Tyron Woodley responds to Dana mocking the degree of "he wont fight because his thumb hurts"

I'm not a big T-Wood fan but Dana shouldn't be throwing his guys under the bus like this. It's just bad leadership no matter how you slice it.

I didn't care for the race baiting near the start of his reign. But Tyron is doing nothing but putting down good challengers is a fairly timely manner compared to some champion. And it's definitely not hard to see he's kind of having to deal with a bit of a stacked deck where dana dosen't like him. His only saving grace is he seemingly has a strong grip on that title. And that currently handcuffs dana as long as tyron keeps picking off challengers.

Yep and I don’t blame him for negotiating tough. I mean It’s tough because he’s not a draw which he’s 36 now and probably never will be so I’m sure he’s asking for good money up front as he knows with his age, and dislike from Dana the day he loses he’s done in the UFC. He’ll never get another title shot never make decent money so I don’t blame him for trying to hold on to it and be healthy as possible for each title fight.

Yep and I don’t blame him for negotiating tough. I mean It’s tough because he’s not a draw which he’s 36 now and probably never will be so I’m sure he’s asking for good money up front as he knows with his age, and dislike from Dana the day he loses he’s done in the UFC. He’ll never get another title shot never make decent money so I don’t blame him for trying to hold on to it and be healthy as possible for each title fight.
Yeah given the stage of his career he is at, he's likely wise to do so.

Woodley will come back sooner or later and i hope he makes ANOTHER statement (like the Till victory).

Sure, he has had a few bad fights/performances. So what? He is a pretty good fighter overall imo.

Yeah given the stage of his career he is at, he's likely wise to do so.

Yep and do You think any sherdogges are gonna help keep mama Woodley house out of foreclosure? Fuck no. When woodley complains they’ll say he signed the contract and shouldn’t have fought until healthy and should have negotiated better.

I don't like Woodley even a little bit but my god, anyone that thinks Dana White is a good promoter is on drugs. He's as unprofessional as they come.

He could probably be replaced tomorrow and it would have zero negative impact on the company.

Oh okay, cuz Woodley is such a great striker *rollseyes*

You sound like you can't be objective when it comes to Woodley. Usman, Colby and Askren are some of the easier style match ups he can get. Woodley outstruck Wonderboy x2, Till and Koed Lawler. If Woodley isn't a great striker at WW then who is?

You sound like you can't be objective when it comes to Woodley. Usman, Colby and Askren are some of the easier style match ups he can get. Woodley outstruck Wonderboy x2, Till and Koed Lawler. If Woodley isn't a great striker at WW then who is?

Definitely not freaking Woodley.
Outstruck Wonderboy? Till? Lawlor? Hilarious. lol

Dana has the power to wreck Woodley in several ways.

Definitely not freaking Woodley.
Outstruck Wonderboy? Till? Lawlor? Hilarious. lol

Yes, he outstruck Wonderboy twice, the object of striking in MMA is damage and he damaged him more twice. He also outstruck Till and Lawler. Are you going to answer the question I asked or keep trolling?

I'm not sure why you aren't being objective about Woodley but it's extremely obvious you aren't and that you are underrating the hell out of him due to how you feel about him.

Dana has been walking this fine line for quite some time.

He has to, with one hand, devalue his fighters to have negotiation leverage, and with the other hand claim they have the best talent in the world.

It's a fun watch
he wants more conor's, not less. it's silly to think he doesn't want guys to sell as many ppv as possible.

Maybe for the few hardcore fans on MMA forums, but for the mainstream casuals (who are the bulk of the PPV buyers), Dana's constant undermining of Woodley and reluctance to promote him hurt both Woodley's popularity and the UFC's ability to capitalize on PPV sales of WW title fights.
imagine if they allowed twood to be one of the main tv personalities for fox......

Yes, he outstruck Wonderboy twice, the object of striking in MMA is damage and he damaged him more twice. He also outstruck Till and Lawler. Are you going to answer the question I asked or keep trolling?

I'm not sure why you aren't being objective about Woodley but it's extremely obvious you aren't and that you are underrating the hell out of him due to how you feel about him.

Outstruck? Lul
Legit didnt do nuthing till landing that one power shot lul

Outstruck? Lul
Legit didnt do nuthing till landing that one power shot lul

Do you not understand how striking is scored in MMA? Effective striking is code word for damage. You still haven't answered the question I asked you, if Woodley isn't a great striker at WW then who is?

Back