Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

Woodley has two P(F)OTN bonuses in his last 4 title fights. It is a myth that he is a boring champion
He holds the record for least amount of strikes thrown in a title fight. Look bonuses are nice and all but no one, NO ONE, is buying a PPV for Tyron Woodley.

His fights have a tendency to be dogshit boring( Maia, Thompson) and his personality is boring to top it all off, with a major side of arrogance and annoying.

Wahhhh my racism. Wahhhhh muh money fight. Pay me more! I'M THE MAYWEATHER OF MMA WITH 3 DEFENCES!

Woodley flatlines him in 1 round. George knows that. Thats why GSP doesnt want the WW title shot. Its not about money, cause that fight sells ("GSP returns for his belt"). Its about getting easy money on weak preys like Bisping and Nate.

This is a fight i can see coming a mile away after GSP won.

"Woodley sucks, lost to Rory, was never elite" On and on. GSP would not get no props for the win..

JNDA_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif
And Rory lost to Lawler, twice who Woodley took out in epic fashion, so this ^^^ makes no kind of sense...

Just because he's a hypocrite. It doesn't make him wrong.

Easy to get Woodleys frustration. He should have had the GSP fight in the bag.

I never expected this from GSP. He was always so concerned with his legacy. I thought he would be either competing or all the way retired, but here he is lingering around looking for money fights that add little to his legacy.

GSP doesn't want anything to do with Tyron. Either he feels he cant win, or he won't be active enough to defend the belt. Either way Woodley gets screwed so I get why he's lashing out a bit.

???

Winning the LW belt does more for his legacy, not sure how you can't see this.

A LW time up fight makes sense since it allows him to see how his body reacts to the cut.

Woodley flatlines him in 1 round. George knows that. Thats why GSP doesnt want the WW title shot. Its not about money, cause that fight sells ("GSP returns for his belt"). Its about getting easy money on weak preys like Bisping and Nate.

Bisping Is a far greater fighter in history, than Woodley is now or ever will be. That shit is not even close.

I'd rather see Khabib fight the guys actually fighting at LW now than step-in and walk away George for another fight experiment. Taking 4yrs off and fighting the current WW champ and taking his belt is just as legacy worthy as a 3 weight champ...

Nope cause if he can win the LW belt, he'll be remembered as an undersized WW like BJ and everyone like Toner will lose their ammo about him beating LWs cause GSP will be one too.

Wait, does Woodley still fight? I figured he had retired since he has been out of action for so long...

He is one of the most active champions the UFC has. He had three title defenses in under a year since winning the title, in which case he tore his labrum in his shoulder.

I personally am not a fan of his but let’s be real. He averages 2-3 fights a year, says he will be ready by June. That leaves him open for July/August and then November/December.

The real issue is the hypocrisy of calling out Georges for a potential Nate fight when Tyron’s ‘money’ fight was Nate. At least GSP was willing to go down to 155, if true, instead of fighting at 170 against a 155’er like Woodley would be looking for.

Why would GSP fight Nate when he dominated Nick? Nick is much better than Nate.

To test his body at 155 and if he feels good then he can fight Khabib next which would be arguably the biggest fight in UFC history because Khabib is undefeated and if Georges wins he would be the only 3 weight champion in UFC history. That's why Nate at 155.

Easy to get Woodleys frustration. He should have had the GSP fight in the bag.

I never expected this from GSP. He was always so concerned with his legacy. I thought he would be either competing or all the way retired, but here he is lingering around looking for money fights that add little to his legacy.

GSP doesn't want anything to do with Tyron. Either he feels he cant win, or he won't be active enough to defend the belt. Either way Woodley gets screwed so I get why he's lashing out a bit.
Honestly you are super naive (nicest way I can say it) if you do not see that a LW title would add more to his legacy than any other fight.

Woodley couldn't flatline Georges on his best day. Are you serious?

GSP has his sights set on building his legacy as much as he can right now.

No one can doubt that winning the LW belt and being the only 3 division title holder would be the biggest thing he could accomplish. A Diaz win lets him see how his health is and how he feels at LW before taking on the champ. It smart considering his recent health challenges.

That said I could completely see him fighting for the WW belt after taking the LW if he still has the fire in his belly for one more accomplishment. Sure adding 'another' WW belt title to his resume is less impressive than adding the MW and LW titles but it still would be the cherry on top to say he went again proving that the WW division did not grow beyond him and he was still ALSO the best WW in the world along with one of the best LW's and one of the best MW's.
GSP doesn't fight every 4 months. By the time he goes down to LW to try and grab the title, IF he ever goes down, he will be around 38. Him going back up to WW would put him near 40 years old.

As much as I would like to see that, I think you're overestimating the hunger he still has left. Hell we don't even know if he's ever going to fight again.

That MW belt was a big accomplishment for him and the thought of fighting again probably isn't that great since he won it.

Lets say he does decide to go down for that 155 belt and happens to win it. There is no way in hell he's going back to WW to try and recapture the belt. He will retire right then and there.

Nope cause if he can win the LW belt, he'll be remembered as an undersized WW like BJ and everyone like Toner will lose their ammo about him beating LWs cause GSP will be one too.
"he'll be remembered as an undersized WW like BJ"

"cause GSP will be one too"

wtf.gif

I like Georges but I agree.

It's not like he went down to fight for the belt so he could potentially be the first 3 division champ. He went down for a money fight against an inactive LW tailor made for is style.

Woodley keeps wasting time holding out for a winning lottery ticket.
If he just put in the work he might get that money and respect the old fashion way.

Back