TV Show Thread (Will Smith to Produce FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we not have a thread going for Humans? Just binge watched the whole season and was hoping to read some discussion on it.

^I tried that but couldn't get into it.

Anyway, one of my "edible" shows is Dominion. Like Gotham, it's not groundbreaking tv, but it's entertaining enough. One of the main cast, Shivani Ghai, needs to be in everything ever.

Yes!!! Same thing with Uriel.

Did we not have a thread going for Humans? Just binge watched the whole season and was hoping to read some discussion on it.

What did you think of it?

I enjoyed most of the first 6 episodes (underground robot fight league aside) but felt that the ending was sloppy and poorly executed. A bit like how I felt about Utopia. Both felt like they could have finished a lot stronger.

Blindspot, Minority Report and Lucifer were all poor imo. If I had to pick the best out of the three it would be the latter.

Minority Report is a dud, I don't see it lasting.

Blindspot, I don't mind it but if it was a different female lead i'd probably be more interested.

Lucifer was mildly entertaining, was probably the only reason I preferred it to the others.

What did you think of it?

I enjoyed most of the first 6 episodes (underground robot fight league aside) but felt that the ending was sloppy and poorly executed. A bit like how I felt about Utopia. Both felt like they could have finished a lot stronger.

Agreed, I felt like the major dramatic peaks happened before the finale and I was a bit confused by some of the decisions near the end.

I really loved the family dynamic, the variation in personalities between the conscious machines, and William Hunt. His character's scenes with Emily Barrington were perfect. I although thought the interrogation of Anita/Mia by each family member was very well done.

The end felt a little scattered - like they had to tie up the plot threads but also leave openings for the next season. Wondering where they go from here.

We love Humans but also thought that the season finale was not that great.

Here's a few of our posts discussing the season finale:

HUMANS season 1 finale.

Solid season finale but a bit disappointed since I was expecting something more bombastic. Was hoping something would happen in the anti-synth rally.

One thing I find amusing in a good way is that characters' 'alignment' shifts from time to time and so does the audience's perception of them. Take for example Laura. She starts out as a unlikable character but ends up being one of the 'heroes' of the story.

I feel mostly the same way. It was a good finale, but I was expecting more fireworks.

I also like how different characters go from face to heel, or vice versa, all throughout the series.

Laura goes from largely unlikeable to the hero. Joe goes from just a guy trying to help out his family, to a shitty husband, to a snake, and full circle back to a guy just trying to help his family.

Niska is another one. She went from psycho (hu)man-hating Skynet-herald, to philosopher, to playing games with children.

Yeah, exactly what I mean.

The chubby cop goes from being unlikable to moderately likable in the end.

Hobb goes from mysterious antagonist to surprise savior in the middle and back to full-on bad guy at the end.

And so and so forth with the other characters as well.

I enjoyed this season of Humans, but the finale was disappointing. Too many things fell into place too easily. I prefer the first season of the original by a wide margin; there were a couple of twists that really put it over the top for me.

Humans was great but it felt thin in places, they had something truly incredible but didn't fully realize it's potential.

Agreed, I felt like the major dramatic peaks happened before the finale and I was a bit confused by some of the decisions near the end.

I really loved the family dynamic, the variation in personalities between the conscious machines, and William Hunt. His character's scenes with Emily Barrington were perfect. I although thought the interrogation of Anita/Mia by each family member was very well done.

The end felt a little scattered - like they had to tie up the plot threads but also leave openings for the next season. Wondering where they go from here.
Agreed on the 2nd paragraph.

As for what's going to happen in season 2, I would guess that Niska is going to have a new posse of conscious synths. I would like to see the Hawkins family again. There seems to be a romance brewing between Leo and Mattie.

Matt Ryan to Reprise CONSTANTINE Role in The CW's ARROW

Arrow-Constantine-Crossover-Dragonlord.jpg

Matt Ryan, who starred as the title character on NBC's short-lived DC Comics drama Constantine, will reprise his role on an episode of Arrow's fourth season. Ryan's John Constantine

FRIDAY THE 13TH TV Series in Development at The CW

Friday-the-13th-Jason-081115-Dragonlord.jpg

The CW is heading to Crystal Lake. The network topper Mark Pedowitz today confirmed that the CW is developing Friday The 13th, a drama series based on the long-running feature franchise. The series adaptation will be written by Steve Mitchell & Craig Van Sickle, creators of the 1996 NBC series The Pretender through CBS TV Studios.

The Friday The 13th series project originated last year when Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment sealed a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of the franchise, with Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, executive producing along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla and Mark Canton, among others.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) were tapped at the time to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Cunningham recently hinted of interest from the CW, which has now taken in the property.

Details on the remake are sketchy but the idea had been to do a contemporary series focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed. The masked Jason is being reimagined with a stronger feel of grounded reality. Since the franchise was launched with the 1980 Friday The 13th, there have been 13 movies, most recently Friday The 13th in 2009 directed by Marcus Nispel.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/friday-the-13th-series-the-cw-feature-movie-the-pretender-1201497591/

I'm trying to watch Lucifer but it is so incredibly, painfully stupid.

Why did it have to be the devil himself?

I'm having a really hard time buying the motivation of the Father of Lies to catch criminals.

The actor is fantastic, though, it's a shame they didn't find a better hook.

OK, made it to the end of Lucifer.

This show is ridiculous.

I hate to say it, but they should have gone with the old archetype, divine immortal on a mission of redemption, but not actually the devil. The show is fairly slick and the lead is strong, but I'm not buying him as the devil. It makes absolutely no sense.

I enjoyed Lucifer some of your people take TV shows way to serious

OK, made it to the end of Lucifer.

This show is ridiculous.

I hate to say it, but they should have gone with the old archetype, divine immortal on a mission of redemption, but not actually the devil. The show is fairly slick and the lead is strong, but I'm not buying him as the devil. It makes absolutely no sense.

No that would have been boring been there done that all ready

Matt Ryan to Reprise CONSTANTINE Role in The CW's ARROW

Arrow-Constantine-Crossover-Dragonlord.jpg

Matt Ryan, who starred as the title character on NBC's short-lived DC Comics drama Constantine, will reprise his role on an episode of Arrow's fourth season. Ryan's John Constantine

I'm giving Lucifer at least 4 episodes to make a final judgement call.

The pilot actually wasn't bad compared to Blindspot. I found the Lucifer pilot actually decent to watch although the premise of him being the Devil will probably be explained in the next few episodes. There's probably a deeper mystery as to why the chick is important and will be one of those reasons.

Blindspot on the other hand needs some work tightening up the script. Also the constant doe-eyed zoom-in closeup on the face scenes was a bit distracting. Like we get it, she lost her memory and she's supposed to be helpless but not really! Also, that closing scene at the end...wow, cringeworthy -->
"These tattoos are as big a mystery as Jane Doe is.

We have no way of knowing where they'll lead.

Yeah.

Well, one thing's for sure...

someone likes playing games, and it's just the beginning." cue CSI miami intro music.

FRIDAY THE 13TH TV Series in Development at The CW

Friday-the-13th-Jason-081115-Dragonlord.jpg

The CW is heading to Crystal Lake. The network topper Mark Pedowitz today confirmed that the CW is developing Friday The 13th, a drama series based on the long-running feature franchise. The series adaptation will be written by Steve Mitchell & Craig Van Sickle, creators of the 1996 NBC series The Pretender through CBS TV Studios.

The Friday The 13th series project originated last year when Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment sealed a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of the franchise, with Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, executive producing along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla and Mark Canton, among others.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) were tapped at the time to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Cunningham recently hinted of interest from the CW, which has now taken in the property.

Details on the remake are sketchy but the idea had been to do a contemporary series focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed. The masked Jason is being reimagined with a stronger feel of grounded reality. Since the franchise was launched with the 1980 Friday The 13th, there have been 13 movies, most recently Friday The 13th in 2009 directed by Marcus Nispel.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/friday-the-13th-series-the-cw-feature-movie-the-pretender-1201497591/

Yes really! I have like several stories written for that and Halloween into a TV series

We love Humans but also thought that the season finale was not that great.

Here's a few of our posts discussing the season finale:

Agreed on the 2nd paragraph.

As for what's going to happen in season 2, I would guess that Niska is going to have a new posse of conscious synths. I would like to see the Hawkins family again. There seems to be a romance brewing between Leo and Mattie.

Thanks Dragon.

I hope Niska plays a big role in season 2. She's hot and she was invited to have a special kind of understanding that will be important for the synths in the future.

Her playing with Sophie was goddam adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back