Tyron Woodley Says Floyd Mayweather's MMA Journey Begins Next Week

Who are these boxers that are coming in 20 pounds over on fight night compared to there weigh in weight. Like give me 5 specific examples. That shouldn't be difficult since you are adamant that Boxers are cutting like MMA fighters.

You can name any MMA fighter and he is probably cutting around 20 pounds to make weight. You can do the same with Boxing. You'd have to look to find the Boxers who are cutting like that. Because Boxers don't cut like MMA fighters, plain and simple.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, you're spouting utter nonsense. Where did you get this random idea in your head that boxers don't cut weight?

The fact that you don't believe there are even 5 examples of a fighter coming in that much over proves you don't even watch boxing.

Here are some easy examples of boxers gaining around 20 pounds overnight from the weigh in to the fight. There are many, many more.

Gatti, 20 pounds overnight against Gamache, from 140 to 160.

Pavlik, 20 pounds overnight, from 160 to 180.

Clottey, 21 pounds, from 149 to 170.

McClellan, 20 pounds, 160 to 180.

Ortiz, 17 pounds from 147 to 164 against Floyd.

Maidana, 19 pounds from 146 to 165 against Floyd.

I've also seen Mayorga, Cotto, Rios, Chavez Jr, and Alvarez come in almost 20 pounds heavier by fight night.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't know about a given subject, just shut the fuck up about it, instead of spouting shit and making yourself look like the idiot you are.

You even have little 118 pounders gaining 16 pounds overnight.

165542.jpg

And if it wasn't obvious enough, you can see here Floyd is very much the exception, not the rule.

Mayweather.vs.Ortiz-Mayweather-Ortiz%2BHBO%2Bboxing%252C%2BMayweather-Ortiz%2B2011%2B09%2B17.jpg

Wow cant wait for this young prospect. I bet he fights Erick Silva for the belt in 2023 or so.
Love it how there is so much serious news these days about great fights and prospects and almost no nonsense.
I'm sure you wouldn't watch it.

You have literally no idea what you're talking about, you're spouting utter nonsense. Where did you get this random idea in your head that boxers don't cut weight?

The fact that you don't believe there are even 5 examples of a fighter coming in that much over proves you don't even watch boxing.

Here are some easy examples of boxers gaining around 20 pounds overnight from the weigh in to the fight. There are many, many more.

Gatti, 20 pounds overnight against Gamache, from 140 to 160.

Pavlik, 20 pounds overnight, from 160 to 180.

Clottey, 21 pounds, from 149 to 170.

McClellan, 20 pounds, 160 to 180.

Ortiz, 17 pounds from 147 to 164 against Floyd.

Maidana, 19 pounds from 146 to 165 against Floyd.

I've also seen Mayorga, Cotto, Rios, Chavez Jr, and Alvarez come in almost 20 pounds heavier by fight night.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. If you don't know about a given subject, just shut the fuck up about it, instead of spouting shit and making yourself look like the idiot you are.

You even have little 118 pounders gaining 16 pounds overnight.

165542.jpg

And if it wasn't obvious enough, you can see here Floyd is very much the exception, not the rule.

Mayweather.vs.Ortiz-Mayweather-Ortiz%2BHBO%2Bboxing%252C%2BMayweather-Ortiz%2B2011%2B09%2B17.jpg

Now are the guys who cut the exception or the rule? As in, are the guys who cut the majority or the minority? These are rhetorical questions. In MMA, you can pretty much name any fighter and they are cutting around 20 pounds and up. In Boxing, you have to look for them as they are in the minority. The fact that you had to look as far back as Gatti for this argument that Boxers cut a lot of weight just shows you there aren't many examples. I can just name any 5 fighters on the last UFC card to look for MMA fighters who cut 20 pounds.

What is funny is, in both of the images you posted, there was less than a 10 pound difference for the other fighter. Both Nonito and Floyd gained less than 10 pounds on fight night. That is what is more consistently seen with Boxers on fight night.

So dumb, so instead of khabib/tony winner vs Conor we will see conor vs mayweather, smh.
I'd just be happy to see him in the octagon. I don't see it happening in the UFC. I think he will do a one and done for his own promotion he starts up though.

Now are the guys who cut the exception or the rule? As in, are the guys who cut the majority or the minority? These are rhetorical questions. In MMA, you can pretty much name any fighter and they are cutting around 20 pounds and up. In Boxing, you have to look for them as they are in the minority. You had to look as far back as Gatti for this argument that Boxers cut a lot of weight. I can just name any 5 fighters on the last UFC card to look for MMA fighters who cut 20 pounds.

What is funny is, in both of the images you posted, there was less than a 10 pound difference for the other fighter. Both Nonito and Floyd gained less than 10 pounds on fight night. That is what is more consistently seen with Boxers on fight night.

Nah, Gatti was just a famous example as it made people question the current weight system, as he heavily outweighed Gamache and brutalised him. It made people think maybe same day weigh ins were better afterall, to discourage extreme weight cutting.

I mean, are you now just arguing for the sake of it? You asked for 5 examples and I gave you over 10. You've been proven wrong. Boxers cut a lot of weight, and have been pretty doing so before MMA existed.

Why don't you give me the same number of MMA examples of where MMA fighters in this weight range have put on 20 pounds overnight?

And you realise the IBF have a same day weight limit right? You can't weigh in over 10 pounds over the weight limit on the morning of the fight. That's just the morning too, not right before the fight.

Why the fuck would they do that if it was so rare? Because it isn't. It's a common occurance for boxers to put on around 15 pounds by fight night, has been for many years.

Broner is another recent example of a guy who put on almost 20 pounds, from 140 to almost 160.

Boxers cut just as much weight as MMA fighters, again I don't know where the hell you got this weird idea that boxers don't cut weight, but I've categorically proven they do.

Nah, Gatti was just a famous example as it made people question the current weight system, as he heavily outweighed Gamache and brutalised him. It made people think maybe same day weigh ins were better afterall, to discourage extreme weight cutting.

I mean, are you now just arguing for the sake of it? You asked for 5 examples and I gave you over 10. You've been proven wrong. Boxers cut a lot of weight, and have been pretty doing so before MMA existed.

Why don't you give me the same number of MMA examples of where MMA fighters in this weight range have put on 20 pounds overnight?

And you realise the IBF have a same day weight limit right? You can't weigh in over 10 pounds over the weight limit on the morning of the fight. That's just the morning too, not right before the fight.

Why the fuck would they do that if it was so rare? Because it isn't. It's a common occurance for boxers to put on around 15 pounds by fight night, has been for many years.

Broner is another recent example of a guy who put on almost 20 pounds, from 140 to almost 160.

Boxers cut just as much weight as MMA fighters, again I don't know where the hell you got this weird idea that boxers don't cut weight, but I've categorically proven they do.

If Gatti was just a famous example name 5 current fighters who fought in the last month who were 20 pounds over their weigh in weight on fight night. Gatti was listed because he was one of your only examples, as was Pavlik.

Now you are lowering down to 15 eh. You were saying 20 earlier. I'll take that as an admission that it is difficult to find guys in Boxing cutting 20 plus.

Just because there are a few fighters who did it doesn't mean that is the majority. Like I can say Gliesen Tibau and Rumble Johnson cut 30-40 pounds, that doesn't mean that all of MMA is cutting weight like that. I'm trying to get that through your head.

The difference is in Boxing, you have to actually look for the fighters cutting 20 pounds. In MMA, they are all cutting around 20 pounds, just name one. That is the difference. That is why everyone says Boxers don't cut as much as MMA fighters, because it is true.

If Gatti was just a famous example name 5 current fighters who fought in the last month who were 20 pounds over their weigh in weight on fight night. Gatti was listed because he was one of your only examples, as was Pavlik.

Now you are lowering down to 15 eh. You were saying 20 earlier. I'll take that as an admission that it is difficult to find guys in Boxing cutting 20 plus.

Just because there are a few fighters who did it doesn't mean that is the majority. Like I can say Gliesen Tibau and Rumble Johnson cut 30-40 pounds, that doesn't mean that all of MMA is cutting weight like that. I'm trying to get that through your head.

The difference is in Boxing, you have to actually look for the fighters cutting 20 pounds. In MMA, they are all cutting around 20 pounds, just name one. That is the difference. That is why everyone says Boxers don't cut as much as MMA fighters, because it is true.

Whatever you say now doesn't mean anything. You didn't believe me boxers cut weight. You asked for 5 examples, I gave you more. I proved you wrong, not sure why you're still arguing tbh.

So go ahead and name me 12 MMA fighters who have put on 20 pounds overnight, in this weight range. Actually more. You say MMA fighters cut loads more weight, so it should be easy to find examples of say, 20 fighters in this weight range that have put on 20 pounds overnight.

MoneyMay only gonna entertain a Conor fight. Its the only guy that get the revenue to pay the bill them two are gonna want.

But how fucking funny if Conor fucks the LW division by fighting Floyd instead of Ferg/Khabib winner, then proceeds to get his ass handed to him by Mayweather in the cage?

Training with woodley and askren for takedown defense. And kick defense with pettis.

Not bad at all
askren isnt in the gym anymore working with mma guys he just teaches at his wrestling academy and i thought if floyd went to tyron it would be in Missouri not at duke roufus gym

lol at 125. Floyd turned pro at 130.

He could not make 135 let alone 125.

He'll fight at 145, guaranteed.

floyds gonna train 1 week and realize how hard this game is and find a way to cancel this off if hes legit training and having guys in the gym whoa re sparring with him properly like your getting ready for a fight then yes he isnt gonna last cause hes not gonna have any confidence what so ever in that camp getting wrestle fucked daily

floyds gonna train 1 week and realize how hard this game is and find a way to cancel this off if hes legit training and having guys in the gym whoa re sparring with him properly like your getting ready for a fight then yes he isnt gonna last cause hes not gonna have any confidence what so ever in that camp getting wrestle fucked daily

Err, yeah.

Floyd is one of the hardest workers in combat sports history. Despite his flashy devil may care persona, he's extremely dedicated and hardworking. More than people who seem more grown up, like Pacquiao. It's a big reason he's still undefeated.

If he is serious about MMA (which he may not be, probably just trolling) then you best fucking believe he's not going to be discouraged by how hard it is. I mean jesus christ, you have part time C level athletes doing MMA professionally and getting to UFC level, and you think Floyd is going to be discouraged?

<36>

Err, yeah.

Floyd is one of the hardest workers in combat sports history. Despite his flashy devil may care persona, he's extremely dedicated and hardworking. More than people who seem more grown up, like Pacquiao. It's a big reason he's still undefeated.

If he is serious about MMA (which he may not be, probably just trolling) then you best fucking believe he's not going to be discouraged by how hard it is. I mean jesus christ, you have part time C level athletes doing MMA professionally and getting to UFC level, and you think Floyd is going to be discouraged?

<36>

sorry but posting gifs of people because you cant articulate how you feel doesn't make it true i take it you haven't ever trained at a top mma gym where everyones at least a purple belt level given floyd isnt a physically strong guy anyways him trying to fight the beast guys at 145 who have huge wrestling backgrounds and floyds style as well that got him to that level it will be bad for him

sorry but posting gifs of people because you cant articulate how you feel doesn't make it true i take it you haven't ever trained at a top mma gym where everyones at least a purple belt level given floyd isnt a physically strong guy anyways him trying to fight the beast guys at 145 who have huge wrestling backgrounds and floyds style as well that got him to that level it will be bad for him

Don't be a fucktard, read what I wrote.

You have part time C level athletes that get to UFC level with the bare minimum of previous experience. Floyd is an elite athlete and one of the best boxers of all time, and trains extremely hard. The idea he'd find MMA training too hard is fucking retarded, like you.

lol at "I bet you haven't trained". Why don't you show us your credentials big fella? Do you have any footage of you rolling with top guys in top MMA gyms?

And Floyd is extremely strong for his size, and a good infighter. I take it you've never seen him fight? Even Conor was surprised and made a point of saying he was "strong in the clinch" after their fight. He also handled Conor's panic wrestling easier than 200 pound Nate Diaz did.

Dude you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about lol. Like he said just shut the fuck up.

Canelo when he fought at 154 easily cut 20 pounds. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr also easily cut 20 pounds when he fought at 160. He was famous for looking like a holocaust survivor at weigh ins. Brandon Rios is another another.

Pacquaio and Mayweather are the exceptions in ALL of combat sports to not cut weight. The only reason they don’t is because they have been so much better than their opposition and are the two legit great fighters of the past decade.

Whatever you say now doesn't mean anything. You didn't believe me boxers cut weight. You asked for 5 examples, I gave you more. I proved you wrong, not sure why you're still arguing tbh.

So go ahead and name me 12 MMA fighters who have put on 20 pounds overnight, in this weight range. Actually more. You say MMA fighters cut loads more weight, so it should be easy to find examples of say, 20 fighters in this weight range that have put on 20 pounds overnight.

lmao

You proved yourself wrong. Nobody said Boxers don't cut weight. We said Boxers don't cut as much as MMA fighters do, which is true and it is something everyone knows. Are you just like a rebel or something?

Woodley is too hurt to book a fight and train himself. But not too hurt to start training Floyd?

Who needs money fights when Floyd probably pays his training partners more than the UFC pays its champions?

lmao

You proved yourself wrong. Nobody said Boxers don't cut weight. We said Boxers don't cut as much as MMA fighters do, which is true and it is something everyone knows. Are you just like a rebel or something?

Nah,I proved you wrong on several counts. You doubted any boxers put on 20 pounds after the weigh in, asked for examples, I gave them to you.

You also said boxers don't cut water weight, like MMA fighters do. Again I proved you wrong, you don't get fighters putting on 20 pounds overnight without cutting water. You also don't get them guzzling water after a weigh in, using IVs etc if they're not cutting water.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

By the way, where's all the examples of MMA fighters putting on over 20 pounds overnight? If they cut more than boxers as you say, there must be numerous examples of them putting on say, 30 pounds.

Give me 10 examples of an MMA fighter putting on 30 pounds overnight.

Nah,I proved you wrong on several counts. You doubted any boxers put on 20 pounds after the weigh in, asked for examples, I gave them to you.

You also said boxers don't cut water weight, like MMA fighters do. Again I proved you wrong, you don't get fighters putting on 20 pounds overnight without cutting water. You also don't get them guzzling water after a weigh in, using IVs etc if they're not cutting water.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

By the way, where's all the examples of MMA fighters putting on over 20 pounds overnight? If they cut more than boxers as you say, there must be numerous examples of them putting on say, 30 pounds.

Give me 10 examples of an MMA fighter putting on 30 pounds overnight.

OK you rebel you. One day, everyone will be saying a Boxers weight cut is just as extreme as an MMA fighters. & I will remember that FlowchartRog started this movement. Nobody is saying that now but one day, they will. Keep fighting the good fight.

Thanks for that @MastiffMike that’s the kind of data I was expecting the Takamine fella to post. I guess he was unable to find 10 mma fighters putting on 30 pounds by fight night.

I agree that in theory the extra weight classes and weight safety checks imposed by sanctioning bodies should mean boxers cut less, but honestly from what I’ve seen/experienced of both sports, weight cutting seems much of a muchness.

Your post proves exactly what I thought, that in the lower weight classes guys rehydrating back up more than 20 pounds is no more common in MMA than boxing, and that 15 pounds is more common.

And I’m actually quite surprised about Bisping and Hughes only cutting 15 pounds, they’re not small guys.

Again I have no idea how this weird myth started in the MMA community that boxers don’t cut weight, or very little weight, but it’s 100% untrue. The methods used and amounts cut are basically the same.

As I’ve shown it’s not uncommon to get even lighter weight fighters (118 to 147) rehydrating 15 to 20 pounds in boxing, yet even Conor admitted he’d only be ballooning up 15 pounds to 170 against Floyd.

And like you said, that’s just rehydration weight. All those boxers that rehydrated 15 to 20 pounds, their actual walk around weight is going to be more like 30 pounds over in between fights.

Pacquaio and Floyd are very much the exceptions in boxing.

Back