Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
a little over half way through luke cage.

most of you guys will hate it. i can't tell if i like it or hate it. in the beginning its gives you zero reason to want to keep watching, but since i did it managed to give the characters some good depth, and makes me car about them.

but slow slow slow, and lots of screen time for non supers. if you want action, skip it.

most of you guys will hate it. i can't tell if i like it or hate it. in the beginning its gives you zero reason to want to keep watching, but since i did it managed to give the characters some good depth, and makes me car about them.

but slow slow slow, and lots of screen time for non supers. if you want action, skip it.

I'm like 4 episodes in. It's okay. I'll keep watching but just because I've watched all of the Marvel Netflix series.

The last 2 episodes of Jessica Jones season 2 were so poorly written, it's really made me consider whether I want to continue with these series though.

I'm like 4 episodes in. It's okay. I'll keep watching but just because I've watched all of the Marvel Netflix series.

The last 2 episodes of Jessica Jones season 2 were so poorly written, it's really made me consider whether I want to continue with these series though.

I think the second act is pretty good. I'm on to the 3rd and see how the payoff goes.

I wish I knew this before, would've saved me a lot of time. I'm 8 episodes in and i've had to push myself to get that far.

ALTERED CARBON Renewed for Season 2 with New Star Anthony Mackie

Netflix is bringing back sci-fi drama Altered Carbon for a second season with a new leading man.

Captain America star Anthony Mackie will take over the leading role of Takeshi Kovacs, stepping in for season one star Joel Kinnaman. Additionally, Alison Schapker (Scandal, The Flash, Fringe, Alias) has joined the drama from Skydance Television as co-showrunner alongside Laeta Kalogridis. A season two episode count or return date have not yet been determined for the pricey, effects-heavy drama.

Kinnaman toplined season one of Altered Carbon as Kovacs, a time- and body-displaced soldier-turned-reluctant detective who lives in a future world where human mortality has been conquered. Hundreds of years after his most recent death, Kovacs wakes up in a brand-new body (or "sleeve," as it is called in the show's universe) and is recruited to solve a murder. Kinnaman played the dual role of Kovacs and Ryker, a police officer framed for a crime he didn't commit, whose "stack" (aka his soul) was removed from his sleeve pending further review. Using Ryker's sleeve, Kovacs embarks on a long and violent quest to unmask a killer, with unexpectedly painful and personal results.

The season one finale ended with (spoiler alert) Kovacs surrendering Ryker's sleeve to the authorities and assuming a new identity. The drama stopped short of revealing Kovacs' new sleeve. Instead, his final appearance is as a silhouette, departing the futuristic Bay City for parts unknown.

Kinnaman, who had a one-year deal for Altered Carbon, confirmed his departure days after the freshman run debuted in February with news that he would star in a reboot of Hanna for Netflix rival Amazon. (Kinnaman will reunite with his Killing co-star, Mireille Enos in Hanna.)

In a larger sense, Altered Carbon — based on the Richard K. Morgan novels — explores the journey of Takeshi Kovacs over hundreds of years and across many different bodies (and planets). It allows the Netflix series to explore themes of identity, mortality and the human soul. Season two will see Mackie be the new embodiment of Kovacs, as the series continues to expand on these deeper themes and ideas across longer periods of times and different worlds throughout the universe.

For his part, Mackie counts features The Hurt Locker, 8 Mile, All the Way and the role of Sam Wilson/The Falcon in Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War and, most recently, Avengers: Infinity War. He will next be seen in The Hate U Give, due in October, and a remake of Miss Bala, set for January.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ewed-season-2-new-star-anthony-mackie-1130243

Official Trailer for CASTLEVANIA Season 2; Returns October 26, 2018 on Netflix

I'm really enjoying Succession on HBO. Its quite funny.

Chris Rock to Star in FARGO Season 4; Production to Begin in 2019

FsyOoei.jpg

Chris Rock has just booked his first TV series regular job in nearly a decade. The comedian, former Oscar host and actor has signed on to star in the officially greenlit fourth season of Noah Hawley's FX anthology Fargo.

The role marks his first full-time TV gig since UPN's Everybody Hates Chris. The role marks Rock's return to FX, who previously exec produced talk show Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell.

"I’m a fan of Fargo and I can’t wait to work with Noah," Rock said.

In speaking with reporters Friday morning at TCA, FX CEO John Landgraf said Hawley was the one who reached out to Rock and the duo wound up having lunch during which time the showrunner explained what season four was and the actor "signed on right away."

Season four will tell a story of immigration and assimilation, and the things people do for money. In typical Fargo fashion, it's a story of decent people who are probably in over their heads. Production on season four will begin in 2019. A return date has not yet been determined.

Here's the official FX description: Season four of Fargo is set in 1950, at the end of two American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the U.S. at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York and Chicago — and African-Americans who left the South in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African-American. Together they control an alternate economy — that of exploitation, graft and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons."

Rock will play the head of one family, a man who in order to prosper has surrendered his oldest boy to his enemy and who must in turn raise his son's enemy as his own. It’s an uneasy peace, but profitable. And then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies. And everything changes.

Chris Rock to Star in Noah Hawley's 'Fargo' Season 4; Production Will Begin in 2019

Colony cancelled after season 3. Motherfuckers.
The fuck was just starting to get good.

Will getting into the pod was a cliff hanger that we never get to see the fucking alien war now??

Mother fk..

I'd rather him in a live action Transmetropolitan adaptation, but beggars can't be choosers.

So I’ve been binging the Marvel Netflix shows with the wife for the past two months. We had watched Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 as well as the Punisher when they all first came out, but we had never watched Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist or the Defenders. So we watched JJ season 1, LC season 1, IF then Defenders, then went back to JJ season 2 and are now starting LC season 2.

After two months of this I have a few thoughts:

-I don’t like any of these shows as much as Daredevil or Punisher, but they’re all still pretty good for the most part

-I like Jessica Jones probably the most of these shows, in particular the first season. Killgrave’s one of the cooler villains I’ve seen in a while

-I didn’t like Luke Cage as much as I was expecting and find it my least favourite of the MCU Netflix shows. I find it boring and too concerned with telling a message rather than telling an interesting story. It’s also far too focused on Harlem. Yeah, I know it takes place there, but I’ve never even been to New York. I don’t know anything about Harlem history or culture, nor do I care to learn

-I liked Iron Fist more than I expected. I think the show got unfairly criticized because of the “white saviour” trope. But in all fairness, the story only works if Danny Rand is white. Not because of the martial arts factor but because of the American billionaire factor, which is a pretty central part of his story. If people wanted Danny to be a billionaire AND Asian then he’d have to be from Shanghai or Tokyo or something. He couldn’t be American. Iron Fist also had some fairly compelling side characters. I particularly like Ward. I kept going back and forth from hating him to sympathizing with him. That’s a good character imo

-I thought Defenders was cool, I just wish there were more episodes like when the four characters all meet up for the big fight at the office on third or fourth episode, that was fun. It needed more of that and less of the internal politics of the Hand

-by the end of season 2 of Jessica Jones Trish Walker has gone full Skyler White as far as I’m concerned. I despise her character now, even more than her damn mother, and I want to see her die

-I’m ready to start Luke Cage season 2 now, but I don’t know how to get through it. A lot of people say it sucks, and I’d say I found season 1 the weakest of these shows that I’ve seen so far, so I’m not particularly motivated to start it

So I’ve been binging the Marvel Netflix shows with the wife for the past two months. We had watched Daredevil seasons 1 and 2 as well as the Punisher when they all first came out, but we had never watched Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist or the Defenders. So we watched JJ season 1, LC season 1, IF then Defenders, then went back to JJ season 2 and are now starting LC season 2.

-I don’t like any of these shows as much as Daredevil or Punisher, but they’re all still pretty good for the most part

-I like Jessica Jones probably the most of these shows, in particular the first season. Killgrave’s one of the cooler villains I’ve seen in a while

-I didn’t like Luke Cage as much as I was expecting and find it my least favourite of the MCU Netflix shows. I find it boring and too concerned with telling a message rather than telling an interesting story. It’s also far too focused on Harlem. Yeah, I know it takes place there, but I’ve never even been to New York. I don’t know anything about Harlem history or culture, nor do I care to learn

-I liked Iron Fist more than I expected. I think the show got unfairly criticized because of the “white saviour” trope. But in all fairness, the story only works if Danny Rand is white. Not because of the martial arts factor but because of the American billionaire factor, which is a pretty central part of his story. If people wanted Danny to be a billionaire AND Asian then he’d have to be from Shanghai or Tokyo or something. He couldn’t be American. Iron Fist also had some fairly compelling side characters. I particularly like Ward. I kept going back and forth from hating him to sympathizing with him. That’s a good character imo

-I thought Defenders was cool, I just wish there were more episodes like when the four characters all meet up for the big fight at the office on third or fourth episode, that was fun. It needed more of that and less of the internal politics of the Hand

-by the end of season 2 of Jessica Jones Trish Walker has gone full Skyler White as far as I’m concerned. I despise her character now, even more than her damn mother, and I want to see her die

-I’m ready to start Luke Cage season 2 now, but I don’t know how to get through it. A lot of people say it sucks, and I’d say I found season 1 the weakest of these shows that I’ve seen so far, so I’m not particularly motivated to start it

I haven’t watched any of them in a while,
I binged them pretty hard for a while and found new interests that are taking up my time.

I liked iron fist a lot, I know it gets a lot of hate.

I didn’t think I’d like Shane as the punisher but i ended up liking it.

I really like the marvel hero’s of time or what ever it was called for a while then got bor d of it.

I binged them pretty hard for a while and found new interests that are taking up my time.

I really liked marvel hero’s of time or whatever it was called for a while, but then got bored with it.

I really liked marvel hero’s of time or whatever it was called for a while, but then got bored with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back