonna check all those three shows when I get home.

Like all FOX shows, the budget looks like it puts most feature films to shame, the premise is very interesting (as it follows what happens to the precogs after the end of the movie), the male lead acts exactly as you'd expect someone who didn't grow up with proper socialization would act, both the male and female leads work well together, and the female lead is smoking. Her body is.... just absurd.

I'll probably love watch it until it's cancelled before production begins on the second season.

This the first time you've laid eyes on Meagan Good?

Anybody watch Ballers? It's kinda dull but it has Rock so of course I watch it. The endless HBO level of hot chicks nudity also helps.

Gonna be honest, I was underwhelmed by the first episode of Ballers, and haven't watched it since.

The only thing I really liked was seeing Guy Buttersnaps get new work.
Blindspot got leaked as well. I'm gonna check all those three shows when I get home.
FFFFFFFFFF

They're just leaks? I thought they were the official series premiers for some dumb reason. Shit, now I gotta wait months to find out what happened to _____.

This the first time you've laid eyes on Meagan Good?
I looked her up, and apparently not. She was in a bunch of shit I've seen, but I have the memory of a fish.

I'll definitely be paying more attention to her now.

Also, apparently her and her husband were celibate until marriage lol? That wedding night must have been... explosive.

Most new shows have premieres in September...so yah, the ones you've seen were "leaks".

I looked her up, and apparently not. She was in a bunch of shit I've seen, but I have the memory of a fish.

I'll definitely be paying more attention to her now.

Also, apparently her and her husband were celibate until marriage lol? That wedding night must have been... explosive.

Damn bro, you're slacking, you're usually on point with this shit. Her husband is a pastor or some shit which explains the celibacy.

I'm not one that gets excited over female celebs but Meagan Good is perfect in every single way. Ass, tits, face, she ticks all the boxes.

Alien Nation says hello. First year got decent ratings, they were told they were renewed, then Fox changed their minds and cancelled them in pre-production.

Damn bro, you're slacking, you're usually on point with this shit. Her husband is a pastor or some shit which explains the celibacy.

I'm not one that gets excited over female celebs but Meagan Good is perfect in every single way. Ass, tits, face, she ticks all the boxes.
I can't keep track of ALL the hot celebs. Eventually one or two will slip through the cracks.

It just blows my mind how her husband could be around her for significant amounts of time (prior to their marriage) and not rip off her clothes at every available opportunity???

Anyway, I agree on her being perfect, though. Cute face, ridiculous hips-to-ass ratio, nice boobs....

Last edited:
First Teaser Trailer for HBO's WESTWORLD Released Online

2ns18gj.jpg

Right before the season finale of True Detective Season 2, HBO released the first trailer for Westworld. Based off the 1973 Michael Crichton book of the same name, and executive produced by Jonathan Nolan (The Dark Knight, Person of Interest), Lisa Joy, and J.J. Abrams, the series is described as a dark odyssey about the dawn of artificial consciousness and the future of sin. If it follows the central premise of the film, it revolves around androids that run amuck in a high-tech, western-style theme park.

This trailer doesn

Alien Nation says hello. First year got decent ratings, they were told they were renewed, then Fox changed their minds and cancelled them in pre-production.

I wasn't even thinking of them when I made that comment. I can't even call it a joke, because I was serious. I fully expect Minority Report to be cancelled at the end of the season. The demonstrably shittier Lucifer will make it longer before it's inevitably cancelled because there is nothing fair about this world.

But yeah, FOX does this so often, it kills any and all excitement I could ever have about any interesting show they put out.

Pilot episodes of BLINDSPOT, MINORITY REPORT and LUCIFER have been leaked online.

Finished watching all three and wasn't blown away any of them but they were still decently entertaining.

BLINDSPOT - As I said before, this feels exactly MEMENTO meets THE BLACKLIST. I'm intrigued by the mystery and look forward to seeing Jaimie Alexander rediscover her skills and kick butt each week.

MINORITY REPORT - Feels like PERSON OF INTEREST but set in the future. I like the lead character Dash and his social awkwardness leads to some amusing scenarios. Meagan Goode is hot but still unsure if she's the right fit for this series. Wilmer Valderrama's credit-stealing character is annoying but might be an asset to the show. Even without precogs, it's kinda hard to get away with a crime in their future setting with the omniscient surveillance system and other state-of-the-art techs in place. Hope we don't get a lot of PIS reasons why the perps can elude capture.

LUCIFER - The premise of Lucifer helping solve crimes is laughable but once you accept the story that Lucifer is not the traditional evil devil but just a devilishly naughty entity, then it makes it easier to enjoy the show. Out of the three leaked shows, I think I enjoyed this more because of the charming performance by Tom Ellis and his great chemistry with the female lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back