Twitter is actually banning people posting the ‘NPC’ meme for “dehumanizing speech"

I see the irony was lost on you.I am so surprised!

Now, ninja escape powers activate!

*disappears from the thread in a cloud of white smoke while Rational Poster Googles complicated things like irony, gleaning, and Tom Wolfe*
<FookIsThatGuy>

It's a very Asian thing ( from the MidEast to South Asia to East Asia) to be conformist and not say anything that can disrupt social harmony. I really effing hate that concept of social harmony that is prevalent in Asia, where the government and society extols the need for social harmony over being honest and introspective. We are fcked as a society if we adopt the Asian penchant for social harmony over free expression.
Indeed. It's ok to an extent z but at the expense of essentially everything is bonkers. Like making kids with brown hair dye their hair black. It's gets stupid. I'm worried that without another source of information , we're heading to that. By we I mean you living in the west. Not me, I'm in NPC ville

Trump grass roots supporters fit well into the NPC meme, cause they unflinchingly support him . Trump himself said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still get the support of his grass roots.
1539689593718.jpg

07-archer.w1200.h630.jpg

Clearly, this is the most pressing issue facing mankind, and the only logical response is to elect politicians who deny climate change is a man made phenomenon and want to end Social Security.

I love in Japan and have been calling a lot of the people here NPCs. Especially the ones who can't grasp new concepts or even think for themselves .
And yet the people who use this meme tend to worship that culture.

Old man spotted. Never played a video game? NPC isn't obscure at all, they exist in some capacity in almost every single genre of game. It doesn't even make sense to shit on RPGs considering mainstream gems like dark souls, witcher, skyrim, fallout, etc. It ain't for nerds anymore.
Yeah I'm sure. These guys go out in the real world, start referring to people as normies and NPC's, get seen as dorks, go back to their internet hive to complain about Chad and Stacey who laughed at them, then wonder why they have such an urge to shoot up their school.

Trump grass roots supporters fit well into the NPC meme, cause they unflinchingly support him . Trump himself said he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and still get the support of his grass roots.

Not to mention their narcissistic tendencies.

This meme reeks of pathetic because it implies that they are the "heroes" of their own stories, thats far more snowflakey than anything in the left.

This meme reeks of pathetic because it implies that they are the "heroes" of their own stories

LOL

You might just be reading a bit too much into it. Good God.

There are some good ones out there! I always felt that the best way to combat drones from any affiliation, who are trying to suppress freedom of expression, is through mockery/humour. It did wonders against the fundies from the religious right.
NPC-37-kavanaugh-protests-antifa-618x412.jpg

NPC-7-msnbc-msnpc.jpg

This one killed me. Reminds me of the MMA moments in MS Paint
maxresdefault.jpg

"Free" doesn't just mean from government. It can apply to any source. Don't be confused simply because our Constitution only guarantees against government censorship. Censorship occurs quite regularly in the private sector.

No it can't apply to any source. I can't go stand in your living room spouting conspiracy theories at my leisure while you have to sit there and take it because I have freedom of speech. Why would you think that? I'm entitled to say almost whatever I want, but not anywhere.

Nor does Twitter have to tollerate Alex Jones occupying their platform spouting vitriol in violation of the TOS he agreed to. He is still free to say whatever he wants, just not in their living room.

That's the difference between public and private.

FUCKING LOL @ all the shook ones this meme has touched a nerve with.

FUCKING LOL @ all the shook ones this meme has touched a nerve with.

I need a list of people "shook" by this meme, please. Tag them so they can know how shook they are.

Conservatives should start their own Twitter. And no doubt they would allow all lefty opinions.

I only heard about this NPC meme last night, and didn't know what it was until reading OP. Whole thing is just silly, from the meme to the censorship.
Gab.ai

Do you even internet anymore brah? The problem is when bigger tech giants start attacking smaller sites by going after their domain registrar, payment processors (including banks, like we keep seeing with big gun manufacturers)

Of course Gab made their default no picture avatar the NPC meme

Gab.ai

Do you even internet anymore brah? The problem is when bigger tech giants start attacking smaller sites by going after their domain registrar, payment processors (including banks, like we keep seeing with big gun manufacturers)

Of course Gab made their default no picture avatar the NPC meme

Yup, sounds like the internet needs some regulation to guarantee competitiveness.

Back