Tyron Woodley - "I'm not respected by the people for being a Champion."

Cry some more. They became Champs in MMA too.

"I dont care what you believe."

You got upset for no reason, now I'm just trolling you.

Tyron has always been a boring fighter. You were looking for brownie points claiming to enjoy the worst part of his career.

Last edited:
Are you unfamiliar with one of the oldest and common phrases in fighting history or are you just being an ass to that guy?

What phrase is that, to be the "Champ you have to beat the Champ."???? Cuz that's not the same thing at all or what dude said.

Point is they both have to fight, it's not the challengers job to make it a fight, it is both fighters responsibility.

He lost the killer instinct as he was scared of being caught. The Hardy arm bar is the perfect example.
So if the doctors did their job and stop Kos 2 before the end of the 5th and gave GSP the rightful TKO win and GSP lands that arm bar are your feelings about his killer instinct different?

Personally, even though I'm not a big fan, I DO respect that at least TWood remains an active champ who fights the top guys in his division, in an era where that increasingly seems to be becoming the exception, and not the rule.
Exactly my sentiments. He tends to have boring fights, but shit at least he epitomizes what made the UFC so great until the past couple of years

So if the doctors did their job and stop Kos 2 before the end of the 5th and gave GSP the rightful TKO win and GSP lands that arm bar are your feelings about his killer instinct different?

+Condit
+Diaz
+Hendricks
+Alves
+Shields
+Fitch

All fights completely dominated without a single risk by attempting to finish

All fights completely dominated without a single risk...

If that's true, how can you deny this guy being the greatest fighter of all time?

Sounds like the perfect fighter to me.

You think a Woodley fan could share T-Woodz' appreciation for avoiding danger. Not getting hit is half the game.

What phrase is that, to be the "Champ you have to beat the Champ."???? Cuz that's not the same thing at all or what dude said.

Point is they both have to fight, it's not the challengers job to make it a fight, it is both fighters responsibility.

No. Exactly what he said. Verbatim.

I know what you’re saying.

but in close slow fights the champion will get the benefit of the doubt in those close rounds so as a challenger you may have to do a little extra.

It’s nit about if that’s right or wrong. But that’s the reality of it.
Does it always happen? No.
But that’s why that saying exists.

Tryon was given a TS for doing nothing other than making weight and whining excessively. He put a bad taste in everyone's mouth from the start and now he wonders why people don't respect him. He's on the path to being likable now though. Although there were some serious cringe moments during that podcast.

If that's true, how can you deny this guy being the greatest fighter of all time?

Sounds like the perfect fighter to me

If you read my posts, I do think he is the best to do it - I just find him frustrating as despite being so good, he could’ve reached a completely different level.

Also, I’m not a massive Woodley Guy.

If you read my posts, I do think he is the best to do it - I just find him frustrating as despite being so good, he could’ve reached a completely different level.

Also, I’m not a massive Woodley Guy.

The best wasn't good enough for you?

Well when people root for his opponents are instantly labeled racist, it kind of takes away from his popularity

The best wasn't good enough for you?

I get the sense that he could have finished many of his UD wins, that’s all. I thought after being sparked out by Serra that he became a conservative fighter.

I get the sense that he could have finished many of his UD wins, that’s all. I thought after being sparked out by Serra that he became a conservative fighter.

Relative to who? Not Tyron Woodley, I'm sure.

GSP finished 3 of his next 5 fights. One of the decisions is one of the most lopsided beat downs in UFC history. One was Koscheck, and he gave him the worst beating and pain of his life the second time.

Do you think GSP became conservative or did you read that on Sherdog just enough to feel comfortable repeating it?

I think GSP's opponents were extremely conservative, for their own safety.

It's a weird business where the champions who defend , stay active and fight contenders receive the least amount of acclaim.

Well....Did you watched his title defenses? For one i think he lost the first one to WB 3-2, second could had been a draw, or more of the same, fight was a snoozefest anyway and then, he defeats Maia, in a similar uneventful fashion, he is still the champ, but his fight are not interesting, and he is kinf of annoying outside of the cage.

rogan's right. he's crazy. definitely a head case. it's all in his head. I do know with all the bitching he does, he definitely loses fans

Relative to who? Not Tyron Woodley, I'm sure.

GSP finished 3 of his next 5 fights. One of the decisions is one of the most lopsided beat downs in UFC history. One was Koscheck, and he gave him the worst beating and pain of his life the second time.

Do you think GSP became conservative or did you read that on Sherdog just enough to feel comfortable repeating it?

I think GSP's opponents were extremely conservative, for their own safety.
GSP ran from the division. The WW Champ is calling him out for a fight. Where you at Georges? LOL

GSP ran from the division. The WW Champ is calling him out for a fight. Where you at Georges? LOL

Of course he is calling out the GOAT. GSP is the measuring stick for greatness in MMA.

Also, try harder. This was so weak. LOL.

Not a fan of Woodley’s fighting style as of late (would not buy a PPV if his fight is the main fight) but definitely respect his talent/accomplishments.

Back