Twitter is actually banning people posting the ‘NPC’ meme for “dehumanizing speech"

Right wing comedy is awful.

Really now? Tom Wolfe is no doubt glowering form the afterlife.

tom-wolfe-427x320.jpg

The problem is more, as a right-leaning semi-intellectual comic, who is your audience?

The working classes? A lot of them are not going to "get it."

Business people? A lot of them are busy, or insist "get a real job, loser."

Christians? A lot of them are genteel people not into scoffing/mocking. Imagine making a laugh track Ned Flanders would approve of.

... All right, let us say you find that audience, which is narrow but certainly exists.

Who will promote your ideas?

If you are direct about your politics and ideas, well, a lot of group-think among editors and writers is going to make your career rather difficult.

If you are indirect? You may also see all the group-think among editors, writers, ECT. and imagine... hmm, if I am really going to hit it big, why not compromise my ideas for success... vanity is quite the siren, and she is always singing.

OK... you make it past these hurdles... now you are say, Mark Styen, who when he wants can have a caustic wit that sears through "Libs" like Krispy Kreme through a glutenous teen's enamel... you can write inspired musings to that tiny audience, and... being that you are on the right, get a ton more criticism, accosted in media and sometimes by the law for pushing speech "too far" in the "wrong" direction... and have almost nothing to show for it except respect, among a very small class of intellectuals and rulers.

OR!... YOU CAN GUEST HOST FOR RUSH LIMBAUGH AND CHURN OUT THE SOUNDBYTES! YES! I JUST SCORED ALL THE TOUCHDOWNS ON THOSE STUPID LEFTIES AND MY NEXT GUEST IS TED NUGENT!

Now you have money, and the adulation of many more people, and you get invited to more parties... congratulations.... congratulations...

When you think about it though, few men can stand apart for long, because they better have a very good reason to stand against the tide of whoever their people are. We all need a representative body, whether we are into buying and selling, or governing and delegating.

@sniper @Bald1 , because I want to know what they think about this phenomenon.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the most accurate, poignant criticism one can make of the extreme leftists and it's like salt on a slug. The way people react is just as funny as the meme itself

Yeah well, they're still calling people Non Playable Characters. A term mainly referencing RPG's which is corny as hell.

Old man spotted. Never played a video game? NPC isn't obscure at all, they exist in some capacity in almost every single genre of game. It doesn't even make sense to shit on RPGs considering mainstream gems like dark souls, witcher, skyrim, fallout, etc. It ain't for nerds anymore.

None player character. It’s a nerd thing like a lot of right wing ‘culture’.
Get the hell over yourself. Go over to Resetera, former NeoGaf. The nerdiest of the nerds and the would crucify you for not being left enough.

Trying to isolate gaming vernacular to right wingers. You're either completely misinformed, uniformed or just a flat out liar.

It's usually referred to as "Non Player Character" but that's just the 14 year old NwN nerd in me coming up.
Yeah well, they're still calling people Non Playable Characters. A term mainly referencing RPG's which is corny as hell.

Really now? Tom Wolfe is no doubt glowering form the afterlife.

tom-wolfe-427x320.jpg

The problem is more, as a right-leaning semi-intellectual comic, who is your audience?

The working classes? A lot of them are not going to "get it."

Business people? A lot of them are busy, or insist "get a real job, loser."

Christians? A lot of them are genteel people not into scoffing/mocking. Imagine making a laugh track Ned Flanders would approve of.

... All right, let us say you find that audience, which is narrow but certainly exists.

Who will promote your ideas?

If you are direct about your politics and ideas, well, a lot of group-think among editors and writers is going to make your career rather difficult.

If you are indirect? You may also see all the group-think among editors, writers, ECT. and imagine... hmm, if I am really going to hit it big, why not compromise my ideas for success... vanity is quite the siren, and she is always singing.

OK... you make it past these hurdles... now you are say, Mark Styen, who when he wants can have a caustic wit that sears through "Libs" like Krispy Kreme through a glutenous teen's enamel... you can write inspired musings to that tiny audience, and... being that you are on the right, get a ton more criticism, accosted in media and sometimes by the law for pushing speech "too far" in the "wrong" direction... and have almost nothing to show for it except respect, among a very small class of intellectuals and rulers.

OR!... YOU CAN GUEST HOST FOR RUSH LIMBAUGH AND CHURN OUT THE SOUNDBYTES! YES! I JUST SCORED ALL THE TOUCHDOWNS ON THOSE STUPID LEFTIES AND MY NEXT GUEST IS TED NUGENT!

Now you have money, and the adulation of many more people, and you get invited to more parties... congratulations.... congratulations...

When you think about it though, few men can stand apart for long, because they better have a very good reason to stand against the tide of whoever their people are. We all need a representative body, whether we are into buying and selling, or governing and delegating.

@sniper @Bald1 , because I want to know what they think about this phenomenon.

Or maybe conservatives are just boring, unfunny, dorks.

Old man spotted. Never played a video game? NPC isn't obscure at all, they exist in some capacity in almost every single genre of game. It doesn't even make sense to shit on RPGs considering mainstream gems like dark souls, witcher, skyrim, fallout, etc. It ain't for nerds anymore.
No.

MMORPGs like Ragnarok, Endless,Rose etc are very tedioius games to play and in some ways kinda ridiculous. You really need a ton of free time to be able to be good at it.

But despite that people are addicted to it.
Do or did you ever play Dota / Dota 2?

So from what I understand:

Leftists these days are so obsessed with racial discrimination and Nazi's, that they've deluded themselves into thinking they're about to be on the wrong side of Trumps anti-NPC Reich.

Dude I live in Japan, free speech exists but is almost never exercised. Most people are just NPCs, seriously.
Civil discourse should be encouraged , but banning views you don't agree with is another thing. I do t agree with that. It's frightening and can change the direction we go in society.

I don't know what we want to be, that's the question. Given AI, robots and instability, I have trouble imagining just ten years from now
It's a very Asian thing ( from the MidEast to South Asia to East Asia) to be conformist and not say anything that can disrupt social harmony. I really effing hate that concept of social harmony that is prevalent in Asia, where the government and society extols the need for social harmony over being honest and introspective. We are fcked as a society if we adopt the Asian penchant for social harmony over free expression.

I work with conservatives and they're in management and insufferably incompetent compared to me.

I see the irony was lost on you.I am so surprised!

Now, ninja escape powers activate!

*disappears from the thread in a cloud of white smoke while Rational Poster Googles complicated things like irony, gleaning, and Tom Wolfe*

Get the hell over yourself. Go over to Resetera, former NeoGaf. The nerdiest of the nerds and the would crucify you for not being left enough.

Trying to isolate gaming vernacular to right wingers. You're either completely misinformed, uniformed or just a flat out liar.
Lying about what?

So from what I understand:

Leftists these days are so obsessed with racial discrimination and Nazi's, that they've deluded themselves into thinking they're about to be on the wrong side of Trumps anti-NPC Reich.
Trump grass roots supporters fit well into the NPC meme, cause they unflinchingly support him . Trump himself said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still get the support of his grass roots.

It is the most accurate, poignant criticism one can make of the extreme leftists and it's like salt on a slug. The way people react is just as funny as the meme itself

It's the same thing for the right, if there isn't more drones on the right. Look at sherdog, "insane leftist" "TDS" over and over and over. There is no free thinking in puking those things all over the place. Thats why none of this makes sense, the people posting these memes are just as much "npc" as the people they are crying about.

Back