Tyron Woodley Says Floyd Mayweather's MMA Journey Begins Next Week

Well there had to be a reason the mods kept that stupid mayfeather McGregor thread up for a year...had to be an inevitable rematch

lol at 125. Floyd turned pro at 130.

He could not make 135 let alone 125.

He'll fight at 145, guaranteed.
I said if he was an actual MMA fighter.

I also said what 145er weighs under 160lbs.

I said if he was an actual MMA fighter.

I also said what 145er weighs under 160lbs.

So being an actual MMA fighter would enable him to make weight that he couldn't ordinarily make, a weight Floyd hasn't made since was a teenager?

If he actually fights anybody in MMA He's a damn fool.

b23238c8aa4d4edbb900b0e90f9986e5.jpg

afaik boxers don't cut much weight

You're one of a few people who has said that on this forum, and I have no idea how this myth has managed to perpetuate the MMA community.

It's completely untrue. Pacquiao and Floyd don't cut much weight (Pacquiao probably almost nothing), amateur boxers don't cut much weight, basically every other pro boxer in the world does.

Boxers routinely put on 15 to 20 pounds overnight, between the weigh in and the fight. No different to MMA fighters, and no different to Conor who seemingly goes from 155 to 170, and is known for cutting a lot of weight.

Danny Jacobs put on 23 pounds after the weigh in against Golovkin, 160 to 183.

Floyd is very much the exception to the rule, he always stays close to fighting weight, doesn't cut much water, but make no mistake he is not making 135. He filled out into a solid 147 pounder, and moved up from 135 to 140 because he outgrew the division.

Last edited:
Woodley will probably make more money training Floyd than actually competing in MMA. Guess Woodley got his money fight, & he doesn't even have to fight.

You're one of a few people who has said that on this forum, and I have no idea how this myth has managed to perpetuate the MMA community.

It's completely untrue. Pacquiao and Floyd don't cut weight, amateur boxers don't cut much weight, basically every other pro boxer in the world does.

Boxers routinely put on 15 to 20 pounds overnight, between the weigh in and the fight. No different to MMA fighters, and no different to Conor who seemingly goes from 155 to 170, and is known for cutting a lot of weight.

Danny Jacobs put on 23 pounds after the weigh in against Golovkin, 160 to 183.

Floyd is very much the exception to the rule, he always stays close to fighting weight, doesn't really cut water, but make no mistake he is not making 135. He filled out into a solid 147 pounder, and moved up from 135 to 140 because he outgrew the division.

Boxers don't cut WATER weight the way MMA fighters do. Boxers will gain weight but they get in shape for weigh ins, that is the extent of a boxers weight cut. Boxers aren't sitting in saunas or laying on the floor with towels to cut water. They just get in shape.

So the difference between and MMA fighter cutting and a Boxer cutting is:

MMA fighter weight cut tend to include both getting in shape and then cutting a lot of water to make weight.

Boxer weight cut is generally just getting into fight shape, losing a couple pounds in the process.

You won't see Boxers coming into weigh ins drained like this
mcg3.jpg

There is a South Korean movie about a woman who was physically and sexually abused by her kick boxing champion husband. The woman eventually I'd able to leave him and trains maybe 6 months. When the fight the husband handicaps himself by having 1 arm tied up. For the majority of the fight the husband beats the shit out of her, until she just losses it and screams away all the frustrations and anger of her powerlessness for so many years. Thereafter, the wife beats the shit out of the husband...and this even after he frees his arm. It was a great movie even if it was comeptitve unbelievable and impossible by any real world standards. The reason I am bringing into it up is because I think Floyd's chances of beating Conor in MMA are just as ridiculous. This clown show has gone on long enough. Isn't this guy happy with 500 million dollars? Why do this? Are we suppose to believe Floyd actually wants to test himseof when he ducked Pacquiao until he was out of his prime?

Boxers don't cut WATER weight the way MMA fighters do. Boxers will gain weight but they get in shape for weigh ins, that is the extent of a boxers weight cut. Boxers aren't sitting in saunas or laying on the floor with towels to cut water. They just get in shape.

So the difference between and MMA fighter cutting and a Boxer cutting is:

MMA fighter weight cut tend to include both getting in shape and then cutting a lot of water to make weight.

Boxer weight cut is generally just getting into fight shape, losing a couple pounds in the process.

You won't see Boxers coming into weigh ins drained like this
mcg3.jpg

Of course they cut water weight, jesus christ, I've seen them do it. How else do you think they put on 20 pounds overnight other than rehydrating?

It's very normal for pro boxers to run in sweat suits, and use saunas. They've been doing it before MMA even existed.

Again, I don't know how this myth started, but if you don't know what you're talking about, it's best to not spout bullshit and spread misinformation.

Boxers absolutely cut water weight and have been doing so for decades.

If you've never seen a drained looking boxer at a weigh in, you simply don't watch boxing. A lot of boxing fans even wait till the weigh in before placing bets in case one of them looks overly drained at the weigh in.

Last edited:
If Mayweather doesn't cut water weight, then how come he had an IV the night before the Pac fight? A banned IV that he then had to get a retro-active TUE for 3 weeks later.

"Mayweather's medical team told the collection agents that the IV -- which reportedly included a 250-milliliter mixture of saline and multivitamins and a 500-milliliter mixture of saline and Vitamin C -- was being given to Mayweather for rehydration purposes following the weigh-in."

Of course he cuts water weight, just much less than other boxers. Pacquiao might be the only one to barely cut any weight at all, but he is tiny, like 5'5 and started his career at 106 pounds.

Back