Twitch Becomes Safe Space

Some people love to troll so you know they'll be testing the system.

If they think there is even the slightest possibility of them getting a streamer suspended or punished in any way they'll be out in force. It's the ultimate trolling accomplishment

If they think there is even the slightest possibility of them getting a streamer suspended or punished in any way they'll be out in force. It's the ultimate trolling accomplishment
Exactly. They're creating an incentive for those folks.

I would say harassment online is something that should be addressed, and it is not just social justice activists that think this.

...now it's harassment. this goalpost keeps moving... and changing, entirely.

also, lolz @ online harassment. sounds like:

Yesterday is when these new guidelines went into effect. Some people have said they think some big streamer is going to be wrongly banned and then there will be a backlash and Twitch will try to walk it back a bit. We shall see...

So how long until Super Seducer is banned from Twitch?

The PUA simulator was expected to be released last week on PC and PS4 but Sony blocked its publication at the last minute, likely in response to a Vice Motherboard article criticizing Sony and Steam for normalizing sleazy and stalker behaviour. The PC release was unaffected.

I checked out a stream briefly and it looks extremely boring to me but I suppose it's a novelty thing. In any event, I assume Twitch simply isn't aware of the controversy yet so it will be interesting to see how they respond once they find out.

Back