Twenty years!?!

Dude, the kids that are coming up are insanely good. My buddy owns a gym in Australia, HighRollers. His son Oliver Silvestro is a fucking terror. They brought in a world champion black belt for a seminar and he couldn't tap the kid. I've been watching his competition videos since he was 12, and he's just an animal. He absolutely cleaned house in Vegas a few months back. In great shape, technical, athletic. I don't see how Gordon stays on top much longer with kids like this coming up.

Look, all I'm saying is he bulked up and ran away to heavyweight for a reason.

I just realized it. My account is twenty years old yesterday. I was a lurker for a few years before I made an account.

Honestly, the site ain't what it used to be, but I still enjoy F12. I've legit made a couple of good friends here.

Thanks for the memories and the techniques, and all the laughs mostly.
Just for some fun perspective: I was in kindergarten when you made your account! Crazy how time flies

Just for some fun perspective: I was in kindergarten when you made your account! Crazy how time flies
That's wild. I was just a couple years out of college and had gotten divorced from my first wife lmao. I lived in Japan just before that where I trained with Mario Sergio Yokoyama (Ryan Gracie black belt-- PRIDE NEVER DIE!), and around then I was back in Austin and training with Phil Cardella, who is still a good friend.

Good luck with your training, kid! You'll make lifelong friends if you're in the right gym!

Congrats. No the site isn't close to what it was when MMA was just emerging from being an underground sport and was the most exciting thing in the world. Be grateful you were there to experience that time.

I bet you a fair few accounts set up that time was specifically to take part in the Pride pbp threads back in the day.

When I was really getting into MMA back around 2005 I would spend hours on these forums. It was a wealth of knowledge and content. Good times.

Btw @mattemate you ever try prolotherapy? Look into it. It's definitely worth a shot and will be cheaper than stem cells. They also do prolo and PRP together which is supposed to be incredible.

When I was really getting into MMA back around 2005 I would spend hours on these forums. It was a wealth of knowledge and content. Good times.

Btw @mattemate you ever try prolotherapy? Look into it. It's definitely worth a shot and will be cheaper than stem cells. They also do prolo and PRP together which is supposed to be incredible.
I've never heard of it. I'll take note and look into it. Thanks for looking out!

Back